Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The State Of The Game Imho

Delgear

right because if you're wrong and losing an argument to logical statements threatening violence makes you right.

Threatening violence? Really? How was I threatening you? lol.

Plus if there's anyone losing the argument in here, it's you. Loki is an excellent frame and none of the suggestions for changes you've made make sense. No one here really agrees with you.

Ember :: Can you even get this warframe anymore ? jeebus i ran for weeks without a single blueprint or part drop maybe just bad luck, it seems after its nerf this suit is really suffering, and has fallen more to a support role (heat up the rhino and hide). and is getting outclassed badly by suits with more armor in the damage department as well.

I built my Ember about 10 days ago. Its a 100% drop chance for a BP, took me about 10 runs to get the set (Systems was the last one).

With damage 2.0 Ember really does shine against Infested.

Edited by Silvershadow66

reading this post it has basically all come down to defending loki,

has anyone used him recently? His invisibility now goes over the sentinel too which make him soo much better. i agree with everyones thoughts that clone has no scaling and it really needs something to become viable in late levels. i would like to see Loki reworked a bit but i love how he is now. when you are vsing hordes of lvl 50+ enemies that can just tear down you your team radial disarm is a blessing you can bring all the enemies closer making abilities of Nova (Molecular prime), Saryn (Venom), Mag (Pull and crush), Vauban (Vortex) and any other ability ive forgotten that works well with a huge group. you seem to be over looking Loki's potential.

now on to other matters.
Saryn is not a tank most of her skills are close range having her armour high is for survivability.  The definition of a tank is something that can pull agro and hold it off the rest of the team and survive the heavy hits. 

i love Nyx but her Psychic Bolts suck its the one skill i don't use for her

now to Ember haha. my friends main warframe Ember needs a rework on her abilities again she really needs a buff also the BP drop is 100%. wouldn't say Ember is support it deals more damage them a lot of the frames. Getting 1k kills in survival just using World on Fire that move cleans house.

while your post had some merits there are many flaws that i think you will need to re look at. If i am wrong on something im sorry for the bad information and will need to do more runs on that warframe.

Edited by krsnik666

everyone isn't telling me im wrong a very small group of silly folks keep repeating the same dead and defeated arguments.

He's not a low damage warframe he is a tiny itty bitty inconsequential dps frame and his ult is out classed every ability you have presented is outclassed by a better ability and some of the abilities that get trumped get trumped by the same warframe more than 1 time aka the mag has 3 abilities better at what he does, etc.

I am indeed considering them, its the small group of silly people defending a suit that literally statistically doesn't get used ever its like 6% of suits selected for matches, and on top of that when selected 90% of its ability usage is all invis, that aren't listening or taking in the proposed data its fine go ahead and defend your suit that never gets played I'm just saying in every other game in existence that keep an audience for any length of time and doesn't flop like a whale on the beach and bloat and scream and die, they address ridiculous imbalances like the loki.  WoW, League of legends, they all rework they all look at what isn't being played and what isn't working, and they tweak it till it does, radial disarm doesn't save your team it makes the enemies melee and once they are already disarmed your ult does nothing while a hard cc ult like crush does damage and can then be used again for more damage keeping their damage at 0 instead of reduced because 0 < a number above 0.

The trinity can give you 15+ seconds of complete invulnerability now that's also 0 damage in addition that same ability heals all players and sentinels on the team to full. there is literally no cognitive understandable or legitimate argument proposed for how the loki "is just fine" that's why I don't agree.

Saying over and over again "BUT IT DOES THIS" Really really loud when that has been proven inferior by game statistics, usage records, in game damage calculation, out of game damage parsers, thousands of players, just makes you look foolish give me  a singe for instance just one where another warframes ability doesn't outclass it in dps and/or cc simultaniously. and I might consider you, but you are just dead wrong at this point your argument is entirely emotional and 0% factual. I'm tired of saying the same thing only to have you people rebuttal with nonsense that's already been refuted then beat your chest like you won.

Edited by Delgear

@ kirsnik holy god you didn't read what I wrote at all, I literally said the opposite of what you accuse dme of on like 3 different occasions, and no my point wasn't to start a fight over the loki just some internet trolls with no backing can't stop opening their mouth.

saryns a tank I even posted the link that explains her molt takes agro and as well as all the aoe can get a lot of enemies focused on you she also doesn't just have decent survivability she has arguably the third best in the game second best on base stats but the frost abilities are better at mitigating damage,

Nyx's psychic bolts where never argued as a super op ability I stated they could be used to burn down single targets when trying to proc a nova chain reaction.

I literally never called the ember a support frame for the third time holy god read before posting it is a dps frame that had a support ability, that is one of the only now viable 2 abilities on it, I even posted how with the right mods it can outtank the rhino, but im sure you didn't read that either as oblivious nonsensical dot your article.

I literally said that they did a good job of making it "NOT PAY TO WIN" its literally one of the first compliments I gave them. When beta first started it most certainly was pay to win as getting formas to reset your gear was basically money only unless you wanted to only reset 1 item a month. and catalysts where about the same.

so please next time read and think before speaking.

@ grineer napalms comment so can the frost and its a tank frame that outdamages the loki and provides slow on top of negating enemy ranged weapons. I don't have a problem with grineer napalms at all I fight them all the time I have like 8 potatoed suits and many weapons including research weapons potatoed. I've been through it all and every time I get a loki I know im basically one man down but I help them anyway because im sure they are ignorant and stubborn like you.

everyone isn't telling me im wrong a very small group of silly folks keep repeating the same dead and defeated arguments. He's not a low damage warframe hes a tiny itty bitty inconsequential dps frame and his ult is out classed every ability you have presented is outclassed by a better ability and some of the abilities that get trumped get trumped by the same warframe more than 1 time aka the mag has 3 abilities better at what he does, etc. I am considering them, its the small group of silly people defending a suit that literally statistically doesn't get used ever its like 6% of suits selected for matches, and on top of that when selected 90% of its ability usage is all invis, that aren't listening or taking in the proposed data its fine go ahead and defend your suit that never gets played im just saying in every other game in existence that keep an audience for any length of time and doesn't flow like a whale on the beach and bloat and scram and die, they address ridiculous imbalances like the loki.  WoW, League of legends, they all rework they all look at what isn't being played and what isn't working, and they tweak it till it does, radial disarm doesn't save your team it makes the enemies melee and once they are already disarmed your ult does nothing while a hard cc ult like crush does damage and can then be used again for more damage keeping their damage at 0 instead of reduced because 0 < a number above 0. the trinity can give you 15+ seconds of complete invulnerability now that's also 0 damage in addition that same ability heals all players and sentinels on the team to full. there is literally no cognitive understandable or legitimate argument proposed for how the loki "is just fine" that's why I don't agree. saying over and over again "BUT IT DOES THIS" Really really loud when that has been proven inferior by game statistics, usage records, in game damage calculation, out of game damage parsers, thousands of players, just makes you look foolish give me  a singe for instance just one where another warframes ability doesn't outclass it in dps and or cc. and I might consider you but you are just dead wrong at this point your argument is entirely emotional and 0% factual. Im tired of saying the same thing only to have you people rebuttal with nonsense that's already been refuted then beat your chest like you won.

Great run-on sentences.  Everyone here is calling you wrong, where are all your supporters?  If the "Loki's fine" people are a minority, where is your supporting majority?

so please next time read and think before speaking.

no, you.

@ grineer napalms comment so can the frost and its a tank frame that outdamages the loki and provides slow on top of negating enemy ranged weapons. I don't have a problem with grineer napalms at all I fight them all the time I have like 8 potatoed suits and many weapons including research weapons potatoed. I've been through it all and every time I get a loki I know im basically one man down but I help them anyway because im sure they are ignorant and stubborn like you.

Ad Hominem -- google it.

I think the post threatening violence was already removed it had a picture of punching someone through the computer.

This specific forum post that is inside the warframe forums isn't seen by all players, and people who feel passionately about something are going to be the ones to write back, it is far more likely that those that agree with me will uprate and say "finally someone said it outright" and move on. if there isn't an @ followed by a name it may not be pertaining to you specifically, so try to keep that in mind, we all get that you love the loki and no amount of evidence will ever change your emotional opinion that's fine I didn't ask you to agree with me as I recall the article was the state of the game ->"IN MY HUMBLE OPPINION" <- which means up front I acknowledged its my opinion and not fact all by itself I did present my argument however when challenged. The loki supporters thus far have not provided intelligent discourse however, they just repeat what the abilities do as if that wins the day when I explained what the abilities did as I explained why and what trumps them, the "effect" of the lokis ability is copied by many other warframes lets face it theres only so many status effects we can make up but the other warframes still put out damage while doing the same thing, or buff allies, etc. it means I feel the lokis ability needs to do more if its to stay relatively the same, or it needs a new ability if that's too hard to pull off, melee damage is sooooooooo freaking low, that invisibility is made null and void by it, anyone that thinks an invised orthos compares to a potatoed ogris is lying to themselves and doesn't even have a scope of the conversation 8k hits occasionally double hitting with banshee buff up or rhino cry or both, there is nothing that comes even in the ballpark on the loki. and its negligible cc has already been shot down. To say nothing of the aoe splash damage on the double shot that's just looking at the single target impact alone. if the loki was close but the worst dps i'de be fine but its really on the borderline for unplayable in high level content. there is 200+ enemies out there in survival and taking 200 charged melee hits to down them doesn't excite me for the players of this warframe. not to mention a lot of the serration weapons for melee just got indirectly nerfed by damage 2.0 as its now a damage type and doesn't ignore everything but % reduc anymore.

The loki can be useful that's not my argument, my argument is that it is not even close in game balance terms. The vast majority of players will do more damage and help the team more in every circumstance by using a different frame in a team environment. They will put out more dps and still perform the crowd control, and damage mitigation functions the loki claims to have a hold on but doesn't. Its not necessarily that the loki is bad its more that everything else is better if that makes you feel better about it. you now have 2 warframes with a warcry that increases the teams damage they both have good cc and are tanky the rhino and the valkyr. why would you take a self buff frame like the loki over a team buff damage like valkyr or rhino especially since rhinos cc is very strong as is its survivability, the valkyr has higher armor than anything in the game and its ult looks to be big damage.

Does it take weapons away and rip off appendages on infested deactivate flying drones for 2 seconds .... sure but does that matter when compared to other frames ... no it doesn't, dead is a better cc than disarmed, stunned / levitated / black holed / ragdolled, are all superior forms of cc as it lets the enemy do absolutely nothing, where as disarm which is an ultimate and costs a lot to cast still allows them to attack while the third ability on the Vauban is cheaper doesn't allow them to attack holds them together for aoe damage and damages them itself. that's not even the ult which also suspends them unable to fight back for a ridiculous amount of time even without modding.

Why don't we just make every warframe identical in abilities and the only difference between them will be purely cosmetic?

There's your balance.  Anything else leaves subjective interpretation on the issue of balance, and will never be seen as equality by every single player on the planet.

Where did you get the idea that Loki is a damage frame ?

He's utility and support, with high mobility for getting to the right place at the right time. Are you really thinking he's an MMORPG rogue ? He can turn a room full of gun toting psychos into substantially less dangerous stick wavers, move downed team mates out of harms way or reposition dangerous mobs and is blessed to be one of only 2 stealth frames in the game.

He really is a great frame once you stop obsessing over the final run down screen.

Okay, I might be opening myself up to a lot of gunfire here, but.... *deep breath* I agree that Loki is being outclassed a bit. A Bit! And that he does need a rework, as he is not very well liked amongst the higher difficulties. Ever try to be recruited as a Loki for a T3 mission? You might as well have the bubonic plague. Now before the immediate accusal and/or questioning of my skill, Loki was the first frame I picked and I remain loyal to him even with a Rhino and Ember on back-up. I find his speed to be irresistible and his play-style extremely fun, though the fact of being well-liked is slowly becoming the only reason to keep him around. Decoy is worthless next to a Rhino with good energy pools. Swap Teleport is pants-on-head window-licking &#036;&amp;*&amp;*#(%&amp; by design and is sooooo situational, you feel accomplished for finding a use for it at all rather than a GOOD use. Also, and I don't dispute that it may just be me, but the range is horrible and targeting ANYTHING, let alone what you actually want, is nigh impossible. Invisibility pales in comparison to any jerk on your team with a Super-Ignis, and the aoes your friendly-neighborhood Rhino triggers by constantly getting in Heavy Grineer's faces may be the only Friendly Fire aspect of this game. I can't tell you how many times some idiot on my team has interrupted my solo-melee-fun-time by flying into the middle of everything with a karate kick, screaming "Everybody Wang Chung tonight!" only to set of like five enemy stomps and leave me dead and invisible on the ground. Finally, Radial Disarm is extremely useful! ....If you don't have a Vauban on your team that likes Stasis Fields. A floating, armed enemy is just as harmless as a floating, disarmed enemy, and Stasis is way cheaper.

As it stands, nearly every Frame in here has needed a major tweak at some point, so what's wrong with Loki having his time to come back? Hell, maybe make a Prime version. But I do believe that Loki should have multiple roles. I had my own ideas, which mainly consisted of minor tweaks and only ONE power change. Before you start screaming, remember that Rhino didn't always have Roar. Anyone else remember the crappy aoe he use to have? My case rests.

Decoy: Everyone agrees this scales horribly. Boosted health is a must, but I had another idea to make Loki more of a trickster. What if the Decoy exploded on death? That's a hell of a lot more worthy of a God of Mischief. It doesn't even have to be a lot, maybe just enough to 1-shot the lowly canon fodder and knockback, with maybe a debuff on top. My top vote: no armor for 15 seconds. Throw this at a boss, let it get stomped, then unload. Good times.

Swap Teleport: As I said, this is so situational it's not really helpful. Yes, you can save your ally, but even if you pop Invis before diving into the fray, I've ended up insta-gibbed the moment I swapped by the enemy simply finishing the attacks meant for my ally. The only use I ever see for this is when you're with friends, and that's singling out one target. Still not very helpful. Those of you who disagree with me are free to say why, but I'd much rather have another "Oh Snap!" button than something that makes me feel like a Chess player in a game of Rugby.

Elusive Leap: This is my alternative. I've noticed that the aiming for setting up a decoy seems actually pretty good (at least for me). So, why not have a move that works almost the same, except reversed? Instead of setting up a decoy where you aim, why not warp to where you aim and drop an exploding decoy in your place? Loki instantly gets both maneuverability and survivability in one cost-effective move. I would personally recommend having Loki be invincible while this is being cast, because what good is a panic move if you die while casting it? You don't need an escape until you're already in trouble. Also, I would very much like for this to be an independent decoy from... well, Decoy. Setting up two of these things would increase Loki's support and CC. Look deep into your hearts, fellow Loki players, and tell me you wouldn't enjoy leaping around the map, being as much of a pain-in-the-@$$ as possible to the enemies. Or, maybe when you realize all-too-late that the Ancient you just ran up to is actually more Green than Yellow as you first thought. Also, tied up with Fireblades while being shot by a Sniper? Not anymore, sweetheart!

Invisibility: Not much is needed to fix this as far as the move. My only problem with it is being Scorpion'd or Shield-Bashed the moment I activate it. Highly annoying. If I could tweak anything, it'd be a small window of invincibility upon activation, no more than 2 seconds. That's it. If someone would like to tell me how 2 seconds of no-damage is OP, I'd love to hear it. This also lessens some of Loki's squishiness so long as he has the energy to spam, and does make us Melee DPS fans a bit more comfy in the thick of things. 

The only thing that would really make this better is if they fixed the issue with Melee being extremely obsolete to the ridiculous DPS of guns. I actually came here to suggest something for that, but here I am! So might as well see how the reaction is. Why not double or triple melee weapon's damage? Hear me out a second, guns have soooo much range and DPS, so why not make swords a contender again? We are ninjas, right? So why not try to counter a guns insane damage-per-second with insane damage-per-hit. I mean, Serration gives 165% damage to full-auto machine guns, or throwing knives that already hit as hard as Orthos. So, there's my easy quick-fix to melee. Reply to that as you will.

Radial Disarm: Okay, this move is a very nice concept, when you don't consider the moves of others. Despite some snarky responses, I don't believe the solution is another "kill everything in sight" move. Stick with what it was, but make something that shines in T3 missions better than Rhino and Mag spamming their moves. 1, instead of "disabling" their guns, why not make them explode in their hands? A small scale aeo blast that knocks back and maybe, in tight groups, might be enough to weed out the week guys, while the knockback gives you a few seconds to do.... something. Either run like hell or charge up a good opening swing. But this doesn't help against things like Bosses or Infected, does it? So, why not give it a Debuff? Say.... 50% more damage taken from all sources? Combine this with a armor-stripping decoy, and Loki now becomes a handy tool against both infected clumps and bosses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's it, my ideas and 2 cents. If you have criticism, I'll hear it. I really want to stress that every Warframe should be multi-purpose, and Loki is no different. With this, Loki can melee DPS much safer than before, can support his allies, can CC much better, and becomes one of the only true Debuffers in the game. Most importantly, however, Loki becomes the Survivor. Anyone who's ever played Multiplayer on Mass Effect 3 knows what I'm on about here. When the Tank's Aggro bites him hard in the @$$ and he falls in the tides. When the Casters use up their energy and have nothing left. When the Glass Canon fails to obliterate everything. When the DPS guys overextend themselves. And when the Supporters have no one left to protect them, because everyone got owned. Do you know whose left to revive everyone and save the game? The teleporting invisible guy. Loki becomes the come-back-kid.

So, did I do it? Did I suggest changes that most everyone can agree with without risking any of the many ways we all play Loki, while possibly adding a few more? Did I increase his usefulness in High-Tier multiplayer matches? 

....Or should I be expecting a lynch mob at my doorstep any moment now?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1dcmzj/warframe_discussion_loki/

review by reddit crew all ranked subpar. notice a bunch of loki fanboys again try to defend it despite the facts being there. and much like my case they just belligerently scream what the abilities do which everyone is aware of they just aren't as good. and this reddit crew man tried to give it a good shake but put in just what I did that it drops off late game.

Concerning Ember, World on Fire has received a significant buff in damage, and is even powerful enough to blow through most Corrupted (Void enemies) within a few seconds.

In fact, Fireball can instantly kill Ancients up to about the beginning of Xini's level with Focus. Yes, Fireball.

Concerning Loki, I am consistently seeing you refer to him as a DPS Warframe. He's a mostly self-serving support who is, contrary to many people's beliefs, not meant for killing things (don't get me wrong, Galatine with Invisibility is glorious).

The only real problem I have with Loki is that Decoy gets shredded upwards of level 20.

Concerning English, please make your posts easier to read.

I take time out of my day to make my posts something a person would read without too much effort. Unless you're posting these from work, which is a decent excuse.

@ Raidose I suggested most of those changes verbatim and other sin a slightly different way and have been lynched since then having no one read anything else I listed due to loki spam. so prepare yourself the fanboy herd commeth.

Delgear, no offense, but your suggestions involved moving clones that fight and a change to practically all his powers, as well as making him a "tank".

Loki :: Good god this suit is garbage even for a starting suit it has one ability that even keeps it in the relative ballpark in damage and its still way down at the bottom of the ballpark, loki needs a rework something fierce i have several ideas for it but at this point i sold it to make more room for warframes that do something they are as follows ::

Allow the loki to make Phantasms of itself that attack and do melee damage (low damage like saryn 1) and gather threat on one target for its 1, let its 2 be a ranged minion that does the same both perhaps targeting whatever the loki has targetted when conjured, make them move and use cover and avoid people within a given range (use dodgeroll jump on things ect.) make 3 still swap teleport so the loki can switch with a clone but don't give it a cast animation, and the ultimate should summon 2 more minions and enrage all minions making them do more damage and if they are killed they detonate. this option would put the loki in the midrange dps caster role.

Another option is to completely forgo the damage role on the loki and make it a "Tank frame" however it would implement a completely new style tank class by using illusions to tank the enemies instead of the loki itself using the same 1 and 2 from above and swap teleport a simple change to the ult and the effect of each clone can completelty change the end result make the ult still conjure 2 more taunting clones but it heals all the illusary clones and makes them all taunt everything in the area for a few seconds before reverting to thier innitial AI of taunt and kite or in the melees case taunt and chase.

I'm not saying mine are better than yours, but I am saying that they involve far less drastic changes. I only replaced one move, the others I simply added to. Unless someone would like to explain otherwise, I don't see how my suggestions would hinder Loki at all. Every Warframe has had a major tweak at some point, as I've already said. Why can't Loki? I will not object criticism, so long as there is more said than some smart alec reply. 

ultimately I think the healthiest thing for the game is to subdivide the warframes into more strict groups and have them scale their abilities differently as then tweaks to mods / abilities don't have such far reaching effects and cascading balancing problems.

Tanks :: Frost, Saryn, Rhino, Valkyr(not sure haven't had much time with it in group)

Tanks should get extra rewards for stacking health / armor and / shields to their abilities maybe things like rhino skin and molt scaling on the health and shields of the frame, making max health auras or max shield auras more viable options for them and releasing the clamps on them having to take focus maybe put power efficiency on a few dual mods that have tanky stats. maybe armor scales the cc duration of time stomp. IDK the exact answer here but demand has to be created for health auras and more health and armor and shield mods for these frames. maybe make the saryns default poison generate threat and lower enemy damage based on its armor or health or something.

Midrange melee oriented frames :: Ashe, Loki(if left unchanged), Valkyr(not sure again not much test data

These frames I think need their abilities to scale on their melee damage and cause a desire for melee damage type auras and allow them to perform different various effects based on the weapon equipped when using a related ability, use the attack speed of the weapon to determine hits delivered and the damage of the weapon for damage / hit, maybe allow these abilities to crit as well.

Caster frames :: Ember, Nyx, Necros, Nova

These frames I would think would remain relatively unchanged as focus, continuity, stretch, efficiency translate very literally into their abilities and energy regen auras would be very desirable as their primary need to have energy available always to keep their enemies at a distance and fight them through abilities.

Support frames :: Banshee, Trinity, Necros

I feel like these frames need a desire to be way back row, and use the auras for rifles damage or power damage with an emphasis on the teams bonus from having them around as opposed to their own selfish needs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason I think these changes need to be made is because whenever a tweak to only one thing happens presently the balance of the game goes into ridiculous flux a small tweak to focus's effect could have very weird circumstances like making ember tank too well, or rhino skin being unbreakable, or rhino suddenly being a strong dps in addition (happened not too long ago)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think also with damage 2.0 splitting the damage into 3 categories by default seems like a good idea except when all guns have all 3 and now damage mods which are % based have drastically less effect yet the enemies have about the same health as the game scales up.

Im going to skip over the wacky damage as im assuming its a glitch and will be normalized with hotfixes.

I think that combining elements for lvl 2 elemental mixes is great but I think a guns elemental capabilities need to stop there  I think if you want to see less rainbow builds make elemental combos harder to get.

If elemental mods can only be from the base gun the ammo and say the reactor for firing. Then your trigger can handle fire rate/ reload speed, you barrel can handle multishot, puncture / impact / slash / pierce, your sight can handle accuracy / zoom / range.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone always tries to play Loki up like he's one of the best frames, but inside we all know he's complete trash and only useful for troll switch teleporting.

I...... I...... Is this sarcasm? I really can't tell. Anyway, that's fine. As long as people call Loki garbage, he won't get nerfed, and as he is, he's by far my favorite frame so, keep it up.