The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Nikana Day of the Dead skin not working on nikana zaw.

TGI_fibber

While the nikana zaw has access to most nikana skins in game, it does seem to be able to equip the Day of the Dead nikana skin from the Halloween event. While this may be a bug, the skin itself does not warn the player of this and may have them waste 20 platinum on a skin they may not be able to use. While this may be a negligible amount for some, its a shame the skin cannot be used as it has a great festive design. 

Edited by TGI_fibber

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not listing it, but it is called the Sepfahn zaw. It appears this bug has existed for years with some other people bringing it up asking for it to be fixed. Hope to hear of a change sometime soon. 

Edited by TGI_fibber

I don't have that skin, but based on similar problems that have come up in the past, I'm going to make the following presumption..

I think all of the DotD weapon skins are for individual weapons and their direct variants. So Orthos DotD works on Orthos and Orthos Prime, but not other weapons in the polearm weapon class, like Cassowar or Serro. Makes  perfect sense so far, right?

Unfortunately back in the depths of time DE made "nikana" both a weapon and a weapon class.  So the DotD skin is for the Nikana and its prime, but not the zaw Nikana or the Dragon Nikana, which are part of the weapon class, but not variants of the Nikana. lol 

If you're thinking this is  confusing, opaque, misleading,  and  DEs responsibility to make right, I agree.  But they never have publicly done anything about it.  You should be able to get a refund, especially if you bought the skin recently.

• Like 2