The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happens with archon shards on a Warframe when it's being subsumed to helminth?

(XBOX)K1jker

Question

6 answers to this question

They are consumed but this is something that clashes with what DE has said about the mechanic/interaction. See below, the main patchnote reads like it is patched to no longer be working yet goes on in the footnote to state it is still possible yet you can get them back via contacting support. Really don't know why they wouldn't just automatically refund it or prevent subsuming the frame in the first place and instead just making the "solution" being not changed and just a popup screen which is already there for subsuming meaning it wouldn't have the desired effect of preventing people from doing it and then requiring contacting support afterwards.

Fixed being able to Subsume a Warframe with Archon Shards, ultimately resulting in losing the Shards.

• There is now a confirmation screen that pops up upon Subsuming a Warframe that has Archon Shards equipped. If you have lost Archon Shards in the process of Subsuming, please contact support.warframe.com.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

meaning it wouldn't have the desired effect of preventing people from doing it and then requiring contacting support afterwards.

The pop up attempts to stop you from destroying shards. You have to blatantly ignore it with a confirmation in order to subsume the frame. Not impossible but certainly less likely.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

See below, the main patchnote reads like it is patched to no longer be working yet goes on in the footnote to state it is still possible yet you can get them back via contacting support.

At the time I assumed that was just meant to apply to people who had already lost shards that way, i.e., before there was a warning.

19 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

Really don't know why they wouldn't just automatically refund it

Yeah, I wish they would have done this.  But then people would be uninstalling shards "for free", and we can't have that, can we? :P

• Like 1

vor 12 Stunden schrieb XHADgaming:

They are consumed but this is something that clashes with what DE has said about the mechanic/interaction. See below, the main patchnote reads like it is patched to no longer be working yet goes on in the footnote to state it is still possible yet you can get them back via contacting support. Really don't know why they wouldn't just automatically refund it or prevent subsuming the frame in the first place and instead just making the "solution" being not changed and just a popup screen which is already there for subsuming meaning it wouldn't have the desired effect of preventing people from doing it and then requiring contacting support afterwards.

Wow really? I'm glad I asked instead of testing 😅 and I usually skip warnings as well so that could've ended horribly.. I'm curious if I accidentally subsumed shards before.. 

Either way, thank you for the info