The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forums Mobile Push Notifications

Voltage

I was curious if anyone here has set up (or tried) using mobile push notifications for Invision Community (the host DE uses for these forums). I came across an announcement from Invision not too long ago for this functionality (it's not really that new now), and wondering anyone's gotten it to work and how well it works (I have an iPhone, but Android also works).

Instructions for Clients: https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/how-to-use-ips-community-suite/content-discovery/push-notifications-device-side-r369/

Instructions for Admins (I'm not sure which Digital Extremes staff are in charge of the Forums backend):

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/how-to-use-ips-community-suite/content-discovery/push-notifications-admin-side-r368/

The way it reads from the host, there is this "manifest" that the Forum would set up to use. For me right now, it says my mobile browser does not support push notifications, and my app icon is just a W. I'm assuming it's just not set up given the relatively new addition of this feature for iOS.

I would really like to enjoy using this feature because I follow all the staff so that I don't miss any important posts and announcements.

:)

• Like 1

@Letter13 I know we just got a major update, so DE has bigger things to worry about, but I was wondering if you know anything about this (with your moderator permissions). If not, maybe there is a way to make whoever is in charge of the Forums aware. 👀

This just looks like a really cool feature for the site. Cheers.