Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frame to get next?

hamidelec

Question

I have Volt, Rhino, and Wukong. I use Wukong for Spy missions and treasure hunt. Rhino is my choice for all of the other contents. I have one free slot, and I may sell Volt (Because I don't use him anymore). I generally play by melee weapons (already have have +60% melee bonus aura mod). Rhino, was good until enemies below level 45, but now his iron skin with 3000 strength is gone after getting a few gun shots. So, I'm wondering whom should I get next?

18 answers to this question

Revanent if you want easy mode. 

Nekros for farming resources.

If you want a melee based warframe then Voruna or Kullervo is your best bet.

As a wisp main I am very biased and suggest going for her over everything since she is capable of doing most playstyles very well (On top of being able to do really any activity in the game.) along with the moral boost (lol) she is just great. I do however reccomend going for her prime it is easier to farm and to avoid spoilers if you aren't that far yet.

Edited by (PSN)EntityPendragon

1 hour ago, hamidelec said:

and I may sell Volt (Because I don't use him anymore)

Do not sell any normal frames (they are going be useful once you get Helminth Segment). Get more slots. Farm plat either with Spy (mods) or with fissues (Void Capture - Hepit/Ukko for Relic), open the in public, try to sell stuff on market.

Note: This game does not have simple & obvious progression system like other games. End game modded Volt can still do good end game. And it is very useful in stuff like Eidolon Hunting.

I generally play by melee weapons (already have have +60% melee bonus aura mod).

The Steel Charge is additive to Pressure Point and other sources of %dmg, not a 1,6x multiplier. It is good however because it has higher capacity than other auras.

Rhino, was good until enemies below level 45, but now his iron skin with 3000 strength is gone after getting a few gun shots.

Wild idea, but try not to get shot at? If you keep moving (with melee), stuff doesnt hurt you much. It is entirely possible to clear whole startchart with 300/300 frame without a single death.

So, I'm wondering whom should I get next?

If you are looking for something that will not die, you may try Octavia. You cant die if you are invisible and every enemy is attacking your mallet. But you should just get more slots and get other frames. Preferably all of them to see what fits you best.

Edited by Zakkhar

If you’re early-game and don’t have any defense-frames, you might want to pick up something like Frost, Gara, Limbo

Also for early game, some kind of loot-frame like Nekros, Hydroid, Khora might be worth considering (as well as the Smeeta kavat if you’re looking for companion ideas)

Also seconding Zephyr for her playstyle (mid-air mobility) and having her own soft-defense abilities in her wind bubble and tornadoes

Edited by Pakaku

8 hours ago, hamidelec said:

I may sell Volt

Helminth him instead (eventually). Never sell a frame for credits. Early game don't sell anything for credits. Anything.

My volt is probably my most used frame. I use him (volt prime) to farm ESO runs, relic runs, syndicate runs, cetus bounties, etc. His kit is great for speed runs. I also use him quite a bit doing Eidolon hunts 

8 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

^^^ this. Revenant is awesome. His kit is really designed as a lone gunner. Tanky. My second used frame. I feel he is better than Rhino.

Nekros needs a lot of forma to survive. Volt is good for melee too. With Volt, cast your 2 (speed) and fire up the vitamix.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

Rhino just needs better mods and he'll get through even Steel Path without much trouble.

I'd keep hold of Volt too, he may be a starter frame but he and Mag are monsters once you get them modded.

I'd go Zephyr, hardly needs any mods to be great once you get the playstyle.

Thanks for the response. I will hold Volt. About zephyr, his aerial playstyle seems difficult specially in places without enough foot holding like bridges.

11 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

As a wisp main I am very biased and suggest going for her over everything since she is capable of doing most playstyles very well (On top of being able to do really any activity in the game.) along with the moral boost (lol) she is just great. I do however reccomend going for her prime it is easier to farm and to avoid spoilers if you aren't that far yet.

Thanks, for the response. Revenant seems promising. Does his passive skill work on the enemies that remove shield instantly with magnetic attack? 

About Nekros, his ability for more loots is good, but can he survive and deal enough damage in high level missions while being solo?

About Kullervo, can he survive or he is squishy?

11 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Do not sell any normal frames (they are going be useful once you get Helminth Segment). Get more slots. Farm plat either with Spy (mods) or with fissues (Void Capture - Hepit/Ukko for Relic), open the in public, try to sell stuff on market.

Thanks for the response. I hold Volt, and of course other frames at least till I get Helminth Segment. 

The Steel Charge is additive to Pressure Point and other sources of %dmg, not a 1,6x multiplier. It is good however because it has higher capacity than other auras.

11 hours ago, hamidelec said:

Are you suggesting that "Corrosive projection"  is better?

If you are looking for something that will not die, you may try Octavia. You cant die if you are invisible and every enemy is attacking your mallet. But you should just get more slots and get other frames. Preferably all of them to see what fits you best.

Actually, her playstyle seems a little hard (about hitting buttons in a specific manners to activate some buffs). Therefore, I'm planning on getting Ivara that can help me in hunting and getting  kavat imprints more easily. Am I wrong?

10 hours ago, Pakaku said:

If you’re early-game and don’t have any defense-frames, you might want to pick up something like Frost, Gara, Limbo

Also for early game, some kind of loot-frame like Nekros, Hydroid, Khora might be worth considering (as well as the Smeeta kavat if you’re looking for companion ideas)

Also seconding Zephyr for her playstyle (mid-air mobility) and having her own soft-defense abilities in her wind bubble and tornadoes

Thanks for the response. About "Nekros, Hydroid, Khora", which one is viable in steel path and can play solo?

About zephyr, his aerial playstyle seems difficult specially in places without enough foot holding like bridges.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Helminth him instead (eventually). Never sell a frame for credits. Early game don't sell anything for credits. Anything.

My volt is probably my most used frame. I use him (volt prime) to farm ESO runs, relic runs, syndicate runs, cetus bounties, etc. His kit is great for speed runs. I also use him quite a bit doing Eidolon hunts 

^^^ this. Revenant is awesome. His kit is really designed as a lone gunner. Tanky. My second used frame. I feel he is better than Rhino.

Nekros needs a lot of forma to survive. Volt is good for melee too. With Volt, cast your 2 (speed) and fire up the vitamix.

Thanks for the response. I hold Volt. About Revenant, how can he deal with toxic debuff. Actually, the main reason I chose rhino is his iron skin protection even against toxic debuff.

Are you suggesting that "Corrosive projection"  is better?

Not on base content where enemies armor is irrelevant. On high level grineer or corrupted however, probably. There are too many factors to take into account to definately say something is better or worse. Like is said Steel Charge is great because of the additional capacity, especially on frames without Reactor, where very point counts, not because of the bonus it gives.

Actually, her playstyle seems a little hard (about hitting buttons in a specific manners to activate some buffs). Therefore, I'm planning on getting Ivara that can help me in hunting and getting  kavat imprints more easily. Am I wrong?

Octavia is super easy. Only thing you need to remember is to occasionally spam crouch to stay cloaked and have all your abilities going (maybe beside 2). Her passive gives you increased energy regen whenever you pop an ability so even without energy conservation you can handle it. Other buffs activate themseves whenever you do stuff, you do not really have to pay attention to it (I don't).

Ivara is cool too, but much harder to obtain and she is somewhat one trick pony. Only really useful for her Prowl and Sleep Arrow (spy, conservation, kavat hunting). Octavia can do everything - easily solo whole starchart, Steel Path included.

About Revenant, how can he deal with toxic debuff. Actually, the main reason I chose rhino is his iron skin protection even against toxic debuff.

Revenant surrounds himself in a shroud of Sentient energy that reflects 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 incoming enemy attacks; attackers receive 100% of the reflected damage and Status Effects, while also becoming stunned for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds. Upon consuming a charge, Revenant becomes invulnerable for 1 second. Mesmer Skin lasts until all charges are used.

He reflects both damage and status effects (toxic debuff included).

Thanks for the response. About "Nekros, Hydroid, Khora", which one is viable in steel path and can play solo?

All of them, depending on builds.

Khora needs excessive investment (forma) though because of stat stick is needed. She is rather anoying to farm as well (normal SO).

Hydroid is super OP right now, but to get the extra loot you need augument and shoot enemies grabbed by tentacles. Can strip armor. Easy to farm (Earth Assasination)

Nekros is fine if you have strong weapons and his loot ability is part of his kit so no special augument mods needed (although despoil helps), He has also access to full armor strip with very low investment in power str of 167. Also easy to farm (Deimos Assasination - Lephantis).

Edited by Zakkhar

About Nekros, his ability for more loots is good, but can he survive and deal enough damage in high level missions while being solo?

If you stay on the move yes, he has also hard cc (Terrify) and some summons that can distract enemies from attacking you. As for the damage, entirely up to the weapons you give him, none of his abilities is really good damagewise.

29 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

All of them, depending on builds.

Khora needs excessive investment (forma) though because of stat stick is needed. She is rather anoying to farm as well (normal SO).

Hydroid is super OP right now, but to get the extra loot you need augument and shoot enemies grabbed by tentacles. Can strip armor. Easy to farm (Earth Assasination)

Nekros is fine if you have strong weapons and his loot ability is part of his kit so no special augument mods needed (although despoil helps), He has also access to full armor strip with very low investment in power str of 167. Also easy to farm (Deimos Assasination - Lephantis).

Thanks for your advices. I'll go for octavia and then nekros. 

Nekros you really need a strong gun to do SP solo. The reason is to get your summons, you need to kill enemies. Nekros dies initially very quickly so you need to be a le to take out enemies quickly to build your #4.

Ivara is great for spy, animal captures, kavat hunting, mining, and many other things. She's kinda META for archon hunts solo too. But she's another glass cannon. You need a strong weapon to solo SP imo.

Honestly you'll want all the frames eventually so don't worry about it.

Just play, have fun and the frames will come.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Nekros you really need a strong gun to do SP solo. The reason is to get your summons, you need to kill enemies. Nekros dies initially very quickly so you need to be a le to take out enemies quickly to build your #4.

Ivara is great for spy, animal captures, kavat hunting, mining, and many other things. She's kinda META for archon hunts solo too. But she's another glass cannon. You need a strong weapon to solo SP imo.

Honestly you'll want all the frames eventually so don't worry about it.

Just play, have fun and the frames will come.

Yes, I want all of them eventually. I just wanted to choose the right one for progressing faster and easier. thanks for your advice.