Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow players to purchase defective mods in advance

zms9110750

You know, in Phobos Junction, players need to scan for central fragments.

They need a [Thief's Wit].

It would be great if players could make their own purchases. New players now also need experienced players to give gifts or form teams to complete this task.

Alternatively, place Thief's Wit from the Phobos reward at the Mars Junction.

Alternatively, players can also obtain a 30 meter item detection range without mods.

Anyway, no matter what. You need him to complete the task now. Then give it to you as a reward after completing the task. It is very unreasonable in game design.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what machine translation has turned my words into.

I mean the process of finding that fragment, it's too difficult for newcomers.
We usually display fragments directly on our map due 

But without this radar, you would have to search every corner of the map

This process is very laborious. But it's not necessary.
An item radar can reduce a lot of effort.

Alternatively, move this task to the conjunction point of Ceres?
Finding fragments is just an egg and cannot help players become stronger. Why does a novice need to know this so early and put in a lot of effort for it?

1 hour ago, zms9110750 said:

I mean the process of finding that fragment, it's too difficult for newcomers.

Is it though? I was a newbie once. Had no trouble with finding them. 

The key is to not actually search for them. You get them while playing the missions normally* and by the time you get to the junction you should already have them all.

*) normally as in solo, on your own pace, not being taxid by friends.

PS: Thief wit is overkill, just slap Animal Instict on your starting Taxon.

Mods

The following mods provide the bonus, and the bonus values of extra horizontal detection range for the maximum mod rank:

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, zms9110750 said:

New players now also need experienced players to give gifts or form teams to complete this task.

No they don't. How do you think we got this completed back in the day? I got it done solo without a problem years ago.

7 hours ago, zms9110750 said:

This process is very laborious. But it's not necessary.

If you can't handle exploring and taking your time, this might not be the game for you unless you just want to buy everything with platinum or have the wiki open on a second screen every minute you're playing.

• Like 1

On 2023-11-03 at 2:19 AM, zms9110750 said:

It would be great if players could make their own purchases.

Exactly what is stopping new players from making purchases? Soon as I finished Vor's Prize, the starting quest, I was in market checking out all the awesome guns I could get because I like to have a choice in my arsenal, and I was very much allowed to buy things. I also was very much able to buy platinum, so I have no idea what you're talking about on this.

As far the mod itself having to be gifted or whatever, you're entirely wrong. You can pull the mod from Formido on Deimos. You can get to Deimos as soon as you unlock Mars, so before Phobos. So yeah, there's just no factual information given by you in that.

As far as the task itself you're speaking of for Phobos... USE THE SCANNER LIKE IT TELLS YOU! It's how I did it, It's how my wife did it, it's how every player who didn't have a guide or wiki to help them did it. Not everything needs to be cheesed, you are perfectly capable of doing things the correct way. Is it nice to be able to make a supposed to be a challenge task a complete joke by cheesing it with a cheap trick? Yeah, it's nice to be able to use Ivara to drop a line over the Jackal and just rain fire on it from above, just as it's fun to ignore like 5 Mastery tests by using Titania to just ya know... fly. But the Phobos task just needs scanners, and there's no need for anything else. Take your time, explore your surroundings, maybe even go solo on some things. I learned all the void tile set secrets by simply replaying Teshub over and over and over. If you feel you need to rely so heavily on a mod like Thief's Wit to complete the task, you might be playing the wrong game.

• Like 1