The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Bug: Toxic Lash hits don't charge the incarnon bar

VibingCat

As the title says, all instances of damage from Saryn's Toxic Lash do not contribute to building the incarnon bar, this can cause an annoying problem when fighting against shielded enemies: oneshot-headshot kills may not charge the incarnon bar at all. This seems to affect only Corpus units and some Corrupted simply because they have shields. It can be replicated with any incarnon guns (so far, I have tested with Lato Vandal and Braton Prime, both modded for viral).

If the enemy is tanky enough to require more than one shot to be killed - for example Orm Elite Crewmen, as shown in the video -, every shot beyond the first one will correctly charge the incarnon bar, therefore multishot helps.

Notes:

1) removing the target's helmet doesn't prevent this bug;

2) if the weapon is not able to oneshot the target's shields while Toxic Lash is not active, and this ability would allow it to oneshot its health, then for sure the incarnon bar remains the same;

3) the problem of not getting any incarnon charge on oneshot headshots does not occur when the target is so weak that it's killed before Toxic Lash triggers (in the video you can see the basic crewmen are damaged by Toxic Lash, without which there would be an orange/red crit to their health), this means that damage buffs can prevent that.

As proof that Toxic Lash doesn't give any contribution to the incarnon bar, without multishot Kunai takes exactly four headshots to build its incarnon form whether or not the ability is active.

Edited by VibingCat
I did some testing and found the problem
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tighearna said:

Is it worth testing this on other mobs that have shields, but are not corpus? If such a thing exists. It might be an interaction with the shields, rather than any other factor.

My bet is that the instant of damage from Toxic Lash doesn't charge the bar when killing an enemy, I should try to test this against enemies with little health and many shields, such that my weapon wouldn't be able to oneshot all the shields.

I also tested it against the infestation without noticing the same issue.

13 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

If you're talking about shield gating, I think that doesn't happen when Corpus units are hit with headshots, right? I'll give it a try anyway.

No, just a very random idea that Corpus helmets--which I believe still have mechanics attached to them--are interfering with Incarnon charging in this very specific scenario...for some reason.

Mostly I thought of it because they've tripped me up in the past when looking at damage in the Sim.  But in this case it's an easy thing to eliminate if you see the same thing happening with Ospreys, Moas, or whatever.

35 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

No, just a very random idea that Corpus helmets--which I believe still have mechanics attached to them--are interfering with Incarnon charging in this very specific scenario...for some reason.

Mostly I thought of it because they've tripped me up in the past when looking at damage in the Sim.  But in this case it's an easy thing to eliminate if you see the same thing happening with Ospreys, Moas, or whatever.

After some testing in the Simulacrum, I found the problem and rewrote my whole post. The problem is even more consistent when a target has little health and high shields, such as Anti Moas.

• 2 months later...