The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora whipclaw will not build combo count with ack & brunt equipped

(XBOX)Tucker D Dawg

Title.

Repeatedly hitting enemies with whipclaw will not build any combo.
If you build combo using the ack&brunt, as soon as you cast whipclaw it consumes all combo as if you did a heavy attack.
I have tested many other weapons and every other sword and shield and it only seems to be with ack&brunt.

I tested with and without mods equipped, with different focus schools, etc.

I have an incarnon adapter on ack&brunt, and tested with a&b in both regular and incarnon form.  I don't have one wihtout adapter, so not sure if that is a requirement.  Does not happen with other incarnon melee weapons however.

• Like 1

That's a funny story actually, see, a while back DE released the Xoris - this neat little glaive had the pretty convenient perk of an infinite combo duration. Since combo is essential for pseudo exalted weapons like Whipclaw, and people didn't like being forced to use Naramon, soon the Xoris became popular as the stat stick of choice.

This was purely for the convenience of allowing a free choice of focus school, and in fact has a lower power ceiling than using traditional stat sticks - mastery fodder weapons with high riven dispositions.

DE however, in their infinite wisdom, made a statement about how the Xoris conferred "overwhelming power" to exalted weapons, and consequently turned it, and with it every other weapon that pauses the combo timer, from a convenient but low-power option for stat sticks into the literal worst options you could possibly use.

In short, when you have such a weapon equipped (and this includes Incarnon evolutions that pause the combo timer), using any pseudo exalted weapon will delete your entire combo bar. Yes, that's not a bug but a concsious design descision taken by someone at DE.

And what's even funnier is that now, the new incarnon weapons that buff base crit and/or status are the uncontested best stat sticks in the game, with truly unrivaled power, yet DE isn't doing anything about it at all, while the poor Xoris and similar weapons, who never actually were very strong at all, are still literally unusable.

Edited by Traumtulpe

24 minutes ago, juanmajor said:

If you are using the evolution that pauses the combo timer while holstered, it will reset all your combo count when casting a exalted or pseudo exalted, including whipclaw

ah good to know thx.  I may have selected that - not even trying to use that as building combo now is so easy but rather just randomly chose it.