Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fafnir, the Wyrmcaller

crazywolfpusher

2024 is the Year of the Dragon and since Orowyrms are a thing, I thought it would be cool if we had a Warframe inspired by them? or maybe the other way around. Duviri is full of Paradoxes after all.

Named Fafnir because we are missing the F named fem Warframe. Year of the Dragon... one of the most famous dragons names...  and the Q is going to be taken by Qorvex (💔 Quetzalcoatl ) 

At first was thinking for some sort of Dragon Priestess, then I came to realize that Duviri Orowyrms are transformations, some sort of curse maybe? Lore folk can come with something amazing, I'm not really that deep into it. 

GGoS3P.jpg

So why not make her more Dragon-like. Less Deluxe-ornamented and base Warframe looking.

Also, moods are a big part of Duviri, maybe she could reflect that on her 'Hair'. This could be an Ephemera similar to Voruna's Okuri Tail.

GGqU33.jpg

Then after some extra prompts mixing ideas.

GGqhMu.jpg

I'm not sure what her abilities should do gameplay wise, but her ultimate should be something like controlling an Orowyrm (like we do in Duviri!) for a few seconds, that function like Hydroid's Tide Surge/Revenant's Reave. Allowing her to move like Wukong Clould Walker while dealing damage in her path. 

Spoiler

c21b1c145dd46f106347be0b514561e1065cf4db

Have some ideas?, let's go crazy.

Edited by crazywolfpusher
  • Like 7

Please make it a male frame if it is to be named Fafnir, since he was the son of Reidmar and brother to Regin and Utter. A shapeshifting dwarf at that. Frigg, Freya or Freja would work just as well even if neither of the two were dragons, since dragons are overall something deeply connected to norse culture overall. We were afterall once dragons of the north up here. :clem:

Or if you really want the Fafnir connection, Fafndis or Fafnadis would fit better, since dis refers to a female deity or one of similar mystical otherwordly nature. As how women arent named Thor, but instead named Thordis over the more simple Thora. An ending with ynja would also work, as in Asar and Asynjor to describe the tribe of the asagods.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Please make it a male frame if it is to be named Fafnir, since he was the son of Reidmar and brother to Regin and Utter. A shapeshifting dwarf at that. Frigg, Freya or Freja would work just as well even if neither of the two were dragons, since dragons are overall something deeply connected to norse culture overall. We were afterall once dragons of the north up here. :clem:

Or if you really want the Fafnir connection, Fafndis or Fafnadis would fit better, since dis refers to a female deity or one of similar mystical otherwordly nature. As how women arent named Thor, but instead named Thordis over the more simple Thora. An ending with ynja would also work, as in Asar and Asynjor to describe the tribe of the asagods.

We already have a male dragon-themed frame, so might be easier just to change the name.  I'd opt for Jinlong since that would reflect the orowyrm theme.

I'd definitely have to take a harder look at orowyrms to figure out anything for a kit though.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Raarsi said:

We already have a male dragon-themed frame, so might be easier just to change the name.  I'd opt for Jinlong since that would reflect the orowyrm theme.

I'd definitely have to take a harder look at orowyrms to figure out anything for a kit though.

The norse theme also reflects the Orowyrm, more so than a chinese or general asian dragon, since the Lindorm (Lindwyrm) of norse tales are also limbless dragons, they are also most often hostile evil beings, or signs of destruction, as opposed to the asian dragons that are nearly always good.

And I'd argue that it would be perfect to add a male dragon to complete the Sigurd and Fafnir duo in WF. I mean, Chroma already comes with Gram (Prime).

• Like 1

Amazing, would buy this frame in a heartbeat. I'd lose the tail idea though in the top right illustration. The Bottom left illustration is the best aesthetically looking, very beautiful job you've done there.

GGqhMu.jpg

The waving hair would be so cool but might be a challenge for the design team, though if they did implement it, it might set a precedent and pave the way for more frames with flowing hair and other creative ideas.

You should definitely put this on Steam Workshop to gain traction and let people vote >

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/workshop/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Concept images:
I really like the concepts, I'm a little worried about how the hair and tail might get messed up in the map, but it's still.

Female Chroma:
Sounds superfluous at first, but Yareli is also somehow a second water Warframe that seems somewhat like the female counterpart to Hydroid.

Definitely a Warframe for the Year of the Dragon:
On the one hand, it was also interesting to release a "Darksiders"/"Apocalyptic Horsemen" Warframe for Halloween.

Unfortunately, the problem with skins and Warframes inspired by Chinese culture is the bad reputation that developers are forced to adapt to the Chinese market in order to sell something there without knowing what they are selling.
You can tell by the name Fafnir and the depiction of a female Warframe. Wasn't Fafnir male?

Second Duviri Warframe:
Right now we only have Kullervo, a Warframe that you can unlock if you defeat all the final bosses (those wind snakes), it even sounds logical.

Warframe Abilities:
I have to think a little of “Fuchur” from “The Neverending Story” and “Yuan Bo” from the Total War Warhammer DLC.
Accordingly, the ideas about what this Warframe should be able to do are a bit strange; a mixture of Zepyr and Chroma would be a bit boring.

At some point it cannot be prevented that Warframes are similar, there are already over 50.

Further use of existing ones:
Titania has the Archwing, Dagath the Kaithe, Yareli a K-Drive, Khora a Kavat.

So it's not even a bad idea that a dragon/wyvern Warframe uses the model or animations from Orowrms.

Edited by KaffeRausch

The green ones kind rimended me of my old qilin warframe ( basicaly a dragon horse ) 
here the kit you might get inpiration for your own 

On 2023-11-17 at 9:41 AM, crazywolfpusher said:

t first was thinking for some sort of Dragon Priestess, then I came to realize that Duviri Orowyrms are transformations, some sort of curse maybe? Lore folk can come with something amazing, I'm not really that deep into it. 

GGoS3P.jpg

Qilin frame

Since DE started the trend of doing almost same theme diferent sex frame ( yariel and protea ) , here my totaly not a dragon frame to corret the wrongs of anemic breath and create a new suport frame with a strong buffs that requires constant player engagment to keep it up ( it efectevely requires the player to constatly hit their skills on enemies to charge it up) 

Passive - Omen of the Heavens – hitting enemies with skills grants heavens favor charges ( charge gained equals to enemy base hp/100 rounded down). Heavens favors is used to cast improved version of her skills, improved versions can't generate favour.

Note: only works once per enemy. Meaning if you fire a lighting Breath at a group off enemies it will generate favour but a second one won't.

1.       Heavenly path (tap )(25 energy) – Incresese Quilin moviment speed , allows her to ran trought enemies( dealing damage and a impact proc ) running on air.Aditionally, Qilin gains 75% dodge chance while moving. Last for 50 meters. 

1.1.    Heavens Gate ( 25 energy +25 favour ) – Teleports towards the closest ally (from crosshair )  ( range unlimited ). Them cast hevenly path on Quilin and her targeat ally. 

2.       Judgment (tap) (50 energy) – Summon 10 stone guards to restrain enemies (guards sprout behind enemies and on a radius around the crosshair). Guards disarms enemies and throw away their ammo (chance to drop ammo packs).

Note: guard will restrain a single enemy and will crumble if this enemy dies. 

2.1.    Heavens Sentence(hold) (50 energy +50 favor )  - First cast Judment. A pot falls from the heavens, them all guards throw the restrained enemies into the pot. Damage done to the pot is evenly distributed to all enemies inside. 

Synergy - Hiting the pot with either Lighting Breath or Heavens Wrath will set it on fire. Enemies inside take damage equal to 25% of the damage of the breath attack per second until the pot vanishes. 

2. a   Royal Retinue  –  after thr guard releases his prisoner ( either due to the enemy demise or being thrown in the pot) the guard will pick up the confiscated weapon and fight. 

Note: uses a the same weapon as the enemy and Damage scales with enemy level

3.  Lighting Breath (tap)(75 energy) – Fires lighting bolt dealing 500 damage. Bounces up to 7 times them bounces back to Quilin. Upon receiving back the energy Quilin will emit a energy regen (energy regen equal to 2* Number of enemies hit ) for 7 seconds.

Note: Cannot recast wile emiting the aura 

Note: It´s an exalted weapon , modded separetly 

3.1.    Heavnes Wrath (hold , may hold as long as you can )( 75 * t  energy + 25*t favor ) – Charges up a massive ball of holy fire dealing 750*t damage and healing 250*t hp on a 7*t meters radius.

Note: as far as modding is concerned,  counts as the same exalted weapon used for Lighting Breath 

4.       Blessing of the four guardians ( availible after spending 100 favour , after casting starting counting the favour from 0)

Summon the 4 guardians(azure dragon , vermilion bird , white tiger and black tortoise ). These beasts will spend the next 10 seconds judging who is worthy of their blessing. A player cannot be chosen by to guardians at the same time.

• First the azure dragon will chose the player that did the most damage with skills and grant them 25% power strength, 25% casting speed and 75% pure poison damage to skills (pure poison damage is a second stance off damage equaling 75% of the total damage done ). Additionally azure drake will store all poison damage dealt and release it as breath attack when the chose player cast their ultimate. Last 30 seconds.
  • Second the vermilion bird will choose the player that did the most weapon damage and grant them 50% Fire Rate, 50% reload speed and 75% pure fire damage to weapons ( arch guns, primary and secondaries ). Additionally, the vermilion bird will store all fire damage done by the player and release a fire shock wave dealing the accumulated damage when the chosen player reload. Last 30 seconds.
  • Third the white tiger will choose the player that did the most melee weapon damage and grant them 50% attack speed, 50% charge attack efficiency and 75% physical damage (evenly split IPS) to melee weapons. Additionally, the white tiger will accumulate all physical done. Upon charge attack all the stored damage will be released in a wind shock wave. Last 30 seconds. 
  • At last the black tortoise will pick the reaming player and give him increased shield gate duration, increased shield recharge rate and 75 % pure cold damage. Additionally, the black tortoise will sto2re all cold damage done and release it upon shield gate. Last 30 seconds. 

Edited by keikogi