Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migration After Every Mission with Squad

(PSN)Wolf_Lover220408

Whenever I play every now and then my game freezes, whether I’m in a mission or relay or just sitting in my orbiter, it freezes on me, my ps5 runs fine but the game would be frozen. In a mission a few times I’ve had it kick me from my squad and put me by myself, especially on steel path. I have tried redownloading the game to see if that fixes the issue and still freezes

Edited by (PSN)Wolf_Lover220408
  • Like 3

I am also experiencing this problem. Game runs fine, but every hour or so, the game freezes inexplicably. I already tried turning down all graphics settings to see if it helps, but it doesn't.

Also pretty sure it's not my PS4's problem because when I go to my home screen, it works just fine, so it's a Warframe issue.

• Like 1

I´m also suffering from this. I can interact with any type of system in this game from Missions to hubs and even the foundry and expect the game to freeze at any given time. The only constant and repeatable circumstance seems to be a person joining a public group. At least half the time the game will freeze for a considerable amount of time and kick me out after. The game is basically unplayable in this state

I too have the same issue, on my ps4, it seems to happen whenever I use an ability like zephyrs 4th or whenever someone is joining in a match, I turned down all settings and it still freezes, ps4 can still go into the menus so I know it's not the system itself. It doesn't happen EVERY match(so far) but it definitely needs to be fixed, it makes the game hard to enjoy honestly 

Myself and teammates are playing using the PS5 version of Warframe, for context.

I've returned to Warframe after a few years, thanks to suggestions from my brother, and I'm totally hooked. I'm looking forward to continuing to enjoy Warframe as a member of its active community. However,

Whenever I finish a mission with some of my friends, a few seconds after our squad returns to Orbiter, Host Migration occurs followed by me leaving the squad. Occasionally, mission countdown will get stuck and I'll be disbanded from the squad that way. I've messed with a few different network settings and nothing came of it, so I leave this post here in hopes there is a solution, or at least to make it known. This problem has gone on for as long as I've returned, so two or three weeks, and it occurs any time I play with my friends. Joining them after being removed from the session involuntarily, however, is fine. And joining missions that have been started or are starting is also fine.

It's an annoying issue at the least. But I will continue enjoying the game regardless. Hopefully it is fixed soon, for myself and/or others.

Edited by (PSN)ctharo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This has been happening to me for the past week or so as well on my PS5, ever since the last hotfix for Dagath.  We only have 1 PS4 player with us (Beaph) and doesn't matter who hosts, it always seems to occur pretty randomly.. mostly to me host migrating out of their squad and them still being together.  I changed my Ping limit from 250 to NO LIMIT, and also set my UDP Port Settings to exactly what they were running, but none of these seemed to help or solve the issue.

Here are some videos:

Only real way I found to fix the issue is join them after to mission has started.. problem is that is that we cannot run public to get an extra random because the squad could fill up before I even join back.  This is been kind of an annoying new bug that is happening WAY too often.

-Bauchie Poestis

• Like 2

The game freezes for 10-15 secs and forces me into host migration which results in me either being kicked from the mission and loading alone or returned to my orbiter as a whole. This is making the game unplayable. This tends to happen after every single mission I play. I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it and nothing seems to work. I will try to download the PS4 version of the game to see if I have the same issues. Also, I know its not connection based because all other games are running perfectly. I will edit the post to see if playing in the PS4 version of the game helps it. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issues i also tried to reinstall it, didnt work 🥺

And also on open world hubs i get a freeze everytime, and i disconnet from my group. its really annoying when you want to farm bounties and you want to stay in your group and everytime you get kicked and have to wait like 1 or 2 minutes to be able to do something. Im so tired. 😒

• Like 2

I've been having the same problem since update 34 dropped and it's gotten much, much worse with update 35 (it happens about 2 out of every 3 random matchmaking missions for me).  And it happens *every* time I zone into Sanctum Anatomica, which means getting bounced from one of the new missions means I also have to sit through 20-30 seconds of a frozen screen as a reward for the matchmaking fail.  Whee.

Playing on a PS5, usual disclaimers about a hardwired cat 5e connection to my router, real non-tin can and string internet connection, blah, blah, blah.  Never saw any problems like this before Dagath.

I have had the same problems since the first or second Dagath hot fix. I am a PS5 user. Prior to Dagath I never experienced any host migration issues. Since Dagath, if I am not the host, I get host migrated whenever someone joins a mission in progress, I freeze up EVERY time I got to Cetus, Fortuna, Necralisk and the new Sanctum. I can run one bounty at a time them freeze on returning to town and get migrated from my current group. It happens even with friends and with my son who lives in the same house and sits 10 feet from me when we play. It is becoming very frustrating. Nothing has changed with my internet or settings and I have no connection issues with any other game. What changed during the Dagath hotfixes? And to top it off this weekend (Dec 16-17) I am now starting to freeze up for 10-12 seconds just returning to my orbiter.

I’ve lost out on rewards from relics and bounties. I can barely do anything public without the migration issues occurring. I realize host migration has been an ongoing issue for some time for people, but something got worse with the Dagath hotfixes. I hope that it can be pinpointed or corrected with cross-save? It is so hard to enjoy the new content when it takes me 3 hours to complete 5 bounties.

Also, on a side note, my profile email is @fakepsn? I am definitely an active player and a real human with no marks against my psn account in the 20 years I’ve had it. Not sure why that is there.

Please, please look into this and give some feedback… anything. Tell us you can’t fix it. Tell us something about it- anything. It is getting awful.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, (PSN)lxr944s2 said:

I've been having the same problem since update 34 dropped and it's gotten much, much worse with update 35 (it happens about 2 out of every 3 random matchmaking missions for me).  And it happens *every* time I zone into Sanctum Anatomica, which means getting bounced from one of the new missions means I also have to sit through 20-30 seconds of a frozen screen as a reward for the matchmaking fail.  Whee.

Playing on a PS5, usual disclaimers about a hardwired cat 5e connection to my router, real non-tin can and string internet connection, blah, blah, blah.  Never saw any problems like this before Dagath.

Same here. Trying to start a mission with a premade squad from one of the social hubs seems to trigger it. Game freezes for a couple seconds, then I get host migrated to an entirely new instance of the hub (or go solo into the mission, if that goes through).  I wasn't very active during the Dagath update, but it sure seems MUCH worse now. Today I had a freeze mid-mission, when a squadmate was trying to load into the event mission. And then, as you can guess, I got host migrated and had totally different squadmates load in (and I was made host). Couldn't complete the event mission cause obviously we bugged and the extraction point never loaded.

From browsing the forums, it seems mainly like a PS5 issue? I downloaded the PS4 version of the game and will see tomorrow if it's a bit better. I can only hope for the best at this point, considering redownloading the game, clearing cache and rebuilding database did nothing. My setup remains the same, and I do use wired internet. It's a Warframe issue for sure. I'll try to record it next time it happens.

Ever since the Dagath update, host migrations will now cause the game to freeze for a while, before eventually kicking you from your squad. The result is it placing you in a brand new squad, separate from anyone you're actually trying to play with, or simply kicking you back to your orbiter.

Again, this has been happening since Abyss of Dagath, and I don't know if the devs have even acknowledged this problem yet

I have the same problem since abyss of dagath update. I alr tried to uninstall the game and install it new, but it didnt help. 🥺

Playing on ps5 

Edited by spelli555
  • Like 1

Been experiencing this after I moved to my PS5 from Switch.

Every single time I try to play with friends I get disbanded from squad, also saying that the host couldnt be reached. When in open world area's it seems to be going fine with joining an existing squad, but when I fully load im disbanded. Also experienced this when being in a squad but not doing any missions, after a short time I get disbanded from the squad.

It doesnt seem to be a problem with my friends tho (All PC), and havent experienced this on Switch, so it could be a PS5 issue, but im not sure.

Only way to bypass this and play with friends is joining a mission that has already been started. No disconnects during missions, but im immediadly disbanded automatically after the mission ended.

Also checked any network settings but didnt find anything wrong.

Hopefully a fix for this will come soon

• Like 1

I'm also having this issue. Usually when I'm in a relay waiting for Buffs it freezes like 10-15 seconds. Then when trying to do a mission it freezes up again on the ship animation then it kicks me out of the instance which results in a trip back to the relay, I can't join any missions when I'm doing it via the Relay maps. I'm on PS5.

• Like 4

@[DE]TaylorTaylor can you pls tell us if this is a known issue you are working on, or if there is any possibily to fix this problem by ourselves? Its so annoying to load into hubs and get a freeze everytime, also get kicked out of a premate group everytime. Also the freeze on public missions everytime other ppl who spawn after you into a mission causes a host migration and either we get kicked out of that mission, or we have to start new, because it causes mission fail. It would be nice to at least know you guys are working on it. 

• Like 1