Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

warframe keeps crashing

Usualpro

@Usualpro I'd suggest verifying files from launcher settings; you can also generate logs from there, and those will have your last session played. It should have more info about the crash reason at the bottom (since the WAR # is used for Warframe support's internal use and doesn't really mean anything otherwise).

I'd try updating your GPU drivers too if they're out of date, just to make sure it's not some issue there.

1 hour ago, TheCrow said:

People will keep telling everyone it's your PC or whatever but this is the only game that is super unstable. Everything else plays perfectly. Something is clearly not right on this game. 

In most cases it is the individual PC having some config issue; it's totally possible some combination of mods or build is causing a crash, but it would be a lot more widespread and reported internally (since each would produce a crash handler report that gets sent to DE even if it's not reported on forums). If tens of thousands of players seemingly have no issue with crashes daily while one person does, it's more likely to be that person's setup than it is the game itself IMO. The only way to figure out what's causing it is to troubleshoot a bunch of things on the system itself.

48 minutes ago, Naroxas44 said:

@Usualpro I'd suggest verifying files from launcher settings; you can also generate logs from there, and those will have your last session played. It should have more info about the crash reason at the bottom (since the WAR # is used for Warframe support's internal use and doesn't really mean anything otherwise).

I'd try updating your GPU drivers too if they're out of date, just to make sure it's not some issue there.

In most cases it is the individual PC having some config issue; it's totally possible some combination of mods or build is causing a crash, but it would be a lot more widespread and reported internally (since each would produce a crash handler report that gets sent to DE even if it's not reported on forums). If tens of thousands of players seemingly have no issue with crashes daily while one person does, it's more likely to be that person's setup than it is the game itself IMO. The only way to figure out what's causing it is to troubleshoot a bunch of things on the system itself.

This is the issue. Everyone keeps spouting the same basic troubleshooting stuff. Oh update your drivers, reinstall. That would make sense if you were having issues with the PC in general across other games. It is literally only Warframe. When I can run cyberpunk, dead space and starfield on highest settings with a 4090 with no crashes then this game should have zero issues. And it is being reported. I've seen many posts talking about increase in crashes since the newest patch. 

28 minutes ago, TheCrow said:

I've seen many posts talking about increase in crashes since the newest patch.

This naturally happens as players come back for content during newest updates - there's complaints about performance every mainline update, likely because of drivers and shader cache invalidation that causes stutters. I get them too, but they go away after like 30 - 45 mins of play, depending on the content I do. Most of the topics either get resolved (person reinstalls OS and it "magically fixes itself" or they replace the GPU and it solves the issue or something) or they're obscure enough that they warrant further troubleshooting, which the user may or may not do.

33 minutes ago, TheCrow said:

When I can run cyberpunk, dead space and starfield on highest settings with a 4090 with no crashes then this game should have zero issues.

It's entirely possible that certain games, especially ones with older engines / code present in the evolution engine, could expose issues on newer hardware or drivers for said hardware. That said, unless it's consistent / reproducible (i.e. all users with RTX 4090 have these exact same issues) it's difficult to determine if it's the game itself at fault or not, which is exactly why this sort of thing needs troubleshooting.

If there's a possibility it's anything else, like a driver issue or software conflict, that absolutely needs to be resolved or checked before assuming it's the game. Otherwise devs are chasing an issue that they seemingly cannot reproduce for weeks and it ends up being something like "oh I kept unplugging my external drive during gameplay", or something similar. There's a reason the same troubleshooting steps are used, because it's important to perform them before moving forward or making assumptions of where the issue lies.

2 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

This is the issue. Everyone keeps spouting the same basic troubleshooting stuff. Oh update your drivers, reinstall. That would make sense if you were having issues with the PC in general across other games. It is literally only Warframe. When I can run cyberpunk, dead space and starfield on highest settings with a 4090 with no crashes then this game should have zero issues. And it is being reported. I've seen many posts talking about increase in crashes since the newest patc

1 hour ago, Naroxas44 said:

This naturally happens as players come back for content during newest updates - there's complaints about performance every mainline update, likely because of drivers and shader cache invalidation that causes stutters. I get them too, but they go away after like 30 - 45 mins of play, depending on the content I do. Most of the topics either get resolved (person reinstalls OS and it "magically fixes itself" or they replace the GPU and it solves the issue or something) or they're obscure enough that they warrant further troubleshooting, which the user may or may not do.

It's entirely possible that certain games, especially ones with older engines / code present in the evolution engine, could expose issues on newer hardware or drivers for said hardware. That said, unless it's consistent / reproducible (i.e. all users with RTX 4090 have these exact same issues) it's difficult to determine if it's the game itself at fault or not, which is exactly why this sort of thing needs troubleshooting.

If there's a possibility it's anything else, like a driver issue or software conflict, that absolutely needs to be resolved or checked before assuming it's the game. Otherwise devs are chasing an issue that they seemingly cannot reproduce for weeks and it ends up being something like "oh I kept unplugging my external drive during gameplay", or something similar. There's a reason the same troubleshooting steps are used, because it's important to perform them before moving forward or making assumptions of where the issue lies.

Most of these posts also say they've done all of this already same with me. I keep drivers up to date and this is a fresh install of windows 11 and Warframe. These steps are pretty obvious and most people would have done that. As far as hardware. When you've run stress tests, have zero issues on anything else it's usually safe to say the problem lies with something specifically from the game itself. Whether it's an actual game issue, settings, or something else related.

• 2 weeks later...