Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

absurdly long loading time

Y00KiE

HELP!!!!

everytime i open the game it just loads and loads. Going through one loading screen (entering from client to the game, logging in, opening navigator/market/arsenal) takes about 10 minutes which is unbearable. Its the worst for opening navigation, when i open it the screen just goes black and i cant do anything. When i try opening task manager or alt tabbing the game it just breaks my computer and i have to restart it. The issue does not come from my internet connection, id say i have a very good internet (stable 100mb/s download) Reinstalling the game or verifying data integrity did not help. My computer specifications:
CPU: intel core i7-8700
graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
hdd drive, 16gb RAM

• Like 1

@Y00KiE This sounds very much like a disk-related issue, especially with a HDD that can have very slow loading times (or in this case it might have bad sectors it's attempting to read from repeatedly, causing hangs as it tries). I'd try to use any other disk drive, an SSD would be preferable if possible.

• Like 1

You could try to optimize the cache, the game also takes some time the 1st time it is loading content after major updates, i can imagine the process being very slow for a HDD.

My sugestion (for a nearly hassle free experience) would be to aquire a good brand SSD with a capacity that is enough for your needs, with atleast the same capacity as your hard drive, combine that with a software like Acronis (these may come bundled with the actual SSD), which will create a mirror copy of your HDD onto your SSD, you lose nothing and you gain a significant speed boost since the data being aquired isn't dependant on the location on the disk.
If you feel unconfortable doing this on your own, try asking a proper Store for them to do it for you.