Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new way to play Rhino.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I notice a lot of people (and now including me) have switched their Rhino playstyle thanks to some recent buffs and changes that happened regarding overguard and reinforced stomp.
Rhino can now be played as a damage gating Warframe, having three layer of gating. relying on enemy damage first and enemy density second, to build up his own Iron skin.

most importand gating Rhino mods are > Reinforced stomp, Iron shrapnel, and Rolling guard.

invest in 60% extra range, and at least 75% extra strength with growing power to round it up to 200%, duration and efficiency is up to your liking...personally mine has 140% duration and 160% efficiency thanks to tauforged shards.

previously you had to invest in Ironclad charge, use lots of armor and strength, plus arcanes to get a decent amount of Ironskin health...but it was always finite. 

this Rhino playstyle, doesn't need armor nor strength, at least 200% strength is enough for him, and normal amount of armor would suffice. and it scales indefinitely.

there are tricks and strategies that will allow you to get 18mil iron skin armor from enemy damage....first is malice, just let it magnetize you, shoot yourself with a strong gun and watch your iron skin go up.

Blitz eximus deals a lot of damage with its special attack and can build up your IS very quickly.

not gonna lie, my original Rhino build had 400% strength without arcanes or invigorations, just pure mods and shards, it was hard for me seeing all that roar damage and ironclad armor halved, but the build was extremely impractical, with negative strength and efficiency I was starving for energy and all I had for defense relied on the number of enemies in the vicinity to charge towards.

• Like 1

My Rhino has Piercing Roar, Reinforced Stomp, Blind Rage, Boreal's Hatred, Adaptation, P.Continuity, P.Flow & Reach + Steel Charge, Molt Aug & Avenger.
Added Nourish over Rhino Charge since it synergizes with all of his kit at perfection. No forma, no brain, just fun.

• +150% viral damage for me and the bois.
  • x3 energy multiplier for me and the bois.

• Ccing enemies that hit your Iron Skin.
  • Another CC with Piercing Roar.
  • Can stop Eximus through overguard.

• +45% crit for free.
  • Another +25% free crit from Piercing Roar's puncture procs that also have extended duration with your modded one.

• +3 seconds of invulnerability in worst case scenario (overguard and shields break).
  • Can instantly replenish millions worth of Overguard.

• +130% final damage multiplier that doubles on ticks for me and the bois.

Rhino is 10 years old and still a 10/10 frame.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

My Rhino has Piercing Roar, Reinforced Stomp, Blind Rage, Boreal's Hatred, Adaptation, P.Continuity, P.Flow & Reach + Steel Charge, Molt Aug & Avenger.
Added Nourish over Rhino Charge since it synergizes with all of his kit at perfection. No forma, no brain, just fun.

• +150% viral damage for me and the bois.
  • x3 energy multiplier for me and the bois.

• Ccing enemies that hit your Iron Skin.
  • Another CC with Piercing Roar.
  • Can stop Eximus through overguard.

• +45% crit for free.
  • Another +25% free crit from Piercing Roar's puncture procs that also have extended duration with your modded one.

• +3 seconds of invulnerability in worst case scenario (overguard and shields break).
  • Can instantly replenish millions worth of Overguard.

• +130% final damage multiplier that doubles on ticks for me and the bois.

Rhino is 10 years old and still a 10/10 frame.

Indeed, I just went on Voruna's steel path survival mission that starts enemies at 180 and my this playstyle just keep getting more and more engaging...and my Iron skin kept getting higher and higher...it's so fun.

I just wonder if we can get a reason to keep Rhino charge...it's one thing to replace a power for another more convenient to your playstyle...and another to replace it because it serves no purpose and quite useless without augments/buffs etc.

I keep thinking if Rhino charge would strip armor at base value, similar to shattering impact...like enemies hit loose 50 armor per charge stacks with Rhino charge combo.
it would cater to the raw power of Rhino while being a decent armor strip.

he doesn't need it, and there are other better armor strips in the Helminth, but it would make him a complete frame without that system (that quite possibly ruins the identity of some frames to me, Like imagine putting roar or terrify on Yareli..)

Edited by (PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I'm running a Reinforced Stomp+Piercing Roar build with around 200% strength for +100% Roar buff. Either in a build with Breach Surge or Nourish. After the initial cast of Iron Skin, Stomp is enough to keep it up as needed, and Piercing Roar is a quick and easy debuff that bring max stacks of puncture for lowered enemy damage output, meaning Iron Skin takes less damage since the damage reduction is placed on the mobs and not on Rhino. And more crit for me!

The Breach Surge build is so very abusive in SP Cirtcuit and SP Duviri Bonus gates. Stomps and Surge totally #*!%s up eximus and you are immune to all statuses with Iron Skin. For other content I tend to run Nourish since I love the free viral, extra energy and passive crate opening. Maxed efficiency so I can stomp and roar all day long.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I bet you are also aware of the damage increase and the critical chance increase you get from enemies affected by puncture? nice right? it's sadly capped at 5 stacks...needing two casts.

One cast is enough. Puncture caps at 5 stacks since the update that added the 25% critical hit bonus. That's why Roar applies 5 instead of the old 10 now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I notice a lot of people (and now including me) have switched their Rhino playstyle thanks to some recent buffs and changes that happened regarding overguard and reinforced stomp.
Rhino can now be played as a damage gating Warframe, having three layer of gating. relying on enemy damage first and enemy density second, to build up his own Iron skin.

most importand gating Rhino mods are > Reinforced stomp, Iron shrapnel, and Rolling guard.

invest in 60% extra range, and at least 75% extra strength with growing power to round it up to 200%, duration and efficiency is up to your liking...personally mine has 140% duration and 160% efficiency thanks to tauforged shards.

previously you had to invest in Ironclad charge, use lots of armor and strength, plus arcanes to get a decent amount of Ironskin health...but it was always finite. 

this Rhino playstyle, doesn't need armor nor strength, at least 200% strength is enough for him, and normal amount of armor would suffice. and it scales indefinitely.

there are tricks and strategies that will allow you to get 18mil iron skin armor from enemy damage....first is malice, just let it magnetize you, shoot yourself with a strong gun and watch your iron skin go up.

Blitz eximus deals a lot of damage with its special attack and can build up your IS very quickly.

not gonna lie, my original Rhino build had 400% strength without arcanes or invigorations, just pure mods and shards, it was hard for me seeing all that roar damage and ironclad armor halved, but the build was extremely impractical, with negative strength and efficiency I was starving for energy and all I had for defense relied on the number of enemies in the vicinity to charge towards.

While I always understood some players enjoyed the comfort of being able to get big numbers for Iron Skin via armour stacking strats and higher ability strength stats, the method of doing it never really appealed to me. I also used to do level cap runs and quite frankly the even the multi-million numbers one could get via Iron Skin builds, herding enemies etc simply melted later into runs, so I don't build my Rhino for armour at all via arcanes, mods, augments etc.

Instead I looked for duration and strength for Roar, efficiency and Flow for energy economy, some range if I'm looking for greater AoE cc and then whatever I felt like trying. It is a more active style, but I liked the extra freedom in build and playstyle, since I'm not looking to herd enemies and so on. It has certainly been made easier with the changes to shield gating and Overguard and I'd recommend others try it out. Timing is important when it comes to Iron Skin activation, as well as use of Rhino Stomp (or other forms of cc), but with a bit of practice, some may come to enjoy a build like this more than the Iron Skin builds 🙂

• Like 1