The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction mods!

TomanPRlME

On 2023-11-25 at 6:44 PM, Illegal_Squirell said:

We are talking about faction mods, aren't we? I'm just saying, having separate bane mods for each factions serve no purpose except for being annoying to swap out, unless I'm missing something.

image.png
The whole purpose of all mods is to make you grind for credits and endo.
All the mods I listed already increase damage against all factions, bane mods work in the context that they give you better damage due to the formula they use, in exchange for being specialized against one faction. So if you want a pure damage mod that works on all factions, those already exist.
But, if the actual argument is the min-maxing of damage, then you are better arguing for the base damage mods to use the same formula as bane mods (they can be used together so bane mods would still increase damage), instead of "New mod that is serration, but better"

13 minutes ago, Alguien said:

But, if the actual argument is the min-maxing of damage.

Nope, my argument is faction-specific mods serve no purpose except for being annoying to swap out. Sure, we can ask them to buff other base damage mods, but it doesn't solve the issue with bane mods, does it? It'll be there taunting you to use it, and once you're trapped in its grasp, you're stuck in a cycle of going to your arsenal after every mission… but if that's the kind of gameplay you're looking for, there's no point in arguing, is there?

kwajplc1amv91.png

9 hours ago, Illegal_Squirell said:

It'll be there taunting you to use it, and once you're trapped in its grasp, you're stuck in a cycle of going to your arsenal after every mission… but if that's the kind of gameplay you're looking for, there's no point in arguing, is there?

So the real issue is that you lack self control, got it.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I am surprised to see no one in this thread mentions load outs. Did none of the load outs exist a year ago? Even your weapon can have A B and C load outs which can use different mods AND you can change your load out from the star chart in the time it takes to start a mission (10 sec). Is this not common practice for most people? Kinda makes most of the arguments seem meaningless. I’m a new player so maybe the load outs are new and I just didn’t know that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnderusBlue said:

I am surprised to see no one in this thread mentions load outs. Did none of the load outs exist a year ago? Even your weapon can have A B and C load outs which can use different mods AND you can change your load out from the star chart in the time it takes to start a mission (10 sec). Is this not common practice for most people? Kinda makes most of the arguments seem meaningless. I’m a new player so maybe the load outs are new and I just didn’t know that.

The game is time gated and it's annoying. I've never created separate builds for factions and can go an hour in SP so why bother? It's more than ten seconds with all the pointless animations in the game and at some point you just want to play instead of navigating a tiresome menu system that is poorly designed. 

On 2023-11-25 at 2:46 AM, TomanPRlME said:

Can D.E remove faction mods? We have many factions in game now, i feel uncomforable when i must fix my weapons when i change game modes. I know it only take a little time but thats make me feel no fun.
Sorry i am not good at speaking English. How do u think about my opinion?

I can never understand why people want to get rid of options the game offers. Even worse, the main purpose you want to remove them is due to pure laziness. 

Just build a config for each faction and then swap in the nav menu. DE added this requested feature specifically for this QoL.

• Like 2

So you want everyone to do less dmg because you dont want to bother switching a build? You can just not use them, will be the same as them not existing. Why should everyone be punished? I hope you are not as delusional to think that DE would buff every weapon in game. 

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

The game is time gated and it's annoying. I've never created separate builds for factions and can go an hour in SP so why bother? It's more than ten seconds with all the pointless animations in the game and at some point you just want to play instead of navigating a tiresome menu system that is poorly designed. 

10 seconds....is an inconvenience...

Folks, this is our world now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EnderusBlue said:

No, you are correct. Loadouts have been in game for nearly a decade. We're just dealing with lazy gamers or, hopefully, players that are just trying to throw out ideas for the sake of. Either way, DE gave us options for a reason.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EnderusBlue said:

AND you can change your load out from the star chart in the time it takes to start a mission (10 sec).

This is a new feature added fairly recently. Before you had to go to your loadout.

I don't think they shouldn't exist, but I completely understand why people don't go for them.

You're looking at 22 primed mods worth of endo (once murmur primed varient is released.) Vs around 5-10 none-prime mod endo cost that would be the second best option. You also really, really won't notice a big dps difference on the vast majority of weapons at the vast majority of levels. There's a couple weapons where they have restrictions on what can boost them and faction damage almost always does. On those I have to use them basically. But outside of those I'm only using them in endurance runs.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

If you can already do SP without the mods, you didn't need them anyways, and therefore you can just stick to a factionless build and evade the "issue" entirely

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Pakaku said:

If you can already do SP without the mods, you didn't need them anyways, and therefore you can just stick to a factionless build and evade the "issue" entirely

That's what I was saying. It's not just the 10s for this menu it's all the menus, animations, traveling from teshin to iron wake to yonta to acrithis....

The annoyances build up to the point one doesn't bother. I don't see what's so controversial about my comment.