The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

The rifle Zenith has an additional shot animation while releasing the disc

Zeussys

Whenever I release the disc, there is also an animation of a projectile (a typical hit-scan-projectile-animation): A line that travels from the barrel to the center of the reticle (marked with red in the picture below).
And this is only an animation, because it doesn't make damage.
https://i.imgur.com/qv9Mm87.mp4 

EQbodKV.jpg

Edited by Zeussys
Added picture and better explanation

Are you referring to the disk's projectile?  That does cause damage on a direct hit, although it's puny.   If you're talking about those vertical lines that it leaves in its path, I think that's just animation fluff, maybe with a side-purpose of making the disc's landing point easier to see.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Tiltskillet:

Are you referring to the disk's projectile?  That does cause damage on a direct hit, although it's puny.   If you're talking about those vertical lines that it leaves in its path, I think that's just animation fluff, maybe with a side-purpose of making the disc's landing point easier to see.

I mean the line, that travels to the center of the reticle (see picture I added in the OP).

Edited by Zeussys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeussys said:

I mean the line, that travels to the center of the reticle (see picture I added in the OP).

Ah, I didn't notice that.  It looks like that's the same tracer that's used by the trigger modes.   Normally these are visual cues to make it easier to see projectile paths, adjust aim, and make weapons feel more "shooty".  You're right, it is a bug in this case.  It's faster than the disk, so not at all helpful.  And even if it was slowed down so it did trail the disk, it's probably not needed.