The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Myxostomata - Mystery Fish

CrownOfShadows

This is a plea to either:

1. Tell players how to acquire myxostomata IN DETAIL
  2. OR make myxostomata less rare

Getting a necramech is one of the biggest progression blockers for players - I think we're all pretty well aware of this. There are 5 reasons why:

1. The blueprints themselves
  2. Necrathene
  3. Xenorhast
  4. Arioli & Zarim mutagens (+ standing)
  5. Cranial Foremount (aka Myxostomata)

Getting the blueprints is the biggest initial blocker for sure. Fortunately, these can be purchased, but even acquiring them the hard way isn't too bad as you are also accomplishing several other things at the same time. After that, it's time for farmageddon. Necrathene and xenorhast are hard to get, but with diligence and a LOT of patience, a player just zapping every rock under the kingdom will eventually acquire them. The mutagens are difficult mostly because they require a wide variety of standing increases and general engagement with the entrati family, as well as some dedicated fishing runs.

......BUT the myxostomata.... well, how does a player acquire these? Let's examine:

1. There is NO instruction to the player on how to acquire these myxostomata, that this is even a fish, or even what planet it might be from (keep in mind building a necramech requires resources from several different planets - how are they to know this isn't a Fortuna resource?).
  2. IF the player scans Daughter's offerings intensely enough, or searches the wiki, or gets in-game help, they will discover it to be a Deimos fish. However this fish must be lured. While it is made clear to the player that processed vome residue is necessary to attract the fish, there is NO indication ANYWHERE that this must be done during a particular cycle of Deimos, or what exactly that cycle might be.
  3. Further, there is NO indication ANYWHERE that this fish only occurs in cave systems - ONE cave system. In fact, the information is so bad that I cannot even confirm that this definitively is true. But from my own experience and from everything I've read, it seems to be.
  4. Sidenote: I have seen people say that the Ebisu spear is mandatory to catch this fish. Again, due to the extreme lack of information, I cannot clarify whether this is true or not, but if it is, this is yet another layer of extremely critical information that should 100% be presented to the user.
  5. Lastly, even if all of the above circumstances are met, the fish itself is INCREDIBLY rare, compounding all of the above problems exponentially.

To streamline necramech acquisition, this myxostomata problem MUST be addressed.

• Like 1

I would love a Codex pass-over. The game doesn’t have to hold player’s hands and force them to learn if they don’t want to, but if someone’s searching for information in-universe, the Codex should be the place to go.

It’s got… some information. It’d be nice to see it cleaned up, updated, and made easier to access and understand (personally I’d love a “Right-click on foundry ingredient to learn more about it” or something option, even just for reference because I’ll forget at times), because otherwise jumping into the Wiki or community can be just a huge information dump instead of streamlined way of learning

edit: I’m fine with vague descriptions that can point someone in the right direction even if it’s not hitting the player over the head, that’s how low my bar is

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 2

If you need cranial foremounts, or any other deimos resources other than the absolute rarest of the gems this is how you get them in large numbers without having to deal with actually mining or fishing:

Go into a vault, finish the guardians just to get it out of the way, then find a pylon within the vault that has either Fass, Jahu, Khra, Ris or Vome as the symbol.  If you don't have those memorized, check the wiki on the cambion drift page.  It will tell you which symbol is which, along with telling you the exact requirements for each pylon.  The pylons I named are the ones that actually work, as the others are laughably unreliable.

If your operator is strong, kill enemies at the activated pylons with Op.  If your Op sucks, bring Umbra, let him loose and have him handle it.  His kills while you're in Op count.  Mech kills also count, but this is a post about you not having a mech, so that's null unless you can get someone to do it for you.  

Sit at the pylon and keep activating it while killing enemies.  The pylons, when you kill things around them correctly after activation, will drop mining and fishing resources, other than the rarest ones.  This includes Cranial Foremounts.