Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duviri randomness sucks if you're disabled

Drasiel

Right, lets skip the comments of "if you're disabled maybe you should just do something else" I am well aware this is a possibility kindly keep it to yourself and if you can't, please place it in a location where neither sun, nor rain, nor wind shall touch it. 

You know what causes me physical pain for hours? Semi auto weapons. You know where I don't control my usage of that? Duviri.

You know what allows me to play warframe at a high level? Tanking frames that don't rely on reaction and muscle speed. You where I also can't control that? Duviri.

Recently I logged on after a break and discovered that you can no longer re-roll your duviri loadouts by entering and exiting teshin's cave. This sucks massively, before I had to sit through multiple loading screens just to get frames I could play with and weapons that didn't cause me pain. Now because you have to reach a check point  you've not only extended the time between rolling equipment but doubled the loading screens. This is completely miserable, I want to play duviri because the environment is cool and I even otherwise like the randomness but if I don't have gear I can physically use it's a miserable, painful, experience that only leads to failure or hard carries which isn't fair to foist on other unknowing players. 

Look can we get something as part of the intrinsics that either does something like limit the pool it draws from to a preset list that doesn't include everything (even if the developer picks them it should still be better) or allow you to filter stuff by trigger type or warframe tag?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

Look can we get something as part of the intrinsics that either does something like limit the pool it draws from to a preset list that doesn't include everything (even if the developer picks them it should still be better) or allow you to filter stuff by trigger type or warframe tag?

So exclude/include list. Sure, good suggestion.

Duviri sucks in general: 5/6 games I am unable to finish the actual mission because of some bug that prevents me from progressing into/out of undercroft. Additionally i am unable to upload the recordings to the support page, because "the upload took too long, connection lost" bs so i cant even redeem the lost rewards that way.

SOLUTION: DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME --> FIND ANOTHER GAME (🤑this thread is now closed🤑)

Edited by RaidenSoul9119

7 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Right, lets skip the comments of "if you're disabled maybe you should just do something else" I am well aware this is a possibility kindly keep it to yourself and if you can't, please place it in a location where neither sun, nor rain, nor wind shall touch it. 

You know what causes me physical pain for hours? Semi auto weapons. You know where I don't control my usage of that? Duviri.

You know what allows me to play warframe at a high level? Tanking frames that don't rely on reaction and muscle speed. You where I also can't control that? Duviri.

Recently I logged on after a break and discovered that you can no longer re-roll your duviri loadouts by entering and exiting teshin's cave. This sucks massively, before I had to sit through multiple loading screens just to get frames I could play with and weapons that didn't cause me pain. Now because you have to reach a check point  you've not only extended the time between rolling equipment but doubled the loading screens. This is completely miserable, I want to play duviri because the environment is cool and I even otherwise like the randomness but if I don't have gear I can physically use it's a miserable, painful, experience that only leads to failure or hard carries which isn't fair to foist on other unknowing players. 

Is it the sensation that gives you pain? 
If so is there settings to bring the feelings down depending on your platform could the controller be looked at and settings changed? I’d imagine you’ve probably looked into this just trying to through troubleshooting out there to maybe give you more comfort.

11 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Is it the sensation that gives you pain? 
If so is there settings to bring the feelings down depending on your platform could the controller be looked at and settings changed? I’d imagine you’ve probably looked into this just trying to through troubleshooting out there to maybe give you more comfort.

it's the physical amount of clicking. I have nervous system disorders that make repetitive muscle motions painful beyond a certain threshold as well as one that temporarily degenerate the functionality of the muscles used until they are left idle to recover.  Most everyday stuff can be managed to avoid the issue but semi auto weapons that can require hundreds of clicks in mission (and more in steel path) are a big problem. When your reaction time degenerates due to your muscle reaction speed slowing there isn't much you can do compensate except make it so you don't need to react as quickly, hence tanky frames in my case.  Unfortunately those issues can occur independently of each other too.

While I don't use a controller since I'm on PC I do use a mouse and keyboard to mitigate the issues. The mouse is very sensitive for it's clicks and is used with a high dpi to minimise motions. My gaming keypad which helps reduce wrist strain and button reaching while using optical switches to mimic analogue switches with the sensitivity of a digital input. There is the possibility of creating macros which I've done in the past but I feel it's very important to not look at macros as a solution to the entire issue.

Macros might solve my specific problem but there are a lot of people that won't or can't use them and native in game solutions are always better than a user end workaround to an accessibility issues. Other folks with arthritis, repetitive strain injuries, aging muscles, other nervous system disorders, and probably a dozen things that don't spring right to mind right now are impacted by repetitive motion issues. 

• Like 1