Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Merging Multiple Accounts (PC + PS5 + Xbox)

I have a PC, PS5, and Xbox account for Warframe. I see that when I am on the merging page that we need to log into the PC account and then the other account shows up next to it on the merge selection for the selection of which should be the main account. Right now I have my PC and my PS5 account next to each other. I plan on keeping my PS5 as the primary since I have way more progress on that account than the PC and Xbox accounts. I have tried to also be signed into the Xbox account but that replaces the PS5 account on the selection window for merging (PC & PS5 >>> PC & Xbox).

What will happen after the merge in terms of my Xbox account? Will I get to merge again between the Xbox and PS5? Xbox and PC? I want to merge all three inventories together since all of them have different stuff from all my playtime. I see in some of the update posts that we should be able to merge all of our accounts, right? I want to make sure This is possible before I merge the PC and the PS5.

tl;dr: Anyone have experience with merging three platforms?

• Like 1

I am having the same issue. I am trying to merge psn,pc and switch. They said we should be able to merge all together. It only lets you merge one and a pc account. If you complete this merge currently it looks like you cannot make another without another pc account. It should have allowed all 3 or 4 logins together, pick a primary and merge the others. It is not currently what was promised.

I just merged my Switch account and my old XBox account with a fresh PC account, and it went well. I did my Switch account first (Logged into PC, added Switch), and made that the primary account. Then after this was succesfull, i merged my XBox account as well, and it showed me my Switch Account as primary (and it said this was no longer changeable, from which i assume the first merge is the most important as it decides the primary account).

3 minutes ago, DominikNickPrime said:

I just merged my Switch account and my old XBox account with a fresh PC account, and it went well. I did my Switch account first (Logged into PC, added Switch), and made that the primary account. Then after this was succesfull, i merged my XBox account as well, and it showed me my Switch Account as primary (and it said this was no longer changeable, from which i assume the first merge is the most important as it decides the primary account).

So for example, I can merge my Xbox to my PC account and then it will let me merge again?

I could then merge my PC to my PS5 account?

How did you merge this? You set the primary and THEN it allows the merging of the other platforms?

9 minutes ago, SirGrizzlyKnight said:

I just merged my PC, PS, and Xbox accts but messed up somehow. I did PC and Xbox first but when I did the merge for PS, no progress transferred. So I just lost ALOT of progress. My PS account was my main account so dang this sucks.

You should have started with PC and PSN first then did the xbox merge.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PSN)Aman9909:

So for example, I can merge my Xbox to my PC account and then it will let me merge again?

That is what i did. First i had to create a new PC account, because i did not have one. Then i merged my Switch account to this account. AFTER that was successfull, i went into account settings again, and merged my Xbox account to this account, which was already merged with my switch account at that point. I already checked on my Switch, and it worked perfectly. I have all my current progress, and it added all my old Stuff on top.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)ravephoejijo said:

How did you merge this? You set the primary and THEN it allows the merging of the other platforms?

You should have started with PC and PSN first then did the xbox merge.

Yeah, I know that now but it's a bit too late for that. I thought it would take whichever had more progress but it didn't.

Its important to understand the difference between merging and linking accounts. and to use the correct term for what you have accomplished 

A merge is different from link in that if you have items in one account and merge the 2 inventories are added together so if you had a burston rifle one both accounts you now have 2 burston rifles 

when linking accounts you are setting it up so that when you log in to a linked account it will look at and use the primary accounts inventory and progression. you are essentially deleting the linked account and replacing it with the primary account all that really stays is the gamer tag and log in information. 

it was my understanding that you could only merge accounts 1 time meaning 2 accounts merge and the others have to be linked

37 minutes ago, SirGrizzlyKnight said:

Yeah, I know that now but it's a bit too late for that. I thought it would take whichever had more progress but it didn't.

I believe I have also done similar to you. I thought I could merge my my Xbox to my PC and then my PC to my PS5 but that is not true. Once an account is designated as the primary, it cannot be merged into ANY other platform. I will have to reach out to support and hope they can help correct this.

I confirm though that the inventories from my Xbox and PC accounts have merged and I have everything from both inventories!

So for future reference if you want to merge multiple platforms: choose the main account first!

Ex: You want the PS5 account to be the main account and you have an Xbox and PC account

1: Merge PC to PS5 (The PS5 account will be the main account)

2: Merge Xbox to PS5 (The PS5 account will still be the main account)

(It won't let you choose the Xbox account anyway because you have already chosen the PS5 account to be the main)

Edited by (PSN)Aman9909

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Aman9909 said:

I believe I have also done similar to you. I thought I could merge my my Xbox to my PC and then my PC to my PS5 but that is not true. Once an account is designated as the primary, it cannot be merged into ANY other platform. I will have to reach out to support and hope they can help correct this.

I confirm though that the inventories from my Xbox and PC accounts have merged and I have everything from both inventories!

So for future reference if you want to merge multiple platforms: choose the main account first!

Ex: You want the PS5 account to be the main account and you have an Xbox and PC account

1: Merge PC to PS5 (The PS5 account will be the main account)

2: Merge Xbox to PS5 (The PS5 account will still be the main account)

(It won't let you choose the Xbox account anyway because you have already chosen the PS5 account to be the main)

Where do you submit a ticket?

44 minutes ago, DominikNickPrime said:

a fresh PC account ? you sure about that ? 

cuz i made one yesterday and it messed up the xbox account for me 

i can't merge now because my pc account is new and past the cutoff date .. 

i think you linked 

I find it just a tad bit silly that this note is added to the webpage after you merge:

NOTE: You have already selected your Primary Account and cannot select it again. Please contact support at support.warframe.com for assistance if you believe you have selected the incorrect Primary Account.

So if you have made this mistake, this is where you should go. I made a ticket and they have a category for "Cross Platform Save & Merge Issues".

• Like 1

Just now, (PSN)Aman9909 said:

I find it just a tad bit silly that this note is added to the webpage after you merge:

NOTE: You have already selected your Primary Account and cannot select it again. Please contact support at support.warframe.com for assistance if you believe you have selected the incorrect Primary Account.

So if you have made this mistake, this is where you should go. I made a ticket and they have a category for "Cross Platform Save & Merge Issues".

Thanks, I just submitted a ticket. Hopefully, this all gets fixed.

1 hour ago, SirGrizzlyKnight said:

I just merged my PC, PS, and Xbox accts but messed up somehow. I did PC and Xbox first but when I did the merge for PS, no progress transferred. So I just lost ALOT of progress. My PS account was my main account so dang this sucks.

i did the samething except i caught it before i merged my ps5 account still got my progress but if i try to merge the other in it will overwrite it.

You have to merge one account and make it your primary accounts then merge the others one at a time. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Aman9909 said:

I have a PC, PS5, and Xbox account for Warframe. I see that when I am on the merging page that we need to log into the PC account and then the other account shows up next to it on the merge selection for the selection of which should be the main account. Right now I have my PC and my PS5 account next to each other. I plan on keeping my PS5 as the primary since I have way more progress on that account than the PC and Xbox accounts. I have tried to also be signed into the Xbox account but that replaces the PS5 account on the selection window for merging (PC & PS5 >>> PC & Xbox).

What will happen after the merge in terms of my Xbox account? Will I get to merge again between the Xbox and PS5? Xbox and PC? I want to merge all three inventories together since all of them have different stuff from all my playtime. I see in some of the update posts that we should be able to merge all of our accounts, right? I want to make sure This is possible before I merge the PC and the PS5.

tl;dr: Anyone have experience with merging three platforms?

I don't have experience but you should be able to merge all of them. Just merge your psn account to the PC account and make the PSN your primary account then you should be able to merge the rest of your accounts one at a time to your psn account on PC. Once the PSN is your primary account then it will replace the PC account. 

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Soa_Reapers08 said:

I don't have experience but you should be able to merge all of them. Just merge your psn account to the PC account and make the PSN your primary account then you should be able to merge the rest of your accounts one at a time to your psn account on PC. Once the PSN is your primary account then it will replace the PC account. 

You can, but you have to make sure you choose the right account as the primary or you'll be in the same situation as me and few others. I did not choose the PS5 account as the primary because I did not realize the one designated as the primary first was unchangeable. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Aman9909 said:

You can, but you have to make sure you choose the right account as the primary or you'll be in the same situation as me and few others. I did not choose the PS5 account as the primary because I did not realize the one designated as the primary first was unchangeable. 

Same here, only I made my PS account primary instead of my Xbox, now I can't merge my main account to others without losing progress.

If you merge individually, why doesn't it let you chose which account to be primary with each merge? Otherwise why not merge all at once? Seems an oversight.

Has anyone from DE commented at all?

I Have just merged my pc and psn account together and then it asks you if they're are any others, which i do have (xbox) then I clicked merge and it said pc and xbox, reason it says pc and not psn is because pc because the primary platform, notice i say platform not account, ive just merged all 3 accounts now, i will check back with you all soon to ee if i do indeed have all my stuff from pc, Xbox and playstation, also note i chose my playstation to be my primary.

Update: ive kept all progress for my psn account and got all my inventory from all 3 accounts combined, i am very happy and pleased this has worked out fine.

Edited by (PSN)Archer_Expert
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, (PSN)Archer_Expert said:

I Have just merged my pc and psn account together and then it asks you if they're are any others, which i do have (xbox) then I clicked merge and it said pc and xbox, reason it says pc and not psn is because pc because the primary platform, notice i say platform not account, ive just merged all 3 accounts now, i will check back with you all soon to ee if i do indeed have all my stuff from pc, Xbox and playstation, also note i chose my playstation to be my primary.

Update: ive kept all progress for my psn account and got all my inventory from all 3 accounts combined, i am very happy and pleased this has worked out fine.

I'm gunna give it a try! Thank you for the explanation no one else on here is as helpful

• Like 1