The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is my Primary Account alias not used after merging my PS4 and PC accounts?

Chez

"The Alias and Quest progress on your Primary Account will be the same as it was before the Merge.", this is what was stated by [DE]Coreyonline on the information and status topic about cross save, and when I merged both my accounts I selected my PS4 account to be my primary account. After the merge my alias and email was the same as my PC account, the exact thing I did not want; will there be any way to change my alias without having to pay the 200 plat requirement for this? Overall the merge worked great, but I do not understand why my account is not using the primary account alias.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

"The Alias and Quest progress on your Primary Account will be the same as it was before the Merge.", this is what was stated by [DE]Coreyonline on the information and status topic about cross save, and when I merged both my accounts I selected my PS4 account to be my primary account. After the merge my alias and email was the same as my PC account, the exact thing I did not want; will there be any way to change my alias without having to pay the 200 plat requirement for this? Overall the merge worked great, but I do not understand why my account is not using the primary account alias.

Those are not tied to the game itself, they are tied to the platform.

Yeah, can't say i'm happy that:

• Suddenly I can no longer log on the WF website or forums with my PS account.
  • My forum username is now stuck to being my PC account.
  • All my posts and past reputation is gone.
  • I'm stuck with the default glyph and "Just joined" text instad of an account which dated from 2014.
  • Had to create a bogus email just for Warframe since it refused to use my Playstation Email Account to create my new PC account because it was "Already in use by myself "... Well that's precisely the point... So now I have an empty email as my main Warframe Email... Hopefully I can safely change back the main to my main mail at the very least..
  • My old account and all of it's post is still visible, so none of that stuff is deleted (https://forums.warframe.com/profile/586462-ps4stealth-cobra/)
  • Had to pick a different name because somehow you can't have _ on PC and most lf all , it's apparently offensive to have StealthCobra because it has thC in it... Rip.
  • Can't trade with most people in-game since you need to opt in to be able to trade with one another.
  • Wasn't even able to link my PC account since I did the Switch port a few years back and that forever disqualifies you from any future cross merge , apparently....

Been a rough day, but at least I didn't brick any account besides my forum history.

Edited by StealthyCobra
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Those are not tied to the game itself, they are tied to the platform.

Ah I understand, I wish they they had written that explicitly since I have seen many people with the same uncertainty, but them's the breaks. Thanks for clearing up my confusion!

\(̨̡´꒳`)̧̢/

• Like 1