The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment mod timers should be shown on ability bar

Lukkiete

I'm talking about mods like Venom Dose, Shock Trooper, etc. 

Was testing out this Saryn build with Venom Dose (VD) and subsumed Smite for Smite Infusion (SI) augment and here's what I think felt clunky about it. 

1) Both VS and SI have different duration than Toxic Lash (TL). 
At base, they only have 40 and 45 duration respectively, which is okay, but when actively building duration, this gap scales, which makes things harder a little bit. With my build at 254% duration, VD/TL have a duration of 101/114 seconds respectively, meaning I have to preemptively activate my augments, while TL will have some duration left to it. 

2) Augments do not have timers on the ability bar! (finally, the point of this post!)
This is how the ability bar will look while in battle: 

6IGBca5.png

You can see that LD has 40 seconds left on it. What you CAN'T see is that VS and SI are also activated. And in this scenario, yes, they actually are. 
What's worse, you can't make an educated guess based just from this image, because, again, the duration itself on both VD and SI is different from TL. Basically, you know that it's lower but not how much. 

Your first point would probably be, "Well that's just skill issue, look at your buff bar above".
I'd like to, but not when it constantly looks like this:

dtMWgZT.png

By looking at it like this, in a forum post, it's easy enough to identify every buff individually, but in a heat of battle, on Steel Path no less, you can't really afford to look away from enemies if you are not tanky enough to not care. I think it would REALLY help out to just have those timers on the actual ability bar, while you have the augment mod equipped.

• Like 2

Additionally to moving the ability buffs from the usual "buff" bar to the ability icon (as you suggested), I think it would be nice to have ability to set certain buffs as favorite and have them moved to a different bar.
There is plenty of situations when you have multiple buff stacked (being from you or your teammates) and you only care about a few ones your build heaviliy relies on.

It might not be ideal and could be tedious to setup, but it would definitely be a huge QoL change to many builds.