Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Warframe Creator (aesthetic only)

xXTruWarriorXx

We should be able to completely customize the look of our warframe. Hey DE, been meaning to post this idea for several years now and am just getting around to doing it. We should be able to completely customize the look of our warframe like a create a character. Think size, height, gender, helmet, arms, legs, waist, feet, along with the current customizations we currently have. Then we would choose a warframe power set to base them off of like Frost, Frost Prime(for base stats), loki, ivara, etc. and we would still be able to subsume abilities as normal. I mention this because I have a lot of friends that want to jump into the game with me and others who stopped playing because but they don't like the aesthetic of the game/warframes and I think this would help with that. Now I know what you're thinking, this would prevent the sales of new warframe packs for platinum/money. But it wouldn't because you would still sell the same packs or maybe a modified version of them and the packs would still have the same new warframes in them but they would also include that warframes look (helmet, chest, legs, arms, stats, abilities) now added to the users selection of things they can choose in their create a warframe screen. So like once purchased they could now add that new warframes abilities or their look to their selections now and the same with any skins that are added for that frame. As well as we will still need their weapon and warframe for mastery xp. This could also be opened up to the community to make more skins/create a character choices for our custom warframes. And when playing with friends in missions you would still have the base warframes template listed in the multiplayer list so teammates know which warframe has joined their squad since they will not be able to tell by looks any more. I think adding this will even further increase the longevity of the game and add a ton of new players. Hopefully this makes sense and I'd totally love to answer any question or concerns with this. I'm a software engineer(not sure how that helps lol) but I tried to think of something that would not be too hard to implement but also add a ton for players and be fun for existing players and not disrupt the current income system.

TLDR

Create a Warframe (Cosmetic Only)

- Select a Base warframe template for powers and stats (Frost, Frost Prime, Loki, Excalibur) maybe do some mission or new resource to assist with initial polarity setups/ or base aura mod polarity

- User then is able to choose between all of the current warframe parts they own as a look( helmet, arms, legs, waist, chest, feet) as well as some basic new looks thrown in by the artists/devs. Perhaps even have cosmetic packs we could buy for new customizations

- still allow users to helminth as we do now.

- new prime access packs/new warframe packs still works as they do now but would also include the new warframes template for a base for customizations and stats

- allow community customizations to get artist involvement, like a small version of the unity assest store were the artist gets exposure and proceeds are split between DE and the artist. Maybe this is down the line.

Thanks for reading this DE and I hope this makes sense and sparks a real path forward to bring this into the game. Feel free to message me in-game about this if you all have questions. 

One last thing, special thanks to the entire team for making cross save my biggest Christmas gift this year!! Been trying to get off playstation for quite some time and I am so glad to now be able to play on my PC. Much love DE!!

One last last thing. If I didn't post this in the correct place please let me know and also more kitgun skins please.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I love this idea, I think a better approach would be a "drifter warframe" type deal. 

Using your drifter as a base you can pick and chose 4 powers from the warframes you've mastered (and maybe forma'd at least once for balancing) to create a "custom warframe" so to speak that can be used on missions instead of a normal warframe. 

But for the sake of balancing maybe make it so for any given power slot, aka slot 1 you can only chose from the slot 1 powers on the frames you have. Only exception being the abilities that would go into helminth perhaps being available for every slot. 

Then make the difter have a unique passive that references duviri in some way to tie it all together. Not sure what it'd be.... maybe something like they can use the parry/riposte  system when wielding a melee weapon. Or maybe have it be that they have passive energy regeneration. as you do when using an operator

Could have some fun with it, maybe have unique "drifter" mods that replicate the bonuses we could get from decrees in duviri. Then on top of those things make the Nataruk and Sun and Moon have bonuses when wielded by the drifter same way some frames get bonuses on weapons. 

• Like 3

On 2024-01-03 at 3:37 PM, NineChameleon said:

As much as I love this idea, I think a better approach would be a "drifter warframe" type deal. 

Using your drifter as a base you can pick and chose 4 powers from the warframes you've mastered (and maybe forma'd at least once for balancing) to create a "custom warframe" so to speak that can be used on missions instead of a normal warframe. 

But for the sake of balancing maybe make it so for any given power slot, aka slot 1 you can only chose from the slot 1 powers on the frames you have. Only exception being the abilities that would go into helminth perhaps being available for every slot. 

Then make the difter have a unique passive that references duviri in some way to tie it all together. Not sure what it'd be.... maybe something like they can use the parry/riposte  system when wielding a melee weapon. Or maybe have it be that they have passive energy regeneration. as you do when using an operator

Could have some fun with it, maybe have unique "drifter" mods that replicate the bonuses we could get from decrees in duviri. Then on top of those things make the Nataruk and Sun and Moon have bonuses when wielded by the drifter same way some frames get bonuses on weapons. 

My friend, even if we limit the slots, I can still think of a broken combo, which is the following: 1: Celestial twin, 2: Nourish, 3: Gloom, 4: Exalted blade

If we are also allowed to give ourselves warframe augments and mod exalted weapons, well I'm more or less using the build I have on my umbra

Edited by Helstiir
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-01-05 at 5:20 AM, Helstiir said:

My friend, even if we limit the slots, I can still think of a broken combo, which is the following: 1: Celestial twin, 2: Nourish, 3: Gloom, 4: Exalted blade

If we are also allowed to give ourselves warframe augments and mod exalted weapons, well I'm more or less using the build I have on my umbra

Considering the busted combos that already exists and that we already have the capacity to near one shot level cap mobs with the right builds.... Archon Shards.... Helminth... Do we really care about broken combinations in warframe? Like would it really be so much of an issue if you could have a broken combo of abilities? Would it really matter when weapons already perform better than a chunk of warframe abilities anyway? 

Edited by NineChameleon
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, NineChameleon said:

Considering the busted combos that already exists and that we already have the capacity to near one shot level cap mobs with the right builds.... Archon Shards.... Helminth... Do we really care about broken combinations in warframe? Like would it really be so much of an issue if you could have a broken combo of abilities? Would it really matter when weapons already perform better than a chunk of warframe abilities anyway? 

You know, what fair point