Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with grimoire build

Tromlui-Tine

Question

I am currently making a sun themed load out and I want to use the grimoire from WITW as my secondary, I have figured out how to add fire and radiation onto the weapon to match my theme but I cannot do so without wasting 2 mod slots converting the base lightning damage into either magnetic or corrosive I was wondering if there was some way to either change or remove the lightning damage so that my heat and radiation damage can shine. I was told in the in game chat that there may be a way to do this with riven mods and for that purpose I purchased a grimoire riven of my Mastery rank. And proceeded to roll it with kuva I had been stockpiling from nightwave cred offerings however there was not a single roll that resulted in -lightning or -base. So I was wondering if what I was attempting was possible 

1 answer to this question

11 hours ago, Tromlui-Tine said:

I am currently making a sun themed load out and I want to use the grimoire from WITW as my secondary, I have figured out how to add fire and radiation onto the weapon to match my theme but I cannot do so without wasting 2 mod slots converting the base lightning damage into either magnetic or corrosive I was wondering if there was some way to either change or remove the lightning damage so that my heat and radiation damage can shine. I was told in the in game chat that there may be a way to do this with riven mods and for that purpose I purchased a grimoire riven of my Mastery rank. And proceeded to roll it with kuva I had been stockpiling from nightwave cred offerings however there was not a single roll that resulted in -lightning or -base. So I was wondering if what I was attempting was possible 

Can't roll -elemental on a riven, -base damage, as in -%damage? You can roll that, but its not going to help you in this case.

The trick with grimoire to combine the electrical damage is to add electrical damage. If you added electrical and heat to the Grimoire, it would result in radiation. You could also just add heat and it should accomplish the same.

Personally, I think a heat bias is best on the Grimoire, which involves using 3 60/60 mods to force the electrical into corrosive. It'll result in a very slight bias towards heat, 226 vs 220 damage. What you would want to do with that riven to get that is get a riven with toxin+electric to free up a mod slot for the new radation+FR mod.

Otherwise, simply add electric and heat with no other +elemental but the new radiation mod, and it'll turn into pure radiation. I don't think that's very useful, but not many people are trying to make Grimoire SP +lvl 150 viable.

Edited by Agall