Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost immortal skin display bug (Low rez while rest of the game seems fine) + Screenshots

WERElektro

Just reporting a somewhat minor Bug.

Frost immortal Skin seems low rez and pixelled.

- No specific actions required to make the bug occur. It's just there.
- It's like this in every location (Orbiter, relay, dojo, in missions...)

Here's some screenshots:

Spoiler

hvbCyxy.jpg

Spoiler

qni3CT1.jpg

edit:

Made another screen of normal Frost. same Problem.

Spoiler

JWqyr4x.jpg

Edited by WERElektro

18 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

While this is fixed, what happens if you zoom into the texture? Usually that should cause to load it properly.

I am not entirely sure how to "zoom into the texture". But I scrolled closer in the arsenal, and it doesn't change. it stays low rez (unlike, for example, the helmet, which has it's own texture).

I added another screenshot with higher color contrast - to show this also persists on the normal Frost, not just prime. (note how the helmet is high rez and the rest of the body doesn't seem to show properly)

Spoiler

JWqyr4x.jpg

5 hours ago, WERElektro said:

I am not entirely sure how to "zoom into the texture". But I scrolled closer in the arsenal, and it doesn't change. it stays low rez (unlike, for example, the helmet, which has it's own texture).

Yeah, it's pretty much this. Getting into a wall or something and sticking the camera very close.

I'll double check my game to see if this was due the texture compression pass some years ago, which could be. I know Volt has a similar issue in some of the maps.

EDIT: Looks like it would be that. The tintmask files are uncompressed while the other ones, especially the normal, seems to have compression blocks making it look lower res.

Edited by NightmareT12