The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please be careful with Gloom in Netracell runs.

1 hour ago, RichardKam said:

My apology if my post gives you hard feeling because when I said I used Yareli, "elitism" is my least expected response from the forum. 

Its all good. It was more this bit:

On 2024-01-03 at 3:32 AM, RichardKam said:

Oh, I forgot I was playing solo. Why aren't you playing solo netracell?

That sounded a little off to my ears. I use Yareli sometimes too she's a sleeper frame for sure. 

That being said.

1 hour ago, RichardKam said:

I understand the pros and cons of pub, and I also pub with random sometimes, but trust me, the only thing more frustrating than failing a mission due to your own mistake is failing a mission due to other people mistake. Apart from host migration, it will turn your netracell run into random number generator because random people do things randomly. They go look for the book. They go for the voca. They go into killing frenzy and turn your 15 mins run into 30 mins. When you enter bleed out they will keep killing stuff right next to you rather than, you know, reviving you. Something like that.

Just like the good old days of Eidolon era when people still bring Harrow to the fight, for mission like netracell where some coordination and communication is needed for efficiency, recruitment chat would be more useful than random pub. 

I understand the risks associated with pugging. It's a conscious decision for me to weigh up whether it'll be more frustrating than fun. Because that is what matters to me more that efficiency. Would it be good to have a group of friends to run everything with so you can communicate properly? Absolutely. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury.

But this isn't really a case of efficiency for me. It's more about being inconsiderate. Especially when they ignore you if you ask them to make sure they're in the zone or to turn off gloom. 

If I run my sevagoth in a public group I'll always be toggling gloom if it's a defence, or like this a kill zone. 

if I run my Limbo I might not use cataclysm (or not run limbo at all anymore DE hates that frame) 

if I'm on baruuk i'll consciously fall back and wait for enemies to come closer. 

If people wanna look for Voca go for it, if people wanna do the Whisper go for it. When I go into a public group I do so with the knowledge that if they chose to do those things I can comfortably solo the main objective. So it bothers me less if they do. Because making sure I can do the mission is the one thing I can control. So I make sure I do it. 

In my experience and confirmed by my friends when playing, you do not actually need the enemies to be inside the zone, As long as You and your teammates stay inside said zone when killing enemies, the kills count towards the percentage. This should count for any of your teammates using gloom or any other wide range ability as well so there should be no real problem, Unless somehow they are killing things across the map which seems very unlikely but even then the radius seems to be very generous.

The frustration is understandable if they themselves are outside the zone, But from my experience the majority tend to stay inside it. Everyone generally want it done at the fastest time just as you.

The only actual radius you need to be aware of is the necramite, and thats some buggy stuff right there.

Edited by darklord122

I just run Netracells solo or with friends. I stopped caring about doing it public or in squads because 90% of my non-solo runs outside of runs with friends always has someone either intentionally avoiding the circle and killing enemies out of it causing the mission to take five times longer because 90% of the enemies decide to spawn on that specific player or someone running Gloom with very high strength and range and refusing to turn it off.

Just use Revenant on solo and you're basically unkillable if you have a high strength mesmer skin build, but the only issue with that is the key effect that makes enemies leave void bombs when killed which can bypass mesmer skin and OHKO your shields most of the time, and i keep on getting that specific key in every netracell run i do which makes things a lot more difficult then i'd like. Never actually failed a run because of it, but i almost died way too many times so i end up having to run a build with not only high strength but also build for health, armor and shields to avoid being void-bombed to death pass my Mesmer Skin charges.

On 2024-01-02 at 6:24 PM, DarkSkysz said:

Mag and Birdlady are also really good for that. Super yoinks!

Mag was my first frame, so I have a deep love for her. And I do also have a Zephyr build that does more or less the same thing as Vauban (slurp into Spectrosiphon) which is also quite effective! Vauban's just the current flavor I'm playing with, because the pingpingping and little numbers from the flechette orbs currently "sparks joy," to quote Marie Kondo. ;)