Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur is one of the most poorly designed warframes in the game.

Yasha-7HS

vor 7 Minuten schrieb --Leyenda-yight6:

how blind love is.

Look up all the threads about him, you'll realise people are commenting on his survivability which is lacking. He is usually picked for lower level content which to you might already be high level content. That's just how it is and there is no need to defend him in that regard. Also, as i previously said, he is not the frame for a high KPM, there are builds that let him reach beyond a 100, but a 100 KPM in SP survival is an adequate bar for the potency of a warframe doing such content well. 

As it seems, you yourself got blinded by excal's 2 a little too hard in regards to kullervo 😉

Edited by Mr.DaburuKaramu

hace 28 minutos, Mr.DaburuKaramu dijo:

Look up all the threads about him, you'll realise people are commenting on his survivability which is lacking. He is usually picked for lower level content which to you might already be high level content. That's just how it is and there is no need to defend him in that regard. Also, as i previously said, he is not the frame for a high KPM, there are builds that let him reach beyond a 100, but a 100 KPM in SP survival is an adequate bar for the potency of a warframe doing such content well. 

As it seems, you yourself got blinded by excal's 2 a little too hard in regards to kullervo 😉

"look for all the threads of excalibur and you will see how deficient it is" your complete ignorance about kullervo is evident, but hey, continue with that deficient thought.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb --Leyenda-yight6:

"look for all the threads of excalibur and you will see how deficient it is" your complete ignorance about kullervo is evident, but hey, continue with that deficient thought.

I will get back to you one more time. You also said Baruuk and wukong both got better stats on their exalteds / they were superior to excal's EB. The simple reality is, you are the one claiming things you know nothing about and I'm sure others can confirm this. Baruuk needs an augment that is providing a good amount of status chance coupled to strength (and still less than excal) which is even detrimental as it doesn't let you decide which elements are procced alongside those you already modded for. Ultimately, this doesn't allow a similar build on baruuk and hampers his scalability a lot. 

And wukong's staff is just bad, nobody mods for it for good reason. Those details are all out there, but j understand that you couldn't see this. Some frames have the ability to turn to greatness with a perfect, complementary build. Some frames that might seem superior at first might not be able to achieve that. And this is a prime example of this. 

The game lives from players being creative and testing out builds until they come up with something to their liking. There is no real base frame experience where one would ever compare unmodded frames with each other. And even though some things might be entirely subjective, one can't deny efficiency in missions when it's there, it's just a fact and proof it's perfectly doable. 

It's easy to refuse all of this when you are unexperienced and want to have an opinion even though you don't know much on the topic if anything at all. And some people definitely hate it when players get creative and their builds just work, perhaps you would like to be able to do that yourself but since your way of playing is vastly different compared to mine, we don't share the same goals. Thus, you should stop throwing your baseless arguments which are unable to change excal's potency. 

There is one thing I can definitely agree to and that's the usefulness of excal's kit as a whole. His 3 also needs an augment to be actually useful, but that will only help with raw damage, is dependent on the number of enemies around you, is affected by range and duration which is kinda low and costs a lot of energy. Too many ifs and too impractical to constantly recast in the mission, and also only really useful for when there are lots of enemies close to you. 

If the central argument was that his abilities' cohesiveness is lacking, then that's entirely true. And it's also true that abilities should be useful without augments, but there are so many frames which require augments to achieve their peak performance. Then again, it's DE's fault that they care less about making base abilities more useful or at least buff them by quite a bit - or perhaps even change them fundamentally into something better / more interesting to use. 

I'm now running an excal build where I'm never using his 3 and I would never use his 1 either if I hadn't replaced it with empower or another helminth ability. But there are other frames that got more than 1 mediocre ability and in some frames I also usually only use 2 abilities or maybe 3. It's quite rare that one uses all 4 abilities effectively in very high level content, as often times you can get the same effect easier through other means or don't need it at all. Right now, there are only two frames in which I use all abilities, those are volt and vauban and it's only the case because I replaced one of their rather useless abilities with roar (personal preference). Most people tend to throw nourish on everything now and call it a day - there is good reason for that, too. 

But when you argue not to compare fully kitted out frames and complete builds with one another because those interactions shouldn't be required to make a frame usable, then that's all based on your personal philosophy of what the game should be or shouldn't be. To me, it's much more rewarding to invest into warframes and complement their builds through creative interactions, that's what the game is about for me. If you want a frame that does all that for you so you don't have to come up with an idea on how to make use of the frame's full potential yourself, then that says a lot about your interest in the game's core mechanics. The real beauty in warframes arises when you find awesome synergies between weapons, abilities and compagnions. There are many builds out there which rely on a very specific set of mods and abilities to work the way they should, and that is what warframe is supposed to be. It gives you a whole lot of freedom and let's you experiment until you find your own perfect build, and I'm very sorry for you if you can't receive that kind of enjoyment because you limit yourself to the basic design of warframes and can't think outside the box.

Have a good one. 

Edited by Mr.DaburuKaramu

It is funny to me that Excalibur, as far as I know was conceived of as a generalist, melee-centered Warframe for people starting the game, but I would think Rhino fits the bill more. Rhino's not particularly inclined to melee but the whole "powers that are generally applicable and reliable," yeah.

Dunno, reworks come along so infrequently, and this is not without reason. I can't imagine fixing Excalibur without some serious changes to his kit.

EDIT: To be clear I've thought about what a sturdy but not that sturdy, melee-centric "Swordmaster" Warframe would look like in my hands, and.. here's the thing, someone's going to say "That's not Excalibur!" but a lot of the older Warframes don't really have a solid identity.

Edited by Ventura_Highway
  • Like 1

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Ventura_Highway:

It is funny to me that Excalibur, as far as I know was conceived of as a generalist, melee-centered Warframe for people starting the game, but I would think Rhino fits the bill more. Rhino's not particularly inclined to melee but the whole "powers that are generally applicable and reliable," yeah.

Dunno, reworks come along so infrequently, and this is not without reason. I can't imagine fixing Excalibur without some serious changes to his kit.

EDIT: To be clear I've thought about what a sturdy but not that sturdy, melee-centric "Swordmaster" Warframe would look like in my hands, and.. here's the thing, someone's going to say "That's not Excalibur!" but a lot of the older Warframes don't really have a solid identity.

Rhino is actually superior warframe for newbies because its armor skill is worth its weight in gold. In other warframes it depends on survival at the beginning.

Am 30.4.2024 um 00:15 schrieb Mr.DaburuKaramu:

Most warframes are garbage for SP without much investment. even wisp with 800 armor and 460% str buffs gets shot down almost instantly in solo sp surv on void. Here you have to kite and stand around the corner.
with excal I stuck with the version. 4x blue shards for almost 2k health. He can simply hold mele key with his sword and slaughter everyone in SP ani on void in solo mode without him going down. If necessary, simply fade with 2nd while mele. and thanks to warcry + aug he hardly needs to do anything. Maybe you can tweak something here and have _stable_ energy without primed flow. And I don't understand how the whole thing works with "gladiator mod set" either... actually I have an incarnon mele weapon with 3x gladiator mod bonus, where 12x combo points shouldn't disappear after the "holster", but that apparently doesn't apply to exalted umber blade! but at least here I have about 50% orange crits.
and I don't like "dash" build at all. I won't play such rubbish. and my build also works much better.

1.jpg

• Like 3

Perfectly viable build for what it's intended to do. I've run a similar build on umbra and then switched to regular excal some time ago. You actually don't lose gladiator set bonus on EB if you use only EB as melee. If you use your regular melee first for combo and then EB when it's stacked up, it will diminish when the original melee's combo counter runs out. That's why you only use EB and not the regular melee, so you can keep 12x combo and glad mod bonus as long as combo on EB doesn't run out. Try it 😉 you'll see it works and you get much more consistent crits up to orange crits.

• Like 2