Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinion: Warframe fell off after Second Dream and War Within, but how can we fix this?

My problems are more that we need more explanations on stuff. I like most of the story but we lack worldbuilding.

I was hyped as #*!% for the Zariman with all those corrupted transmissions and the story section was so short. I loved The New War but I just got a ton of questions over what happened to the rest of the Tenno during it and I only learned Wally appeared because of the distortions from the battle near the sun because of Loid’s Computers. Narmer became a new faction and I just have tons of questions on how the system is. 
This is without all the questions I have on the syndicates and the rest of the people. It’s ironic that mosT of the game is massacring Grineer and Corpus yet we know barely anything of the former’s society. Fortuna was a huge step in the right direction though, exposing on us the losers of the Corpus society. 

Am 9.1.2024 um 23:25 schrieb Voltage:

Or some people just get bored with a story that has no stakes. The same happens with saturated movie franchises, some anime, or other video games narratives. Warframe quests are still "nice" in the sense of content, but I've personally stopped caring after the way The New War wrapped up. Teshin for example, was rendered insignificant. The questline for many years built up a semblance of risk and loss, but The New War completely tossed that out the window, so there's a really easy reason to just not care or be invested in your own story as a player.

I bet it's because the original writers lost interest in Warframe and moved onto Soulframe. Steve has apparently done alot of the original writing of Warframe. I don't know who excatly is to blame for the multiverse stuff but whoever came up with that, put a death mark on the story.

And also we still have open plot points of the original writing.

Edited by German
  • Like 2

I think Warframe is just overdeveloped at this point. There is little room for progression, turning the game into just collecting the newest shiny toy. Our power level has gotten so bad, that new high-end enemies just get a damage cap, rendering most of your existing progression useless.

Most new things are now just weekly which is just extremely monotone and boring.

None of the new game modes on the last 2 tilesets are beeing used anywhere else in the game (like for relics) further reinforcing the monotony.

The game has turned into a mindless kill-everything-at-120-mph content consumption. Funny because thats what we warned the devs about so many years ago. But back then they at least bothered to nerf things and left room for progression.

So yeah, they need to hit us with another major nerf and rebalance patch. Or just make Warframe 2. Game is a bit of a mess anyway.

Btw I've been playing for 10 years so I've seen all the S#&$ the game went through. This is less about the game dying and more about it just becoming.. pointless. Story wise too.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-09 at 4:51 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

You shouldn't be locked out of Arbitrations by us adding new map nodes anymore. We changed that a year and a half ago with Update 32?

Are people saying that this doesn't work?  (If you know you've unlocked Arbitrations before, and they're re-locked saying the map isn't completed, please speak up so we can investigate your account)

I had Arbitrations unlocked 3 or so years ago, I have a bunch of Vitus Essence saved up to prove it. Now they're locked behind the Zariman and second half of the Deimos nodes. Wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have to wait for my railjack and necramech to build before even starting the quests to unlock those nodes. Or if I could just talk to the arbitrations honors vendor without currently having them unlocked.

• Like 1