Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In-Game Chat Box does not appear anytime or anywhere while In-Game

PrincessLusheeta

Since Whisper in the Walls launched, the in-game chat box has seemingly disappeared. When in orbiter, missions, relays, open world areas, clan areas, etc. there is no chat box anywhere on screen. As far as I can tell, I cannot receive or send messages using chat and it is frustrating to not be able to communicate with others in-game.

Solutions I have tried are: changing ports in my PC network settings, Verifying and Optimizing game cache in launcher, and uninstall/reinstalling the entire game from PC.

I did participate in the December Open Cross-Save, so this bug may have been a result of cross-save features not working properly. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshots in-game:

Orbiter: https://ibb.co/fQknwmL

Orbiter in Menu: https://ibb.co/93k2521

Chat Settings: https://ibb.co/7RZdGyM

Edited by PrincessLusheeta
  • Like 7

I'm on PC as well, I have this exact same problem as of today after the Hotfix 35.0.10 (2024-01-18). I've tried following the guide on the official WF site for chat issues but nothing is working. I've even completely reinstalled the game, but that didn't work either.

Edit: I haven't used cross-save

Edited by F000LS
  • Like 2

I also lost my in game chat, I played at 330ct and it worked before going to work came home and now it aint working, I restarted my pc and steam, still no in game chat is showing up when I press T, went into options and it all looks good, so please help. :)

Also just noticed I can't access Zariman anymore using Navigation only way I can get there is by clicking Duviri and then Dorimizone, then taking the elevator, I'm a LR2, been there hundreds of times before :(

Edited by Minecrafterrich
New thing added
  • Like 1

My chat is also gone, I believe this is a more widespread issue though because it seems an entire section of my screen no longer works after the hotfix.
towards the top left where the 'Syandana' option is and Zariman in navigation as well as many options in the settings.

I believe this hotfix just broke the UI for a lot of us.

Not sure if it's relevant but I have used save merge and have cross play turned on.

Edited by PeefSpogdar
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Crystasia said:

Is this already fixed? Mine still bug nothing showing the text

Not fixed as of yet, mine is still missing. I've opened a support ticket, will see what they reply with.

1 hour ago, F000LS said:

Not fixed as of yet, mine is still missing. I've opened a support ticket, will see what they reply with.

Okay i hope they fix this as soon as possible, because it's frustrating knowing you cannot trade or even chatting with your teammate

Edited by Crystasia
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, PeefSpogdar said:

My chat is also gone, I believe this is a more widespread issue though because it seems an entire section of my screen no longer works after the hotfix.
towards the top left where the 'Syandana' option is and Zariman in navigation as well as many options in the settings.

Not sure if it's relevant but I have used save merge and have cross play turned on.

I just noticed this as well, there's a huge section on my screen (1/3 of the width) to the left where my chat used to be that blocks all interaction with anything beneath it. I noticed it because it is covering my "ABILITIES" button and I leveled a frame I didn't know the abilities of. I can't drag any mods past this section either, it is extremely infuriating.

• Like 1

Having the same problem as well, submitted a ticket over a day ago but no response. went through every kinda of reset i could do including a reinstall but no luck. probably just gonna have to wait :/

• Like 3

I did some testing today, I created a new account to see if the UI bug is account bound since re-installing the game didn't fix it.

Yes, on a different account, the chat window appears and works as normal. So whatever the issue is, it is on DE's server side of things that has had a settings file storing data become corrupted for certain users in their player base. So there is absolutely nothing we can do as players, we simply have to hope and pray that they repair their files as soon as possible.

Stay strong Tenno, I'm more than likely going to play a different game until this is fixed since chat pretty much makes the game for me. (Totally not cause I need plat for buying more weapon slots)

• Like 2

I can see the chat box and the chat bot replying to people but I can´t see their messages. I was on the phone with a friend and we were playing in a squad and he could see my messages on the chat box but I couldn´t see his. Hopefully they fix it soon because I need to join a dojo again. I did cross save merge and all that as well, so I think it has to do with that. 

Yep, what FeiXiang_S said works, just tested it and leaving your clan then logging out and in gets your chat back. However, if you rejoin the same clan the chat window will be gone again after logging out again. This is a temporary fix anyone can try, but DE needs to fix this problem, guessing it affects everyone in certain clans.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-19 at 4:36 AM, PeefSpogdar said:

Same issue here, happened just last Wednesday after the hotfix.