Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need more enemy types with strong shields, to make magnet status important

GrimStyx

While going through the next mission on the steel path and killing the treasurer, 
I thought that the corpus faction, like most other shield bearers, 
have very weak shields that quickly break due to which almost no one uses the magnet status, 
and also shields do not protect against a slash or toxin. 
If in the game at high levels there were significantly more ordinary enemies with powerful shields, like the treasurer,
 that would absorb most of all damage until they are broken,
 the magnet status could become a full-fledged countermeasure, 
and it would also change the viral slash meta, or corrosive, 
making it the same important status, people would become think more often and adapt their builds to specific enemies, 
rather than running with the same builds throughout the game

Edited by GrimStyx
  • Like 1

For shield enemies you use toxin, not magnet. Giving enemies 1000000000 shields will only make people use toxin more so that they damage health directly. And if you want to make enemies immune to toxin like the treasurer is and if you get your way, Im going to use my particular set of skills to track you down and hit you with a spoon just so you get as annoyed by me as i will be by you.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

Adjacent to this, I often suggest that only toxin procs should bypass shields, rather than toxin damage inherently.   This would require a fair amount of rebalancing though, especially on the player shield end of things.

Much of what makes Treasurers tougher than nearly all shielded enemies is their shields being an exception to Toxin bypass.

Только что, MaxTunnerX сказал:

Для врагов со щитом вы используете токсин, а не магнит. Предоставление врагам 1000000000 щитов только заставит людей подавать в суд на токсин, так что они напрямую нанесут вред здоровью..

You didn’t understand my message, you don’t just need to increase the strength of shields, 
you need to give some mobs improved shields that would not allow most of the damage to health, 
including from a toxin with a cut, let’s say conditionally 90-95% of damage to health from conditional toxin would be on the shield, 
which would have increased resistance to damage from the toxin, reducing its damage. 
Let such advanced shields be exclusively on the steel path for most mobs, or be tied to some new faction, or old, 
the same uncle Granum, in theory, could pump up his hard workers with such technologies

• Like 1

3 минуты назад, Tiltskillet сказал:

В дополнение к этому я часто предлагаю, чтобы только срабатывание токсина обходило щиты, а не урон от токсинов по своей сути. Однако это потребует изрядной ребалансировки, особенно в отношении щита игрока..

Большая часть того, что делает Казначеев более стойкими, чем почти все защищенные щитами враги, заключается в том, что их щиты являются исключением из обхода токсина..

I suggested making shields similar to the treasurer’s shields, albeit for a new faction, or the steel path. 
Since the same armor on a steel path significantly hinders damage to the enemy, making corrosive builds more preferable, 
why not do the same with shields. Moreover, this would force players to look for a new approach, 
rather than bypassing the armor with a cut containing toxin and virus, or corrosion

15 minutes ago, GrimStyx said:
I suggested making shields similar to the treasurer’s shields, albeit for a new faction, or the steel path. 
Since the same armor on a steel path significantly hinders damage to the enemy, making corrosive builds more preferable, 
why not do the same with shields. Moreover, this would force players to look for a new approach, 
rather than bypassing the armor with a cut containing toxin and virus, or corrosion

Yeah, and thats what I dont want to happen. Definitely not a fan of making my game more miserable.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 2

This, by the way, would create a polarity of status builds for enemies with armor or enemies with shields. 
If the toxin stops doing full damage to health, bypassing improved shields, and the slash does not deal it at all, 
then electro, impact and magnetic status will become a priority in the battle against corpus, 
since without breaking the shields, you will not be able to deal good damage to health, 
without large stacks of toxin with virus that would take a long time to fill. 
After all, now the situation is the same with armor. 
Сorrosion, slash, toxin and virus will remain just as effective against armored opponents, 
where electro, shock and magnet perform poorly. Ьoreover, slash, toxin and virus remain the same excellent choice against the enemies with shields, 
especially on the steel path. I think this should not happen, so that there is a collection of universal statuses against all factions, 
at least on high-level content, so that players finally remember the existence of another weapons, and other statuses, except meta
Edited by GrimStyx

22 минуты назад, MaxTunnerX сказал:

Yeah, and thats what I dont want to happen. Definitely not a fan of making my game more miserable.

It is important to separate regular and high-level content. 
High-level should not be a simple run through the location and annihilation of all living things, 
which is what it is now, players must understand what and for what situation they are building, 
and what weapon they take, since now there are universal statuses like toxin, slash and virus, 
which so strong against almost everyone that they suppress those weapons and those statuses 
that were originally intended for certain factions, and this creates a strong imbalance
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, GrimStyx said:
It is important to separate regular and high-level content. 
High-level should not be a simple run through the location and annihilation of all living things, 
which is what it is now, players must understand what and for what situation they are building, 
and what weapon they take, since now there are universal statuses like toxin, slash and virus, 
which so strong against almost everyone that they suppress those weapons and those statuses 
that were originally intended for certain factions, and this creates a strong imbalance

First of all, high-level content is not "run through and kill everything" if you dont know how the game works, actually a lot of missions are impossible to solo for a lot of people. Its just people like us that play this way. Secondly, this content cannot be avoided because you need steel essence and other things, so again, I dont agree with making it a pain in the a**. If someone wants super hard content, let them have a special mode with no rewards (or the same rewards as everywhere else), dont make the game miserable for everyone.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

6 часов назад, MaxTunnerX сказал:

First of all, high-level content is not "run through and kill everything" if you dont know how the game works, actually a lot of missions are impossible to solo for a lot of people. Its just people like us that play this way. Secondly, this content cannot be avoided because you need steel essence and other things, so again, I dont agree with making it a pain in the a**. If someone wants super hard content, let them have a special mode with no rewards (or the same rewards as everywhere else), dont make the game miserable for everyone.

The game will not become unhappy if people start using statuses for their intended purpose, 
or a specific weapon that would be better suited against a specific faction, 
then the weapon selection pool would increase significantly, 
it would make more sense to use a magnetic or electric status weapon when the slash would become useless, 
and the toxin would deal half as much health damage to enemies with active shields,
and not running around with a universal collection of statuses. 
You’re not complaining about the fact that there are separate builds for hunting eidolons, and different builds for profit takers, 
just like they take corrosive statuses against greeniers or bosses on the steel path. The Corpus faction, unlike the Grineer, 
is very vulnerable due to weak shields, with the exception of the Corpus Eximus or the Treasurer, 
which is why no one uses the statuses of electricity and magnet, this is not even a separate niche, 
they simply do not make any sense, then one wonders why they are there at all needed if you can run with toxin, 
slash and virus and feel great against any faction. 
After all, the game was originally intended to separate mods, statuses and weapons for certain factions. 
And if a casual player doesn’t want to understand this, although there is nothing very complicated there, 
let him play in normal modes and not get into high-end content; he can farm on regular missions, 
or he plays with his build only against a specific faction, where he can do something until he decides to improve his level of play. 
I can't say that I'm a fan of mega hardcore, but the game in most high-level content feels too casual and even boring. 
Probably if I can do such builds, although I cannot say that I am a top builder who sits with a calculator and calculates formulas, 
then another similar player can do it.
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, GrimStyx said:
The game will not become unhappy if people start using statuses for their intended purpose, 

You’re not complaining about the fact that there are separate builds for hunting eidolons, and different builds for profit takers,

Yes it will. Instead of 2-3 builds I have to have in my inventory at all times I will need to have several more just to compensate for what you want. And Im only not complaining about eidolons because this isnt a topic about eidolons and because they are very specific bosses, not an entire faction. Besides, profit taker is the worst boss in the game and I hate it, and guess why, because of all the damage types you need to use to kill it. Now, youre entitled to have your opinion, but so am I and my opinion stands, NO THANKS.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

20 минут назад, MaxTunnerX сказал:

Yes it will. Instead of 2-3 builds I have to have in my inventory at all times I will need to have several more just to compensate for what you want. And Im only not complaining about eidolons because this isnt a topic about eidolons and because they are very specific bosses, not an entire faction. Besides, profit taker is the worst boss in the game and I hate it, and guess why, because of all the damage types you need to use to kill it. Now, youre entitled to have your opinion, but so am I and my opinion stands, NO THANKS.

Opinions are one thing, however, decisions are made by the developers. I just threw in an idea, a thought that, it seems to me, 
could balance the game at high levels and return unnecessary statuses to the game, which were originally intended to be used, 
to gain a significant advantage against a specific faction, rather than being forgotten. 
We can only hope that the developers will find a solution that will satisfy casuals and strong players. 
However, the more hardcore mode you suggested without rewards would not make any sense, 
because there would be no point in simply playing it, but I really liked the idea with Gargoyle's Cry, 
especially in hardcore mode, it really feels like a dungeon boss, it's a pity that the rewards for hardcore mode weren't increased.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GrimStyx said:
Opinions are one thing, however, decisions are made by the developers. I just threw in an idea, a thought that, it seems to me, 
could balance the game at high levels and return unnecessary statuses to the game, which were originally intended to be used, 
to gain a significant advantage against a specific faction, rather than being forgotten. 
We can only hope that the developers will find a solution that will satisfy casuals and strong players. 
However, the more hardcore mode you suggested without rewards would not make any sense, 
because there would be no point in simply playing it, but I really liked the idea with Gargoyle's Cry, 
especially in hardcore mode, it really feels like a dungeon boss, it's a pity that the rewards for hardcore mode weren't increased.

If you want harder mode, and at the same time not screw up everybody else's game, hardcore mode without any bonus rewards is the only way to go. But thats not important anyway, I think we both said what we wanted to say.