Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nuke Builds Are Ruining Gameplay Enjoyment

Zinxori-

2 minutes ago, darklord122 said:

At this point maybe you should, Because you can't have enough self reflection to see that your way is not the only way.

So good luck with that mindset in this game and every other game, Cause you will be just as miserable.

Please wait…. reflecting in progress…. thinking…. thinking….

Hm. Nope, any way I turn it, I’m still booting up a game to play it, and when I jump into multiplayer I might as well not have bothered. I don’t need the rewards, they’re nice bonuses after some gameplay and further my selection of options, but they’re not exactly crucial when I’ve already got so much to pick and choose from, which I can’t even use anyways when in a “team” with you

Edited by Merkranire

It is my understanding that you want challenge from the content. You want it to require other players to achieve the mission objectives. You want teamwork to be required. You want everyone on the team to be contributing equally to killing enemies (if that is the mission objective)...

That's ... not Warframe, at least not in PUG content, nor should it be.

Warframe is a grindy looter shooter. People NEED to go as fast as possible to gather the components they need, as fast as possible, because the game is balanced around either spending your time or money on these things. People who choose to GRIND for their stuff, are SPENDING THEIR TIME, which in some cases is more valuable than money... and arguably always is more valuable.

Forcing slower gameplay, less rewards, less loot, is disrespecting that spending of their time. SERIOUSLY.

Your fun does not supercede that, from my perspective, anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Merkranire said:

Please wait…. reflecting in progress…. thinking…. thinking….

Hm. Nope, any way I turn it, I’m still booting up a game to play it, and when I jump into multiplayer I might as well not have bothered. I don’t need the rewards, they’re nice bonuses after some gameplay and further my selection of options, but they’re not exactly crucial when I’ve already got so much to pick and choose from, which I can’t even use anyways when in a “team” with you

You can use plenty of it, And you have plenty of options.

But keep staying blind to them and keep playing your way. Everyone else will play their way. And considering no-one else is having your problem, That says alot.

• Like 3

Just now, darklord122 said:

You can use plenty of it, And you have plenty of options.

But keep staying blind to them and keep playing your way. Everyone else will play their way. And considering no-one else is having your problem, That says alot.

You mean the options you not only want me to use, but are actively forcing me to use.

I could use those options and whoops, turns out I was doing the content I was doing with the builds I was using for a reason. That reason just so happens to leave room for other players to do their thing as well

So I’ve read 13 pages of this and I think to accurately sum it up it’s basically one person kicking and screaming about how unhappy they are that the rest of the community don’t all play the game and have the same outlook to every mission as he/she does. And it’s apparently everyone else who is the problem and not them. Despite the game offering various modes to avoid that situation and that person choosing to load into those very same public lobbies that they apparently hate so much.

Here’s a thought, there’s a recruitment tab and chat options, why not use it to search for people who either have the same ideology of gameplay (or level of equipment) and squad up with them? Hell why not play with friends and just tell them all how they should play the game to suit you? that seems to be a good idea.

If I enter a fissure exterminate and someone else has cleared the map and there’s 10 reactant on the floor I’m perfectly happy. If I want to test out the strength of my new shiny toy I’ll do it in solo mode. I certainly won’t go into a public lobby and a fissure mission to boot and demand the entire group cater their gameplay for my personal needs. Imagine being that entitled. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)MesaGaming87 said:

So I’ve read 13 pages of this and I think to accurately sum it up it’s basically one person kicking and screaming about how unhappy they are that the rest of the community don’t all play the game and have the same outlook to every mission as he/she does. And it’s apparently everyone else who is the problem and not them. Despite the game offering various modes to avoid that situation and that person choosing to load into those very same public lobbies that they apparently hate so much.

Here’s a thought, there’s a recruitment tab and chat options, why not use it to search for people who either have the same ideology of gameplay (or level of equipment) and squad up with them? Hell why not play with friends and just tell them all how they should play the game to suit you? that seems to be a good idea.

If I enter a fissure exterminate and someone else has cleared the map and there’s 10 reactant on the floor I’m perfectly happy. If I want to test out the strength of my new shiny toy I’ll do it in solo mode. I certainly won’t go into a public lobby and a fissure mission to boot and demand the entire group cater their gameplay for my personal needs. Imagine being that entitled. 

Basically yes. Merkranire only wants his playstyle to be the proper multiplayer one. But that wont happen.

Edited by darklord122
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, darklord122 said:

Basically yes. Merkranire only wants his playstyle to be the proper multiplayer one. But that wont happen.

it's so crazy too, I've never met/seen someone as entitled as this guy. It confuses me how one doesn't see that everyone is against them and they still think everyone else is the problem

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

You mean the options you not only want me to use, but are actively forcing me to use.

I could use those options and whoops, turns out I was doing the content I was doing with the builds I was using for a reason. That reason just so happens to leave room for other players to do their thing as well

Noone is stopping you from not using those options.

Just dont complain when that does not work out for you.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

It is my understanding that you want challenge from the content. You want it to require other players to achieve the mission objectives. You want teamwork to be required. You want everyone on the team to be contributing equally to killing enemies (if that is the mission objective)...

That's ... not Warframe, at least not in PUG content, nor should it be.

Warframe is a grindy looter shooter. People NEED to go as fast as possible to gather the components they need, as fast as possible, because the game is balanced around either spending your time or money on these things. People who choose to GRIND for their stuff, are SPENDING THEIR TIME, which in some cases is more valuable than money... and arguably always is more valuable.

Forcing slower gameplay, less rewards, less loot, is disrespecting that spending of their time. SERIOUSLY.

Your fun does not supercede that, from my perspective, anyway.

I want something to do from the content, and I’m not going to fight you for it in some kind of e-peen measuring contest. Difficulty does require more consideration than “Just something to do”, but we aren’t even at the point where “Just something to do” is a valid thing to consider so nevermind any sort of difficulty!!!

I want something to do from the content, and I’m not going to fight you for it in some kind of e-peen measuring contest. Difficulty does require more consideration than “Just something to do”, but we aren’t even at the point where “Just something to do” is a valid thing to consider so nevermind any sort of difficulty!!!

Maybe it's the content I choose, maybe it's the random people I've been put with for the past 7 years playing the game, but I have only RARELY had nothing to do in a mission unless I'm loading in late, and the objective is already complete.

This situation you find yourself in... is perplexing to me, because I've never really seen it practically happen, even with this supposed prevalence of nuke builds out there... I ALWAYS seem to find enemies to kill, or some other way to contribute to the mission success (even if that's not killing.)

Wonder if I load up a fissure Exterminate mission now, quickly go into squad chat and ask everyone to kindly slow down as I’m trying to level my unranked Hydroid Prime and recently forma’d incarnon weapon and also if they’d be so kind as to not kill everything so I can reach a 6x combo for one of my challenges. I mean sure I could just load up a mission in solo mode and achieve all that myself but let’s try dictating how 3 other people should play their game to suit me instead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

Maybe it's the content I choose, maybe it's the random people I've been put with for the past 7 years playing the game, but I have only RARELY had nothing to do in a mission unless I'm loading in late, and the objective is already complete.

This situation you find yourself in... is perplexing to me, because I've never really seen it practically happen, even with this supposed prevalence of nuke builds out there... I ALWAYS seem to find enemies to kill, or some other way to contribute to the mission success (even if that's not killing.)

How do you know you’re not the one doing everything?

How do you know you’re not the one doing everything?

Because I see other player icons ahead of me on the map, on the progression toward the next objective or exit.

Or I'm sitting on top of the defense location, and players are running around the map killing enemies, while I kill the ones that get by them. Plenty of reasons.

Just now, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

Because I see other player icons ahead of me on the map, on the progression toward the next objective or exit.

Or I'm sitting on top of the defense location, and players are running around the map killing enemies, while I kill the ones that get by them. Plenty of reasons.

That seems reasonable. And what content does this typically happen in?

That seems reasonable. And what content does this typically happen in?

As I've said multiple times in this thread, the times I enter PUGs, are for relic cracking (so any relic cracking mission, which varies from exterminate to defense style missions), and Interception and Disruption missions...

And this is in fact my universal experience of playing in all PUG content in Warframe.

I don't boot up an exterminate on earth, for no good reason, and enter that in a PUG, with my endgame gear... but I'd enter that same mission, if it's a relic cracking mission, without a second thought. It's far less likely that I'll be killing a significant portion of the enemies in such a mission, IF there is a really good nuke frame on the team, but really, I don't care if I kill the enemies or not, as long as the mission objective is completed, in such scenarios (and all my PUG scenarios.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

As I've said multiple times in this thread, the times I enter PUGs, are for relic cracking (so any relic cracking mission, which varies from exterminate to defense style missions), and Interception and Disruption missions...

And this is in fact my universal experience of playing in all PUG content in Warframe.

I don't boot up an exterminate on earth, for no good reason, and enter that in a PUG, with my endgame gear... but I'd enter that same mission, if it's a relic cracking mission, without a second thought. It's far less likely that I'll be killing a significant portion of the enemies in such a mission, IF there is a really good nuke frame on the team, but really, I don't care if I kill the enemies or not, as long as the mission objective is completed, in such scenarios (and all my PUG scenarios.)

Then we may have an issue, because bringing higher-level gear to non-high-level content is kind of a huge contributing factor to not having anything to do. You’re not built for the content, and the content isn’t designed for what you’re bringing

At this point your “Others have something to do” is as much an accident as anything, but I’d still be happier matching with you than someone else because you accidentally showed some consideration! You didn’t even have to try! That’s how low my bar has become after all of this, I’ll gladly take accidental consideration

2 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

Then we may have an issue, because bringing higher-level gear to non-high-level content is kind of a huge contributing factor to not having anything to do. You’re not built for the content, and the content isn’t designed for what you’re bringing

At this point your “Others have something to do” is as much an accident as anything, but I’d still be happier matching with you than someone else because you accidentally showed some consideration! You didn’t even have to try! That’s how low my bar has become after all of this, I’ll gladly take accidental consideration

Plenty of people had consideration for you, Me included. Your standards as to what is acceptable for it however are too high to deal with.

And no, Just because people don't do as you want that does not mean they are not considerate. Its just you expecting everyone else to conform to you and only you.

So you lack consideration for others on how they want to play. But thats been repeated to death now. If you would have understood it maybe you would have put that into practice by now.

Accept everyone gets to play how they want. You certainly get to.

But again, Dont be pissy about the results. Thats not on everyone else.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, darklord122 said:

Plenty of people had consideration for you, Me included. Your standards as to what is acceptable for it however are too high to deal with.

And no, Just because people don't do as you want that does not mean they are not considerate. Its just you expecting everyone else to conform to you and only you.

So you lack consideration for others on how they want to play. But thats been repeated to death now. If you would have understood it maybe you would have put that into practice by now.

Accept everyone gets to play how they want. You certainly get to.

But again, Dont be pissy about the results. Thats not on everyone else.

ugh, I’m just going to get moderated again.

Whatever, dude

Edited by Merkranire

3 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

There is no corpus that exceeds this level of ego.

Good thing it’s been beaten down, deflated, and stuffed back into solo because it takes accidental consideration before I’m able to do anything in multiplayer, all by your heroic combined efforts.

You realise someone else down the line is going to, quite validly, speak up against the status quo once more, yah?