Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

2FA Trade lock after merge.

After merging accounts . 2 Factor authentication  for warframe fail to register with my account resulting in my account not being able to trade at all.  I’ve followed the directions provided by warframe and Microsoft with the 2FA setup. And after completing the directions and regaining access to my account through the provided links. It fails to activate my two factor authentication. 

• Like 1

I found a work around! Login to warframe.com and scroll down until you see the screen that shows your alias, email, password and stuff. 

Right there change your registered email. I swapped from my Icloud email to Gmail and it automatically enabled 2FA for the new Email. I tried trading and confirmed it works!

I found a work around! Login to warframe.com and scroll down until you see the screen that shows your alias, email, password and stuff. 

Right there change your registered email. I swapped from my Icloud email to Gmail and it automatically enabled 2FA for the new Email. I tried trading and confirmed it works!

If you enabled cross save before enabling 2FA you may have run into a 2FA Trading Bug. When trying to activate on warframe.com it would all seem fine until the end where it is still not activated. 

To fix, login to warframe.com and scroll to the screen with your alias, email, password, etc. Right there you will change the associated email on the account to a new one, doing this automatically enables 2FA for the new email.

I personally confirmed this fix works after experiencing this bug!

4 hours ago, twofoeone-__- said:

Unfortunately, this does not work for me as I have tried changing the email address to my work email (to at least get it working) and it's not coming through either.  It's with Microsoft 365, so I'm able to check message trace logs, its not that its being flagged as spam or going to quarantine, its not hitting MS 365 servers at all.

Edited by byevjzts
spelling

5 hours ago, byevjzts said:

Unfortunately, this does not work for me as I have tried changing the email address to my work email (to at least get it working) and it's not coming through either.  It's with Microsoft 365, so I'm able to check message trace logs, its not that its being flagged as spam or going to quarantine, its not hitting MS 365 servers at all.

I did notice some people weren’t getting a email at all, sadly this fix is not for that case. I had that happen only 1 time where I didn’t get the link sent when I requested it but the other 10 times it would send me the link. I can only recommend maybe trying to create a new bs email on gmail or yahoo, etc and using that.

Im a PlayStation user but after linking few weeks ago, my forum profile is now the PC forum profile, hopefully one day I can merge or switch logins of the 2 forum accounts, thank you! 🥰ウォーフレームが大好きです🥰

• Like 1

On 2024-02-03 at 2:43 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

1. Click the 2FA link in your email

Issue is (for me at least), i never receive the email with the 2FA link :( No emails are ever received since i've tried to activate 2FA.

However, it must be enabled somewhere as i cannot login to the game without the 2FA code.

Sa

On 2024-02-05 at 3:45 AM, byevjzts said:

Issue is (for me at least), i never receive the email with the 2FA link :( No emails are ever received since i've tried to activate 2FA.

However, it must be enabled somewhere as i cannot login to the game without the 2FA code.

Same for my brother

This fixed the problem for me: my existing Xbox account had 2FA but I had to create a new PC account to enable cross save. The PC account needed to have 2FA set up also, it did not carry over from the Xbox. Once I had both accounts with 2FA, trading was re-enabled. Hope that helps.