Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulacrum levels

Soggy.Slopster

I feel that the level caps in the simulacrum are far too low for the current state of the game. I am currently at MR 24 which caps me at level 150, but even at level 200 enemies die way too fast to test a large number of builds. I don't want to spend hours in survival to test builds. I'm talking about at least level 1000. This only stands to benefit players. I'd be fine with levels staying tied to MR personally. I find it odd that in a game that offers you so much freedom, your ability to efficiently troubleshoot that freedom is severely limited. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TummyLover said:

Have you scanned those Exo Gokstad Officers in Railjack? They have obscenely high EHP - far more than anything you’d ever find outside of seriously long endurance runs

Yes, unfortunately not enough if your build includes any form of armor strip.

12 hours ago, TummyLover said:

Have you scanned those Exo Gokstad Officers in Railjack? They have obscenely high EHP - far more than anything you’d ever find outside of seriously long endurance runs

There are also Manic Bombard Eximus, The Hollow Vein Eximus, Jackal Eximus, Juggernaut Behemoth, Summulysts and Saxum Eximus. Even Terra Embattor Moa Eximus can be incredibly tough with the wrong build.

On 2024-01-24 at 8:00 PM, VibingCat said:

There are also Manic Bombard Eximus, The Hollow Vein Eximus, Jackal Eximus, Juggernaut Behemoth, Summulysts and Saxum Eximus. Even Terra Embattor Moa Eximus can be incredibly tough with the wrong build.

The point is that they aren't tough with the right build. Why would I want to test the wrong build. Additionally Heat inherit does not properly interact with eximus overguard for some reason.

4 hours ago, Soggy.Slopster said:

The point is that they aren't tough with the right build. Why would I want to test the wrong build. Additionally Heat inherit does not properly interact with eximus overguard for some reason.

I wish for the same. However, there are things you can do to test overkilling builds: find a damage multiplier such as an arcane and remove it during the test, so you'll know your weapon would be x times stronger on a mission and this way you can calculate what enemy level it can handle. If the comparison is between two different weapons, then make sure you're subtracting the same final damage multiplier from both. Also Extinguished Dragon Key exists.

"Heat inherit does not properly interact with eximus overguard", what do you mean?

On 2024-01-25 at 2:32 AM, Soggy.Slopster said:

Yes, unfortunately not enough if your build includes any form of armor strip.

In that case you need to test against The Hollow Vein Eximus, with its ~8 millions health at level 195 in the Steel Path. Pretend it's a level-cap enemy with stripped armour, in fact it's got much more health than most enemies at level 9999 besides overguard.