Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Primary Elemental buff augments (freezing force, thermal transfer, etc.) need a second look.

Prof-Dante

Thermal transfer specifically.

the problem with these buffs is that they combine with existing elemental damage on your weapon.
which means if you run corrosive and heat, and cast cold sunder, you are stuck with corrosive and blast for the entirety of the buff.
and if you carry magnetic and toxin weapon against corpus, and cast heat sunder, you are stuck with magnetic and Gas.

Now it's even worse when you play with squads, because it overrides their elements as well.
and change their priorities, so that corrosive and heat build will now proc blast more often than corrosive, which ruins the entire build

Suggestion: 

• Make the buffs separate from the existing elements you have on your weapon, similar to toxic lash.
  • Make the status chance of proccing the buff element separate from the elemental priority of your modded elements, which means if you have 50% status chance, your modded element het 50% and your buff element also get 50%, so you will still proc your modded element with the same priority, but now also heat beside it.

No one likes being trolled, and no one likes to have their elemental builds messed with.
it's also annoying solo, because it means you have to mod for a set of elemental damage types.

• Like 2

The whole elemental combination system needs an overhaul. Or how modding works in general.

There should be elemental mods that don't combine (easy content DE) and more combined elemental mods (viral, corrosive etc)

Also, with the way polarities and build tabs work, on many weapons if you have a full build + riven you need to forma every slot so you can really only have one build.

Why there isn't a universal forma for normal slots, I don't get it. Modding kind of sucks right now.

I wholeheartedly agree! These mods also mess up our status distribution and very often I find myself asking my teammates not to buff me with Nourish because I am using an elementless melee to inflict nothing but bleed.

3 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

Thermal transfer specifically.

Nah, the worst offender is kuva/tenet weapons where you use the progenitor to create the elemental combination when an elemental buff augment comes along and grants a different combo since it supersedes the progenitor bonus' element.

My idea is to make allied abilities a toggle-able function with which squad abilities you want to be able to be applied to you but there is other problems with that.

Edited by Numerounius
  • Like 1