Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U11 - Recommended Soma Build

Skream_UK

So yesterday I saw this guy kill Alad V in 2-3 seconds with soma. I am thinking this weapon is packing some crazy damage this update but I cannot find any builds for it. I have a lot of Forma to spend and I want to max my potential damage for this weapons.

TL:DR Post your maxed Soma Builds!

grakata > soma

soma is a mastery and trash weapon. didnt bring anything new to the game that wasnt already here.

if grakata > soma isnt enough of an argument for you then synapse > soma ought  to do it

lets not forget the retired gorgon or the supra.

grakata > soma

soma is a mastery and trash weapon. didnt bring anything new to the game that wasnt already here.

if grakata > soma isnt enough of an argument for you then synapse > soma ought  to do it

He brings up a very valid point. Grakata and Gorgon are both very good weapons now...

Hi Skream_UK

i recommend the following setup:

- Point Strike (Crit Chance)

- Vital Sense (Crit Damage)

- Hammershot (Crit Damage / Status)Rare - Nightmare Mode Missions)

- Serration (Base Damage)

- Shred ( Firerate / Puncture!)

- Piercing Hit (Armor Piercing Damage)

- Elemental Mod 1

- Elemental Mod 2

You have to polarize your weapon 2 times.

grakata > soma

Grakata > Soma? I do know that Gorgon and Supra are be better than Soma, but Grakata? I think I must try it.

Grakata? Soma? Gorgon?

Ah, do you mean Brakk maybe?! Yeah, this baby is awesome!

Brakk is a secondary. He asked for primary weapon build for his Soma.

grakata > soma

Synapse and Grakata are better than Soma?! Are you insane?!

Soma with crit build and corossive combo has 22k DPS (average)...  Synapse has 16k DPS ... I have no idea about Grakata but it's damage, critical chance and power are worse than Soma's so NO just no.

Even agaisnt armor ..... Soma has ~35k dps(average) and Synapse has ~27k dps (before reduction).

The mods used are:

Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, Tainted Clip, Stormbringer

All maxed. (ofcourse Synapse needs only lvl 3 Point Strike)

Didn't calculate the bleed damage...

Giving that Synapse is allready electric..... stormbringer should act like a damage buff (like Serration) like this:

Base * 1.XX(% electric) * 1.YY(% Serration + Heavy Calliber) * 1.ZZ(% other elemental)

Edited by nekrojiji

Soma with crit build and corossive combo has 22k DPS (average)...  Synapse has 16k DPS ... I have no idea about Grakata but it's damage, critical chance and power are worse than Soma's so NO just no.

Even agaisnt armor ..... Soma has ~35k dps(average) and Synapse has ~27k dps (before reduction).

The mods used are:

Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, Tainted Clip, Stormbringer

why heavy Q.Q soma is a rifle not a shotgun v.v dont wanna spread the floor 

Did you try Heavy Calliber? ..... Soma is a very accurate rifle.  A little accuracy debuff is not that much giving the damage you get in return.

Don't trust people who say it becomes a shotgun.....try it yourself.

Even if you don't max Heavy Caliber ...but for 40% Accuracy you get 120% damage bonus.

Edited by nekrojiji

The mods used are:

Didn't calculate the bleed damage...

Giving that Synapse is allready electric..... stormbringer should act like a damage buff (like Serration) like this:

Base * 1.XX(% electric) * 1.YY(% Serration + Heavy Calliber) * 1.ZZ(% other elemental)

Tainted Clip = Tainted Mag

Why would you use Multishot over Puncture?

The U11 Soma build is almost the same as U10. I have a two star Soma which I intend to make it three still (for that little boost in points available) and it works extremely well. It's no defense trash (low level) clearer like a good Ogris nuke, but into the higher end it holds it's own nicely. Obviously with Damage 2.0 any old build will take some tweaking, which I'm still actively doing, but if you want a good base to start with then hit up PeoplesChoiceGaming on YouTube for a build. There's a standard, and there's a 3x-Forma corrupt.

Just remember, Soma is designed to be a crit weapon no matter how you slice it. Play into it's strengths.

Tainted Clip = Tainted Mag

Why would you use Multishot over Puncture?

not tainted mag ... the Toxic elemental one ..... the name is Tainted Clip

and multishot because ....usually enemies don't clump up...

Edited by nekrojiji

Soma. it's greatToo muc better than before U11..Before U 11, i can see 192 192 dam, but now i can see 6xx dam( without buff/ultinova

Soma, 6 slot polar: seration, spilt chamber, ( combo 3 crit mobs), metal auger,  infrested clip, lighting dam...

Hi Skream_UK

- Elemental Mod 1

- Elemental Mod 2

Thanks for the advice good sir! :)

Really depends how you want to play your soma, up fire rate and put ammo mutation and it because a super accurate SMG, us heavy caliber and you have supra with less damage but less wind up, pretty much.

Hi Skream_UK

- Elemental Mod 1

- Elemental Mod 2

Why Piercing hit? and why no Split Chamber.

My build is:

- Split Chamber (Multishot)

- Elemental Mod 1

- Elemental Mod 2

You can use Critical Delay if you don't have Hammershot.

-snip-

I'm fairly sure that first one was part sarcasm. I mean read it. His argument that the Soma sucked was that there was another weapon that existed before it that performed a similar function.  

On topic, 

Fairly standard build for it. Point Strike/Vital Sense/Serration/SplitChamber will be your base.  

Magnetic damage for corpus, corrosive for grineer, Wildfire and Shred for infested, hellfire is an option to increase fire damage even further but you're likely already killing them so fast killing multiple at a time will be better.   

two slots left? What do we do? Options; Heavy caliber, Critical Delay, Fast Hands, a third element/speed trigger/shred for corpus/grineer builds, and hammershot.  

Heavy caliber reduces the accuracy but increases the damage further. Best on infested builds where accuracy isn't as important. 

Critical delay gets the crit rate up to about 90% currently, but lowers fire rate and increases wind up time.

Fast Hands cuts down reload time by a fair portion. Great all around if you hate all that downtime. 

Third element helps with damage and proccs, just be careful it doesn't mess up your elements. 

+RoF is a straight up dps boost, and reduces wind up time. Be careful not to waste bullets. 

Hammershot further increases critical damage, but also improvesproccchanceyeahrightthatssohandytotally. 

I'm fairly sure that first one was part sarcasm. I mean read it. His argument that the Soma sucked was that there was another weapon that existed before it that performed a similar function.  

On topic, 

Fairly standard build for it. Point Strike/Vital Sense/Serration/SplitChamber will be your base.  

Magnetic damage for corpus, corrosive for grineer, Wildfire and Shred for infested, hellfire is an option to increase fire damage even further but you're likely already killing them so fast killing multiple at a time will be better.   

two slots left? What do we do? Options; Heavy caliber, Critical Delay, Fast Hands, a third element/speed trigger/shred for corpus/grineer builds, and hammershot.  

Heavy caliber reduces the accuracy but increases the damage further. Best on infested builds where accuracy isn't as important. 

Critical delay gets the crit rate up to about 90% currently, but lowers fire rate and increases wind up time.

Fast Hands cuts down reload time by a fair portion. Great all around if you hate all that downtime. 

Third element helps with damage and proccs, just be careful it doesn't mess up your elements. 

+RoF is a straight up dps boost, and reduces wind up time. Be careful not to waste bullets. 

Hammershot further increases critical damage, but also improvesproccchanceyeahrightthatssohandytotally. 

Thanks man! I will be sure to try all these out!

I have not yet tried soma yet, and it is being built now, but here is my basic build

comes with 2 V polarity already(but they are called offense slots), and I am thinking of adding a - polarity(but those are called tatical slots), so you will forma and add a catalyst to this weapon

Add max heavy caliber to this(total mod capacity 16) then attach it to the offense slot making it 8 instead of 16, then add serration at 105%(which is equal to 10 mod capacity) add that to the second V polarity to make it cost 5.

Next add the max metal auger mod to the forma'd slot that is now tatical slot, so the cost is 8 instead of 15

Then add max vital sense(capacity 9) and max point strike(capacity 9 too), to make 18 total capacity, after that, add max stabilizer so the heavy caliber's recoil on soma is negated and you will have bullets kill enemies with perfect accuracy. 

So now the remaining mod capacity of soma is 12, so we add max rifle ammo mutation, because why wouldn't you? This leaves 5 mod capacity left.

The remaining points are up to you guys, but here are some suggestions:

Faster reload? Add fast hands maxed, perfect fit.

Stealthy gameplay but can't keep quiet about using your favorite weapon? Add hush at max, same as fast hands

Closer look? Add eagle eye upgraded only once for 20% zoom, to make it feel like a sniper.

Faster fire rate? Add speed trigger upgraded only once.

More puncture damage!? Add piercing hit upgraded only once

So here is my combination for soma, good luck!!!

have a tip : pressing the melee block key when the reloading cycle is past 51% ( just when the circle is at half bc delay ) will cut the animation of the Soma making it shorter so you end up reloading it in ~2seconds instead of the full 3 

keep note that doing it too early still cuts the animation but you keep the emply magazine