Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Restore Ember

Shiro-Nethermore

On 2024-01-29 at 1:52 PM, HanShan7 said:

I get people miss her old kit but I don’t think she needs fixing. I play ember sometimes and I don’t have any issues, she’s just energy hungry. 

Too energy hungry. 

I'd really like to see her damage reduction ability changed to be less annoying. 

Like give it a set duration and when she pops an ability, it extends it by so and so many seconds. 

9 hours ago, HeavyFarms said:

Too energy hungry. 

I'd really like to see her damage reduction ability changed to be less annoying. 

Like give it a set duration and when she pops an ability, it extends it by so and so many seconds. 

Yeah it’s too punishing for what it is. It works as is but needs a lot of investment. 

On 2024-01-29 at 9:09 PM, Hexerin said:

Bear in mind, there's a difference between playing a frame, and playing a frame. Literally anything works on normal star chart, the question is do you play her on Steel Path? Cause try as I've ever tried, she just doesn't seem to work on Steel Path. She can clear it, but it's an absolute slog. Theoretically I could be missing some key point(s) though, and I'd welcome advice/tips from Ember players. Just like I did when Gyre was in the same place for me, and is now completely usable in SP thanks to that advice/tips I got.

(sorry late reply, forums was bugged) 

ive been playing ember since i started warframe , even during her BAD nerf'd phase before the current rework,  using my heart of fire build 

og ember captura LOL , i like fire... ? but i dunno if its helpful or unique anymore , i had this setup posted years ago 

HKE6XNR.jpg

she is SP viable but ive also been known to play her weirdly due to my build so ill explain this in 3 stages

basic ember play when im teach newer players :

cast 2 (activates meter and DR and  such-> use 3 to lower 2 meter, use 4 to raise 2 meter

3 also stripes armor = meter of 2 level *helmith is locked to 75%

4 is used to spread fire scaling the power strength of the frame also affected by 2 level

(so range can be a greater focus to improve damage = to enemies afflicted by heat) 

using weapons with heat also applies this buff %+ 

now for SP 

you have to understand the frames good and bad, ember has heat , which is great on armored but weaker on shields  so what can you do to compensate ?

equipping weapons with magnetic or rad or shock or toxin can be used to counter this issue,  but realistically enough damage of heat will melt them still.

another thing is while having DR via her 2 is nice, she is very prone to status procs (rolling guard or adaption) can help but you can also replace her 1 with nezhas helmith to get 

A: more heat procs = more damage B: status removal for self and iirc allies

standing is this fire gives you protection,  also side bonus slide speed

using embers 4 augment 

xcimvfna9kz41.png?width=250&format=png&a

cast of 4 to spread heat procs & is a good way to provide energy for yourself and allies

usually I cast 2 if its power cap starts draining too fast i recast it , casting 3 for 1-2 times to strip all nearby enemies of armor and apply heat procs , then cast 4 , and either let flames kill them or i kill them with a weapon to spawn energy orbs faster 

now another tactic is to double up on the fire , easiest way is 

WFVEILARCM-6.png

with this all heat damage from the powers (all her kit? and nezha 1 subsume to ember 1) now get double dip on procs essentially scaling the damage faster for you and improving her innate heat damage 

My play style

my builds called the heart of fire,  OG  HOF 7+ years ago

basic principle for my play is using rage (for energy)  and health regen aura that helped me to stay alive while also healing my squad constantly , id used to get energy via heat damage, but then we got heat = damage scale , which was nice and i didn't really need to change my build much.

mentality still the same core concepts: spread heat, remove armor of enemies , gain energy (now via rage and her 4 augment) heal squad+self

using nezhas 1, i replace fireball (which i dont like) and still keep to the heat theme , applying more fire and helping myself and squads via status proc removal, it can also be done to protect def areas or make safer flame trap trails to stick enemies a safer distance away

you can also use the arcane : molt reconstruct , which heals based on cast energy to you and allies (this synergizes with hunter adrenaline or rage) 

using auger mods for shield gate on cast is another useful trick (but thats for any frame) 

main point is fire up the enemies, melt them and gain energy, take damage gain energy and constant self heal. nearby allies will also benefit from this and your more likely to succeed and not go down 

hope it helps tenno

You wanna "fix" Ember, you do this :

• Keep her passive intact.
  • Fireball now bounces like five times, exploding on bounces like a Latron incarnon shot, no charge mechanic, full damage right off the bat but the "combo" mechanic stays.
  • Immolation no longer ramps up in energy drain, it's a fixed amount that scales with ability efficiency and duration like any other channel.
  • Fireblast base damage is improved, the armor strip no longer requires the CC to work, LoS requirement less strict.
  • Inferno summons fire pillars like the old world on fire rather than meteors that are out of theme, can now properly spread, spread radius growth is no longer inversly proportionate to duration, instead it reaches its full size in half the effect's duration.

It's only minor changes that she needs, not a full on rework like what grendel got.