Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo for solo rescue missions

afvillegas

Question

Recently I have been revisiting all the warframes I have so far, and try to getting the best of each one, so there is Limbo. One of the most hated warframes in the game apparently. But I found it is great for rescue missions in solo paying.

Not for the stealthy part of the mission, but for keeping the rescued alive. You simply vanish him/her to the void with your first hability and just go slow to the extraction point.

Warframe0006.jpg

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Can also do this:

r7w6eofw7v461.jpg

Source, the trick about banishing the target is the first comment in the thread as well:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/kc2dfh/stealth_tactics/

Limbo's not that bad of a Warframe even though it gets hate but is probably the frame that gets the biggest power boost going from Squad to Solo play so that is where the most of the hate about him comes from due to banishing others that is unwanted.

Limbo is hated because it has pretty nice mechanics many people do not understand. They also do not understand how this mechanics applies to other players and to missions. That applies too both Limbo players and squadmembers. Some people understand it and attempt to be distruptive out of spite or some sadistic purpose (they claim it is trolling, but it is not). 

You cannot use conventional weapons between rift and a normal plane. You cannot interact between rift and normal plane. Your abilities and your operator can, however.

He is also good for Spy missions because lasers do not detect him in Rift (and cameras you can break with 4). I like him on Ambulas or Kela Asassination because you can afk the rocket/lazer section. He is great on point control (mobile/defence/thermia fractures) as long as you use low range/small bubble. Sadly most Limbos I meet use big bubbles.

PS: Keeping the Rescue target alive actually is not required at all. You just need to Extract before he bleeds out.

Edited by Zakkhar

Yep the times I've used Limbo in a rescue I get the cell door open then throw them in the rift and dawdle out while the enemies are in a line trying to hit me and shoot me all the while I walk past them waving, only time I sweat a little is seeing a nulifier running at me full speed.

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

He is also good for Spy missions because lasers do not detect him in Rift (and cameras you can break with 4). I like him on Ambulas or Kela Asassination because you can afk the rocket/lazer section. He is great on point control (mobile/defence/thermia fractures) as long as you use low range/small bubble. Sadly most Limbos I meet use big bubbles.

Didn't know that about the rift and lasers, or I'd forgotten, play too many frames sometimes need to relearn them.

Can Limbo walk through the door wave walls that zap your energy?