Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to play with my Switch Account on PC?

Kaffeebohnson

Question

Sorry, I have a master's degree and read the whole readme but I still don't get it:

• I branched my PC account to the Switch back in 2018.
  • This means I am not eligible to merge my Switch and PC accounts together again.
  • I don't want to erase all the exclusive items and plat still present on my currently dormant PC account.

Ideally I don't want to touch my old original PC account, preserve it for nostalgia, and simply play with my Switch Account on PC. 

How do?

2 answers to this question

1. Create new PC 'sacrifice' account (but make sure you pick a name you like, as it will be the name of your cross-save account)
  2. Link your Nintendo Switch and brand-new sacrificial PC account together (make sure you select your Nintendo Switch as your primary account)
  3. You can now use your linked account to log into the game on PC or Nintendo Switch, while maintaining your original PC account separately.

Note: if you do this, please make sure your original PC account and your new cross-save enabled account do not interact; this may be viewed as using alternate accounts to circumvent in-game limitations and would be viewed as a violation of the ToS.

Add-on edit: If you wish to play with your original PC account on the switch (without overwriting your switch progress), you'll need to do the flip of the above... create a new Switch 'sacrifice' account and link your original PC account to it, picking your PC account as the primary. Then to switch between accounts on your switch, you'll need to hop between your NSW accounts (the original and the new 'sacrificed' account) on your console.

Edited by Letter13
  • Like 1