Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Arcane Reaper and Primed Pack Leader Doesn't Work on Excalibur Umbra's First Skill(Slash Dash)?

markcorrocruz

It doesn't work on Slash Dash for the same reason it doesn't on Landslide and Whipclaw, these are not melee weapons but pseudo-exalted melee weapons, which means that while they can inherit the traits of things that affect the equipped melee weapon, they cannot trigger effects meant to come from them, such as: Reaper, Primed Pack leader, melee Influence, or melee Vortex to put a few examples.

Have tried all of these myself while remaking my Atlas builds as of recently.
Fun fact, since we are at it, you can trigger Melee Exposure with pseudo-exalted melees and its 240% bonus damage will apply to their hits!

Is it confusing? Yes.
Does the game explain it? Nowhere.
Excal is great btw, want some recommendations?

Edited by (PSN)Pablogamer585

Hello again Mark, your response has sparked my curiosity and therefore I've gone back to testing to find more precise answers.
What you said is indeed correct in case you were referring to Primed Pack leader, as pseudo-exalted melees do trigger "on melee hit" conditions such as the one of PPL, however, they cannot trigger "on melee kill" or "on melee status effect" conditions such as the ones from Arcane Reaper, Melee Vortex or Melee Influence.

Focusing again on Excal's case, it is also true that Slash Dash, despite being a pseudo-exalted melee ability and benefiting from the same sources as Atlas and Khora, is not triggering PPL, and this might be due to the inner coding of the ability not exactly treating it as a melee hit.

If am not mistaken, the way Slash Dash works is by inheriting the effects of the active abilities at the moment of casting, and dynamically increasing the damage by the current combo counter damage multiplier & combo related mods such as Blood Rush, Weeping wounds, etc...
Interestingly enough, performing Slash Dash while using Exalted Blade can activate any conditions from arcanes and mods if the wave kills / affects and enemy, as each "slash" is "counted" as an Exalted Blade swing that launches a wave.

I am going to assume this is not necessarily a bug but a result from the terribly inconsistent coding of abilities, otherwise Mirage's clones gun hits, kills and more, wouldn't count as melees. Slash Dash definitively needs to be revised.