Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulacrum directly from Orbiter?

Aruquae

They should make the menu items drop down/expand and allow us to fast travel anywhere we have already been, a la Borderlands. What they have now is tedious. It would compliment what they already have, so nothing changes for anyone who still wants the status quo.

Edited by MutoManiac

Unstar's right; it needs to be in the feedback section if you want it noticed.

That said... there are a lot of seemingly-weird choices that Warframe's made where I can see reasons for them, on a technical level. (Like restricting trading to DE-hosted instances, such as dojos.)

This? This is not one of those.

Not only can I see no real technical reason you couldn't queue into the Simulacrum from your ship, as it seems to be just a specialized mission type (and thus entirely divorced from anything to do with the relay servers), but the way it currently works is actively detrimental to DE's servers. If I want to go into the Simulacrum I have to get loaded onto a relay server (thus getting everything attendant to that allocated on said relay server)... only for me to immediately turn 90 degrees to the left, walk all of like 2.5 meters, press a key, and leave the relay server again.

That's not what I'd call an efficient use of server resources.

I would almost certainly bet the only reason you need to queue in there is that having an "interact with this console" button in Simaris' room that's dependent on owning the simulacrum key was easier/faster to implement on a UI level than trying to add it to the ship's navigation UI.

So, yes, this should happen. (And yes, this probably should be in the feedback section rather than General Discussion.)

Edited by Packetdancer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

If you actually want DE to do something, you'll want to put this in the Feedback section; devs generally don't read General Discussion.

This is already in the feedback section, so I thought I’ll put it in the most active part of the forum to gain attention. (Not this post specifically btw)

DE already has regrets over adding it into the game in the first place (they don't like how most online content of the game is just there and nowhere else). So I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want to reduce accessing it from the current 4 clicks down to 2.

15 minutes ago, trst said:

DE already has regrets over adding it into the game in the first place (they don't like how most online content of the game is just there and nowhere else). So I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want to reduce accessing it from the current 4 clicks down to 2.

Honestly, they dug their own grave with that one.  There would be no need to use the Simulacrum if the game adequately communicated how damage, mods, weapons, and abilities worked.  But the game is filled with hundreds if not thousands of undocumented and exceptional behaviors, which has necessitated that players spend a large amount of time testing each new item and perk in laboratory conditions to determine what is actually going on with it.

Edited by UnstarPrime
typo
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

Honestly, they dug their own grave with that one.  There would be no need to use the Simulacrum if the game adequately communicated how damage, mods, weapons, and abilities worked.  But the game is filled with hundreds if not thousands of undocumented and exceptional behaviors, which has necessitated that players spend a large amount of time testing each new item and perk in laboratory conditions to determine what is actually going on with it.

Or players could just test builds in-game instead of requiring a testing environment. It's how everyone got by and even how the wiki was made before the Simulacrum was added.

Really the Simulacrum was a mistake through and through. Aside from the issue of how content creators use it the whole thing gives a lot of players false expectations as to how things could/should perform.

3 hours ago, trst said:

Or players could just test builds in-game instead of requiring a testing environment. It's how everyone got by and even how the wiki was made before the Simulacrum was added.

Really the Simulacrum was a mistake through and through. Aside from the issue of how content creators use it the whole thing gives a lot of players false expectations as to how things could/should perform.

Or DE could just give the players actual info and stats on things, instead of obfuscating everything (and often just outright not mentioning things at all).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, trst said:

Can’t change my build mid game though, that is what I like about simulacrum. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Can’t change my build mid game though, that is what I like about simulacrum. 

Absolutely, and make it so we can increase mod capacity, add forma, etc. sometimes testing stuff, I’ll look up a build on YT and get ideas to add a certain mod I’ve never used before, but that I have. Then I have to go back to the orbiter just to max out the mod and go back to the sim.

Edited by MutoManiac
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hmmm, ngl this post can use a bump

Ever since they added newer simulacrum rooms, i've been going to Simulacrum via Relay, Simaris
Would love if they added this. And if they already did, would love if I got educated