Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobile graphics just dont feel right

word.1m

The one good thing I can really say about mobile right now is that the controller support feels great (with a ps4 controller at least) and the touch support is fairly usable while also being pretty unique.

I'll be honest, I'm not even entirely sure how to describe the problem reliably. Framerate feels super low even at the lowest possible settings. The actual resolution, not even just the textures or something, looks like it's running at 480p max. Additional graphical effects don't really look all that great and I'm not sure if all of them even work. Every time an enemy appears it feels like the framerate gets even lower. I've seen videos of phone gameplay and the resolution does seem a bit better, which implies to me maybe it's a scaling issue on ipads? I'm not really sure. I know the game just came out but there's no way it'd be this bad when it looked great in the gameplay trailers and seemed to fare pretty well during the beta. I don't know what what the issue(s) here are but I just want some kind of answer honestly... I'm not looking to complain I was just really excited to play the game and it basically barely works for me

Is the framerate capped at 30 or something? Is there a resolution scaling issue on ipad? Admittedly I'm playing on a 9th gen ipad, but I wouldn't say they're old by any means, and why would the game page say that it could run the game if it barely could? I'm sure it's supposed to be better than this or at least on par with switch

I just want more information if the dev team could provide any

9 minutes ago, word.1m said:

The actual resolution, not even just the textures or something, looks like it's running at 480p max. Additional graphical effects don't really look all that great and I'm not sure if all of them even work. Every time an enemy appears it feels like the framerate gets even lower. I've seen videos of phone gameplay and the resolution does seem a bit better, which implies to me maybe it's a scaling issue on ipads? I'm not really sure.

Hi word.1m, thanks for bringing this to our attention! We've not yet come across this internally, so could you please post some screenshots or a video of what you're seeing? It might help us narrow down the culprit. Thanks!

• Like 1

sorry I didn't know how to sr on an ipad, im gonna start now

18 minutes ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Hi word.1m, thanks for bringing this to our attention! We've not yet come across this internally, so could you please post some screenshots or a video of what you're seeing? It might help us narrow down the culprit. Thanks!

admittedly the game feels a bit better than it did when i first posted but the text feels very small for the screen and still manages to look pretty fuzzy/low quality and the frame rate is really jittery doing even small simple things

14 minutes ago, jayy96706 said:

Hey word.1m, have you tried turning off the dynamic resolution option in settings?

yeah, ive had it on 100, 50, and 0 and completely off and it always felt kind of not good. it didnt really have much of an effect for me regardless

Edited by word.1m
clarification

2 minutes ago, DarkEffect said:

It does lag on the latest most powerful iPhone 15 Pro, this phone can run Resident Evil 4 just fine.

thats kind of what i was thinking about, mine can at least run like genshin and star rail at the highest settings at probably the same fps as my pc too, so im sure it should be able to run warframe a bit better too no? warframe is pretty optimized

26 minutes ago, DarkEffect said:

It does lag on the latest most powerful iPhone 15 Pro, this phone can run Resident Evil 4 just fine.

as an added note I literally cant even open duviri

hey! we can all agree that it looks A LOT better then on NSW....but anyway

I played the game yesterday on my iPhone 12 mini and today on an iPad Pro Gen 3. 

I agree with you @word.1m it looks like a stretched 480p or 720p ... textures are somekind blurry ... sharpness is
a small issue and it looks like for this resolution no AntiAliasing working.

After work i will provide you with some screenshots.

Scaling seems to be a issue, too. Like in you video at 39 seconds when you open mods you can see that there is some form of stretching going on.
This happens on the iPad Pro, too. On the iPhone it think it was quite ok but i will double-check that later.

• Like 2

thanks @jeopardy2808 , I’m glad someone can agree cause honestly I was a little worried I was the only one having this problem or something. the resolution does just feel very stretched, ill admit the framerate could partly be lowered by my older model of ipad but regardless I think the actual textures should be sharper and resolution should be higher. now that you mention it anti-aliasing (or the lack of it honestly) could definitely be part of the issue. let me know when you can send those screenshots. 🙏

p.s. I don’t even really know how to tag someone so yeah.. my bad if that doesn’t actually do anything

Edited by word.1m

vor 15 Minuten schrieb word.1m:

thanks @jeopardy2808 , I’m glad someone can agree cause honestly I was a little worried I was the only one having this problem or something. the resolution does just feel very stretched, ill admit the framerate could partly be lowered by my older model of ipad but regardless I think the actual textures should be sharper and resolution should be higher. now that you mention it anti-aliasing (or the lack of it honestly) could definitely be part of the issue. let me know when you can send those screenshots. 🙏

p.s. I don’t even really know how to tag someone so yeah.. my bad if that doesn’t actually do anything

hey @word.1m no problem :)

1) According "power"
Apple iPad Gen. 9 -> A13 Bionic Chip
Apple iPhone 12 mini -> A14 Bionic Chip
Apple iPad Pro 12.9 Gen. 3 -> A12X Bionic Chip

The A12X, according to other sources on the internet, is the strongest of those systems @ GPU Benchmarks - The A13 is just a bit slower than the A14.
So between your iPad and my iPhone there is not a big gap in gpu power.

I am going to provide you with more information / screenshots later.

But maybe according to sharpness there is a problem about the resolution - the typcial "known resolutions" on PC/XBOX/PS:

1080p -> 1920 x 1080
1440p -> 2560 x 1440
2160p -> 3840 x 2160

Resolutions on those mentioned Apple devices:

iPhone 12 mini -> 2340 x 1080
iPad Gen. 9 -> 2160 x 1620
iPad Pro 12,9 -> 2732 x 2048

Except the 1080 on the iPhone12 mini the other resolutions are completely out of typical range.

On PC (thats where i play) you always hear about the "native resolution". Quote
"Native resolution is the fixed number of pixels that a display can control, providing the best image quality" - Lenovo

Maybe the game is struggling with all this different native resolutions of these devices, not to mention older and newer models of iPhones and iPads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jeopardy2808 said:

iPhone 12 mini -> 2340 x 1080
iPad Gen. 9 -> 2160 x 1620
iPad Pro 12,9 -> 2732 x 2048

Except the 1080 on the iPhone12 mini the other resolutions are completely out of typical range.

On PC (thats where i play) you always hear about the "native resolution". Quote
"Native resolution is the fixed number of pixels that a display can control, providing the best image quality" - Lenovo

Maybe the game is struggling with all this different native resolutions of these devices, not to mention older and newer models of iPhones and iPads.

right, and that’s always gonna be a factor with screens with non typical aspect ratios. but like, even then, id rather have a stretched 1080p than a stretched 480p, which any app should realistically be able to do. something I’m also starting to wonder about is some people with similar or weaker devices are actually getting really good performance and resolution, and some with even better devices are getting worse performance. it’s just kinda all over the place which is why I’m not sure what the issue really is

• Like 1

14 hours ago, word.1m said:

as an added note I literally cant even open duviri

Thanks for the video! We'll look at this on our end and see if we can make some improvements. In the meantime, can you explain what happens when you try to access Duviri? Is your game crashing? Or are you unable to select the level?

Edited by [DE]Linkski
  • Like 1

vor 22 Minuten schrieb [DE]Linkski:

Thanks for the video! We'll look at this on our end and see if we can make some improvements. In the meantime, can you explain what happens when you try to access Duviri? Is your game crashing? Or are you unable to select the level?

@[DE]Linkski @word.1m

Screenshot - Login-Screen

Screenshot - Orbiter

Screenshot - Armory

Screenshot - Mods

Please look into these, too - The screenshots supports the video and the feeling word.1m has.

8 hours ago, [DE]Linkski said:

It crashes and won't even really attempt to open. One time I tried it did say there was a ram error, but that doesn't really make sense if the switch can run it with the same amount of ram.

On 2/20/2024 at 2:39 PM, word.1m said:

The one good thing I can really say about mobile right now is that the controller support feels great (with a ps4 controller at least) and the touch support is fairly usable while also being pretty unique.

I'll be honest, I'm not even entirely sure how to describe the problem reliably. Framerate feels super low even at the lowest possible settings. The actual resolution, not even just the textures or something, looks like it's running at 480p max. Additional graphical effects don't really look all that great and I'm not sure if all of them even work. Every time an enemy appears it feels like the framerate gets even lower. I've seen videos of phone gameplay and the resolution does seem a bit better, which implies to me maybe it's a scaling issue on ipads? I'm not really sure. I know the game just came out but there's no way it'd be this bad when it looked great in the gameplay trailers and seemed to fare pretty well during the beta. I don't know what what the issue(s) here are but I just want some kind of answer honestly... I'm not looking to complain I was just really excited to play the game and it basically barely works for me

Is the framerate capped at 30 or something? Is there a resolution scaling issue on ipad? Admittedly I'm playing on a 9th gen ipad, but I wouldn't say they're old by any means, and why would the game page say that it could run the game if it barely could? I'm sure it's supposed to be better than this or at least on par with switch

I just want more information if the dev team could provide any

I agree, I’m getting a headache from 30 fps and odd “aspect ratio” screen stretching… some things like faces are tall, and text sometimes… not sure if it’s everything tho

(iPad mini 5 @2048x1536, afaik all iPads are 4x3)

would love a 60 fps toggle setting

And a letterbox setting or aspect ratio fix, thx!

Just a heads up, we have seen a few reports regarding aspect ratios, and we've been working on improving how the game looks across various devices. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope to have some fixes very soon.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 12:05 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

Just a heads up, we have seen a few reports regarding aspect ratios, and we've been working on improving how the game looks across various devices. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope to have some fixes very soon.

Excellent Thanks!

I’m personally running lowest graphics and it looks fine to me. I’d crank up the graphics if I’m gonna stay in a hub for extended periods (maybe?)…

With zero lag and the ability to do (almost) everything I do normally…maybe I’m biased. Absolutely good enough for me!