The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Account Question

(NSW)SoulReaperX

Question

5 answers to this question

If you link your accounts and set your Nintendo Switch account as your primary, then your PC account data will be overwritten. This means that gear you have on your PC account will be lost.

If you want to play with your Nintendo Switch progress on PC without losing your PC account's data, you can make a fresh/new PC account (separate from your main PC account with Excalibur Prime) and use that to turn your Nintendo Switch account into a cross-save account. What this means is that you'll effectively have 2 accounts; one account will be your PC account with Excalibur Prime and your PC progress, and the other will be your cross-save account using your Nintendo Switch account's data.

13 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Is there a reason you can't merge them?

Link and merge are two different things.

well since i just looked again i cant do my switch cause it was an account migration  i just dont understand the However, these accounts can still be Linked normally and participate in Cross Platform Save. part

5 hours ago, (NSW)SoulReaperX said:

well since i just looked again i cant do my switch cause it was an account migration  i just dont understand the However, these accounts can still be Linked normally and participate in Cross Platform Save. part

Oof that sucks. "Linking" accounts completely erases the data of the non-primary account.

I'd wait and hope DE does something about migrated accounts being blocked from the merge option. They really need to address it. Cus your only option for cross save right now is losing one account or the other.

17 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Oof that sucks. "Linking" accounts completely erases the data of the non-primary account.

I'd wait and hope DE does something about migrated accounts being blocked from the merge option. They really need to address it. Cus your only option for cross save right now is losing one account or the other.

DE's stance on it is pretty clear, and they did address it... they reiterated they won't allow accounts that participated in previous account migrations to merge.

23 hours ago, (NSW)SoulReaperX said:

Just because you're ineligible to merge accounts (which combines all in-game assets of both accounts) doesn't mean you cannot link accounts (selecting a primary that overwrites all linked accounts).

As I mentioned in my previous post, if you want to make your Nintendo Switch account a cross-save account and do not want to erase your PC account, you can make a brand-new PC account and link your switch account to that one, which will leave you with two accounts: a PC account with your Founders gear (Excalibur Prime, etc), and a cross-save enabled Nintendo Switch account with all of your Switch account's gear (that you can then use on PC if you wish).