The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About boosters

Crazykill3r_222

I feel that the boosters are structured in a way that only benefits digital xtreme and not us as consumers since from a 7-day booster if the maximum you play per day is 10 hours you would be losing about half of that time since the boosters are still in use even if you are not playing and that's what I mean is that the time of such continues as if we were in game

With respect, you haven't made any argument that supports the idea that boosters benefit Digital Extremes and not consumers; instead, you've simply explained why you dislike subscription-style purchases.  Which is fair, but subjective.

Every subscription model is sold with the expectation that you're not always going to be using it.  Similarly, everyone who pays for a subscription should take their own expected usage into account when deciding whether it's worth the purchase.  If you only have 1 hour a week to watch movies, Netflix is a much worse deal than if you spend 16 hours a day binge-watching.  When it comes to subscriptions, your personal lifestyle is a — if not the  major determining factor of how much bang you are getting for your buck.

I'm guessing you're imagining that if the timer didn't count down when users weren't playing that we'd be getting a better deal, but that's not the case.  If DE changed the way that boosters function, they would also change their price.  So if (for example) your average player with a 7-day booster gets 8 hours of mission time out of it, then they'd probably sell 8 hours of booster for the same price a 7-day booster costs now.  Players who play less than 8 hours a week would get a better deal compared to now, and players who play more than 8 hours a week would be getting a worse deal compared to now.

• Like 1