Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Device memory is low. You have been logged out to prevent a crash" error on Duviri Paradox Quest (and Orb Vallis).

IFIFTHI

I've been playing for almost a week now, and I can't get past the initial cinematics on the Duviri Paradox Quest because it keeps popping up the "Device memory is low. You have been logged out to prevent a crash" either in the middle of the cutscene or right after you confirm your character customization. It doesn't matter if I skip the cutscenes or leave it be, it still crashes so I can't enter that world. I play on an iPad 10.2 9th Gen, with no apps opened on the background and with over 60GB of space, so I don't think the memory is the problem. Maybe the RAM could be an issue, but other heavy mobile games like Diablo, Genshin, ToF can run smoothly so i don't see why Warframe can't. I've also lowered my graphics and everything possible so the game can run more easily, but it seems like it's not working. I'm not sure if I'm the only one with that problem, but either way I've already opened a ticket with my logs and a screenshot attached to it, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. Is there someone who can help me out here please? I'd really appreciate it.

P.D.: Ijust started doing the first Fortuna quest, where you need to talk to Thorbus and steal some Corpus Resource Cache, and while I'm on the elevator to Orb Vallis it has appeared the same error screen kicking me out. Fortunately (see what I did there( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) after two tries I could enter Orb Vallis and do the quest, but then the second quest it has crashed again with the same error. If anyone knows a solution to this problem or if this is going to be solved in the future please let me know, thanks!

Edited by IFIFTHI
I mistook Orb Vallis for Eidemos.
  • Like 1

• IFIFTHI changed the title to "Device memory is low. You have been logged out to prevent a crash" error on Duviri Paradox Quest (and Orb Vallis).

Hi Tenno, in this instance, "device memory" does not refer to how much storage space is left for Apps & Files but your random-access memory (RAM). This means storage for information that needs to be used quickly, like information for loading a large landscape. The iPad Mini 10.2 9th Gen has 3GB SDRAM for Memory, which is relatively low on the grand scheme of iPhone and iPad devices. 

Last week we added the warning you mentioned before players enter landscapes such as Duviri, Cambion Drift, and Orb Vallis. If you dismiss the warning, you can still enter the area, but it is possible that performance will suffer and crashes are possible (which you reported). 

On 2024-02-28 at 2:52 PM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Whispers in the Walls: Update 35.1: Hotfix #6

iOS Specific Notes:

• Added a memory warning popup when players on lower spec iPhones and iPads attempt to enter areas that will cause them to run out of memory.
    • The popup will read: “Using a low-memory device may cause issues while loading this level. Do you want to continue?”
    • Devices in question include iPad 10.2 (2021), iPad 10.2 (2020), iPad mini (2019), iPad Air (2019), iPhone 11 (2019), iPhone XR (2018), and iPhone XS (2018). 
    • Areas can include Duviri, Deimos, Orb Vallis, and Dojos
      • Note: This warning popup will not prevent players from entering the above area(s) in question. Players can choose to dismiss the warning, but may experience performance issues in these areas, depending on their device. 

• Like 1

50 минут назад, [DE]CoreyOnline сказал:

Hi Tenno, in this instance, "device memory" does not refer to how much storage space is left for Apps & Files but your random-access memory (RAM). This means storage for information that needs to be used quickly, like information for loading a large landscape. The iPad Mini 10.2 9th Gen has 3GB SDRAM for Memory, which is relatively low on the grand scheme of iPhone and iPad devices. 

Last week we added the warning you mentioned before players enter landscapes such as Duviri, Cambion Drift, and Orb Vallis. If you dismiss the warning, you can still enter the area, but it is possible that performance will suffer and crashes are possible (which you reported). 

one would expect a performance issue to manifest in low framerate, since crashing means a complete inability to play, despite a device being supported

• Like 5

12 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Hi! Thank you for replying. I've seen that warning when I enter directly to Plains of Eidolon, and in that instance I can dismiss the warning and keep playing, but in this case, it is not a "warning" because I can't dismiss it, it automatically kicks me out to the main screen and then the message appears. My point is I can't enter Duviri because I can't complete the first quest, and I can't dismiss the warning you mentioned because it doesn't appear that one. Its sad to see that my iPad has low RAM, but if I can access other landscapes, I don't see why it only forces me out on Duviri. Is there any other way I can enter Duviri without having to play all the cutscenes? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hi Tenno, thank you for the feedback on the warning system. 

10 hours ago, IFIFTHI said:

when I enter directly to Plains of Eidolon, and in that instance I can dismiss the warning and keep playing, but in this case, it is not a "warning" because I can't dismiss it, it automatically kicks me out to the main screen and then the message appears.

Thanks for sharing this -- I'll relay the differences and the confusion to the team involved with how that in-game warning works. To clarify, when going to Duviri, do you mean you get the warning before entering AND after getting kicked? or ONLY after getting kicked?

10 hours ago, IFIFTHI said:

if I can access other landscapes, I don't see why it only forces me out on Duviri.

As for why you are being pulled out of one Landscape and not the other, each one of these has varying size and technical scope. For instance, Plains of Eidolon was developed in 2017, whereas Duviri was developed in 2022 and released in 2023. With a roughly five year difference, the Duviri landscape is a lot more technically ambitious with its visuals and under the hood elements. As a result, a device with a lower memory (again not memory as in overall app & file storage) could have an easier time running a 2017 landscape compared to running a 2023 landscape that uses the latest tech.

Thank you for understanding~

• Like 3

6 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Hi Tenno, thank you for the feedback on the warning system. 

Thanks for sharing this -- I'll relay the differences and the confusion to the team involved with how that in-game warning works. To clarify, when going to Duviri, do you mean you get the warning before entering AND after getting kicked? or ONLY after getting kicked?

As for why you are being pulled out of one Landscape and not the other, each one of these has varying size and technical scope. For instance, Plains of Eidolon was developed in 2017, whereas Duviri was developed in 2022 and released in 2023. With a roughly five year difference, the Duviri landscape is a lot more technically ambitious with its visuals and under the hood elements. As a result, a device with a lower memory (again not memory as in overall app & file storage) could have an easier time running a 2017 landscape compared to running a 2023 landscape that uses the latest tech.

Thank you for understanding~

Understandable that Duviri is 'heavier', I hope it can be optimized so lower spec devices are able to play. 

As for your question, the warning appears only after getting kicked out of the quest/cinematic. I've attached two short videos and a screenshot so you can see exactly what happens. In one video it kicks me out in the second cinematic, and in the second it kicks me when I reach the customization character screen. It can also happen in the cinematic where you are killed with a sword and the other one where a hand appears out of the ground and attaches to your hand. I've never been able to get past all the cinematics and start controlling the player.

https://imgur.com/a/0xEq8ww

• Like 1

1小时前 , [DE]CoreyOnline 说:

Thank you for the added details and the clips! We are tracking this and intend to add the warning before you initiate the quest / cinematic. 

Hello,[DE]corey,I found that when loading large scenes, texture subdivision takes up a lot of memory and processor resources. Please tell David to lower the price of texture subdivision to save memory resources and effectively avoid crashes, instead of adding a useless prompt window. It makes people feel stupid to add windows! Go to fix this problem! It is a texture cache overflow that causes a crash!

• Like 1

What I mean is that your custom game engine technology is very outdated, and its texture cache management system often causes severe device overheating. It needs a lot of updates to adapt to mobile devices!

[DE]Game developer,I will be ashamed to add a prompt window for you. Why not find out the cause and fix the problem? We face dozens of game crashes every day because the game engine is backward in adapting to the mobile terminal!

At present, there are two major problems.

1. The first is that the loading speed of the mobile terminal is slower than that of PC. When the PC is the host, the loading is not completed when the mobile terminal is settled. After the PC is loaded and exited, the mobile terminal loses the connection with the host, resulting in the crash of the mobile terminal!

2.The texture cache management system of the game engine does not match the mobile terminal. The game engine technology is too backward, resulting in serious fever and cache overflow, resulting in crash!

Solution: Update your settlement mechanism, enable the reward item progress cache function on the mobile terminal, and automatically load the progress cache after restarting the game after the game crashes and upload it to the server. Encryption is required to ensure security.

Focus on updating the mobile technology of your game engine, instead of crashing again after frequently updating the game.

Edited by WOLATURS
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2024-03-06 at 7:57 PM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

What's the point of releasing a game which majority of players can't play in Supported devices. Apple always keeps ram at 3-4gb in most devices. Only few extremely costly devices has more.

Most of my friends left game because it is unable to run properly in their devices. A rushed release is worse than no release.

Now after Dante unbound update the condition is even worse. Most maps and dojo won't even load and crash in between screens. All open world except the old plain of eidolone immediately crashing and also might cook the device due to overheating in mobile.

It's impossible for such graphics it costing extremely high ram and processor.

Host of pc leaves map before a ios player even load into a mission even if starts at same time.

That's too much!

Edited by Shouvik2001
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...