Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potential Dagath Augments

I've been eagerly awaiting the potential augments Dagath will receive in the future as she is already a very powerful frame as is but I would like to hear some potential ideas from the community. I got some of my own though I do believe augments should be reserved for things that fundamentally change how an ability works or extra effects that would be too powerful to bake into the ability normally.

(Grave Spirit Augment) Soul Bind- Grave Spirit now automatically puts you in spirit form with halved duration, killing enemies afflicted by doom extends the duration by 1 second. And to discourage using it just to afk or be invincible for free, give it a 10 hp/s health drain that ramps up to 75 hp/s over 10 seconds with kills resetting the health drain and a cap on the max duration at just 20 seconds. Values are subject to change but the core idea of this is to change grave spirit from a get out of jail free card into an active defense ability where you must fight to survive.

(Doom Augment) Final Judgement- Damage that the scythes do that exceed a targets max hp is split between doomed targets within 5m. The idea behind this one is to make it so any potential "overkill" damage does not go to waste and encourage weapons that do high single target damage. For example, if you have grave spirit on and enough strength for doom to mimic 100% of your damage (for those that dont know this ability doubles dooms stored damage) and you hit them for 250 damage. they'd only have 250 hp left but doom would do a 500 damage strike to them. Instead of letting that excess 250 go to waste it will be divided equally among nearby targets. So say there are 5 people nearby, their instance of doom would all absorb 50 damage each.

(Wyrd Scythes Augment) Wyrd Storm- Doubles the duration her scythes spin but removes the throw at the end. Scythes will instead be thrown as you shoot. While her scythes are really nice, I feel that they do not mesh well with a more gun centric gameplay because of the long delay they have before thrown which poses a problem when trying to fight at a distance. With this you could more reliably spread doom without having to be right in the fray by making them fire in tandem with your weapons while making the actual "spin" portion more of a defensive buffer between you and melee units.

32 minutes ago, LightlessIvara said:

(Doom Augment) Final Judgement- Damage that the scythes do that exceed a targets max hp is split between doomed targets within 5m. The idea behind this one is to make it so any potential "overkill" damage does not go to waste and encourage weapons that do high single target damage. For example, if you have grave spirit on and enough strength for doom to mimic 100% of your damage (for those that dont know this ability doubles dooms stored damage) and you hit them for 250 damage. they'd only have 250 hp left but doom would do a 500 damage strike to them. Instead of letting that excess 250 go to waste it will be divided equally among nearby targets. So say there are 5 people nearby, their instance of doom would all absorb 50 damage each.

+1

1 hour ago, LightlessIvara said:

(Grave Spirit Augment) Soul Bind- Grave Spirit now automatically puts you in spirit form with halved duration, killing enemies afflicted by doom extends the duration by 1 second. And to discourage using it just to afk or be invincible for free, give it a 10 hp/s health drain that ramps up to 75 hp/s over 10 seconds with kills resetting the health drain and a cap on the max duration at just 20 seconds. Values are subject to change but the core idea of this is to change grave spirit from a get out of jail free card into an active defense ability where you must fight to survive.

So instead of passive ability (that you turn on once and forget till you die) you make it "cast > do something"? That part should be part of base ability.

As for details I feel like it won't be useful or too powerful. In first case you don't kill fast enough (or don't have enemies affected by doom) so you end up with like 5 hp at the end. Maybe you will have 1-2 second of shield gate but with toxic or some enemies you just die. In second case you just slap Vazarin, hp regen etc and you are just immortal for that 20 or so seconds.

IMHO it should be like single cost, some duration (affected by mods) like 10-15 seconds. Add some bonuses (e.g. each kill give you +n flat crit chance). Then you can put some drain over seconds or stuff like you suggested to add more bonuses.

47 minutes ago, quxier said:

As for details I feel like it won't be useful or too powerful. In first case you don't kill fast enough (or don't have enemies affected by doom) so you end up with like 5 hp at the end. Maybe you will have 1-2 second of shield gate but with toxic or some enemies you just die. In second case you just slap Vazarin, hp regen etc and you are just immortal for that 20 or so seconds.

IMHO it should be like single cost, some duration (affected by mods) like 10-15 seconds. Add some bonuses (e.g. each kill give you +n flat crit chance). Then you can put some drain over seconds or stuff like you suggested to add more bonuses.

Don't forget while in spectral form every kill drops a health orb that heals for 50 hp not including the occasional spike you'll get from her passive. It's very unlikely you'll be left at low hp by the time it runs out. As for duration, thats referring to a maximum you can have stored at one time like cathode grace. If anything I'd consider upping the health drain a bit because it shouldn't be too difficult to maintain at high levels but I do want there to be danger that comes from being inefficient at killing.