The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Morbin' time! (Revenant)

7 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

I don't really know about Garuda, theme wise...I'd like to say she's a Vampire too, but she's themed around Gore and bloodlust not Vampirism, which is, you know, potato potahto

Indeed she is vampire themed 

Moreso on the “sucking the life force (blood)” vampire kind. You can see the vampire theme especially on her prime. You’re right on the gore/bloodlust it’s all three though. 

59 minutes ago, quxier said:

That being said, her 2nd (Blood altar) is literally built around Vlad The Impaler deeds - impaling enemies.

Not to mention her Bathory helmet being a nod to Elizabeth Bathory. No spoilers for Ms. Bathory here, it’s a good read 

• Like 2

On 2024-03-06 at 9:06 PM, Qorvex99 said:

Will definitely consider it, I'm still using Zenurik, and I have slight performance problems with energy efficiency, especially when I do the one shot combo with Enthrall and reave.

Maybe Primed redirection has to go, and either P flow or nexus will replace it.

If energy is a problem. Heres what i did on my rev. Just as an example.

I replaced flow with equilibrium and slapped 2 blue tau shards for energy on him instead. With two yellow for energy orb efficency as well.

(Then one yellow for parkour)

All my energy problems went away with that im always at 100% energy

3 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

If energy is a problem. Heres what i did on my rev. Just as an example.

I replaced flow with equilibrium and slapped 2 blue tau shards for energy on him instead. With two yellow for energy orb efficency as well.

(Then one yellow for parkour)

All my energy problems went away with that im always at 100% energy

I fixed my energy problem by having, primed flow, preparation, Nourish and fleeting expertise.

it turns out, negative duration makes reave faster with it's momentum increasing ability, and the rest of his abilities don't need high duration.

and now I have saved shard slots for casting speed and power strength, I love happy endings!

On 2024-03-06 at 8:54 PM, Qorvex99 said:

I don't think I've seen any instance where Vampires are actually depicted menacingly, I always get Twilight and Vampire diaries flashbacks whenever I think of them, maaayybe Van Helsing, but even that was funny lol

Depending on what you consider menacing there is some brutal vampire lore out there.

World of Darkness vampires and their clans. Can see it in games like Vampire the Masquerade both in pen and paper form and as PC games. Can also experience it with the Vampire the Masquerade TV-show from the 90's if you can get a hold of it.

The Underworld franchise is also based on the WoD setting, it was actually supposed to be a series of WoD movies but something else happened along the way.

Blade from Marvel and the Vampires tied to the whole part of the Marvel universe.

Warhammer Vampires, all the different breeds. Von Carstein being the more regular fancy Dracula, while Blood Dragons are the warrior/knight Dracula, with Strigoi being based on old morbid strigani myths and then Lamia the ancient egyptian/greek/mediteranean mythos spin.

30 days of Night, probably the most interesting interpretation of vampires. Brutal blood lusting beasts that see humans as nothing but a lower being on the food chain, with the sole purpose of becoming not-so-very-fast food for the vamps. If you havent seen it do so and you'll never think of vampires the same again and it will likely wash your mind clean of the Twilight and Vamp Diaries filth that has gotten stuck there. 30 days of Night: Dark Days is also decent, it teaches you that humans are also good as bath water, or maybe it is bath "oil"? The sequel has a different theme from the first, it's about vampire hunting while the first one is about vamires hunting. :clem:

Vampires with James Woods, another great depiction of vampires. Also brutal with little regard to human life. Lots of the classic thropes, cant be in sunlight, stakes through the heart kill them and so on. The movie is about a group of Vamp hunters that run into a real ancient vampire hiding out in New Mexico.

From Dusk Till Dawn by Tarantino. Good vamp flick aswell, also more beastly than most, with the same deal where the vamps only see humans as food. More on the silly side thought since it is quite over the top.

Last Voyage of the Demeter that recently came out. Great movie about what happened to the ship in the title as Vlad was carried across the sea. Mentioned in the story from Bram Stoker.

Near Dark is an oldie but goodie aswell with Bill Paxton and uhm... Lance Henriksen iirc. It's about a group of "gypsy" vamps that happen to turn a human that then starts to travel with them. Lots of bad attitudes. 

Doctor Sleep also touches on an alternate vamp mythos, also with travelers. Really good and cool.

Lost Boys is also a classic, same as Fright Night (remake was uhm decent).

But yeah... 30 dys of Night and potentially Dark Days aswell would be my recommendations to clean your head from Twilight and Vamp Diaries, then after that move onto the others.