Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else feel extractors still die too easily in Endurance runs?

SirJackDaReaper

Besides using a frame for them I mean, it would be nice to have them changed from being destroyed to just slowing them down for the sake of future game modes similar to the Circuit.
Like in a regular mission it isn't too bad and you rarely do them to huge levels, but in the circuit it's completely different.

So I think it'd be neat if they stopped at 1% HP when heavily damaged, and in exchange took 50-100% longer to complete. While it make most extractions in Circuit take 10 min-15 min at late game if it's damaged, I feel this achieves the same effect as if they were destroyed. You can't even fail a extraction anyway, it's just annoying so a change like this would feel nice and make the progression more smooth.|

Anyone else think the same thing is viable?

• Like 1

There's no penalty for losing specific extractors, so there's no real point in making any of them invulnerable. Your progress will simply keep going until you've extracted enough slivers of cryotic. It does mean you wait for a new one to spawn in, but that's at least one drawback for not being good enough to defend your extractors

Edited by Pakaku

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

There's no penalty for losing specific extractors, so there's no real point in making any of them invulnerable. Your progress will simply keep going until you've extracted enough slivers of cryotic. It does mean you wait for a new one to spawn in, but that's at least one drawback for not being good enough to defend your extractors

That's kind of why I think it'd be nice to change that from slivers to just taking longer, at least in locations like the circuit. You don't always get a frame that's decent enough to defend an extractor or cryopod against enemies that are level 3000+

It would achieve the same goal, and just feel nicer than waiting 10+ min for a new extractor and trying not to die during that.

Edited by SirJackDaReaper

Let's also mention the fact that thraxes in particular rush towards them while protected by overguard, so they come from nowhere and destroy our vulnerable excavators with one single swing of their big a** scythe.

• Like 1

Just now, VibingCat said:

Let's also mention the fact that thraxes in particular rush towards them while protected by overguard, so they come from nowhere and destroy our vulnerable excavators with one single swing of their big a** scythe.

Love how their overguard completely negates all of the defensive frames’ CC. If you’re too busy with some random enemy, you’re not going to realize the thorax barreling towards the excavator like a freight train.

• Like 1

On 2024-03-15 at 7:42 AM, Aruquae said:

I would love if they just made extractors scale off of enemy level.

Loki’s decoy got this feature before the extractors did…

Well that's the funny thing and they did do that, the problem is that extractors dont have armor nor do they have defenses so it's just a blob of flesh and metal that gets mauled in seconds by grineer. 

11 hours ago, SirJackDaReaper said:

Well that's the funny thing and they did do that, the problem is that extractors dont have armor nor do they have defenses so it's just a blob of flesh and metal that gets mauled in seconds by grineer. 

I swore it didn’t have steel path modifiers. Maybe some built in shieldgate? That could synergies well with the batteries. 
Unless of course it has it already and I barely noticed it

14 hours ago, Aruquae said:

I swore it didn’t have steel path modifiers. Maybe some built in shieldgate? That could synergies well with the batteries. 
Unless of course it has it already and I barely noticed it

Shield gate wouldn't help much either because it'd need a really long time to be beneficial and even then the high level enemies do such a high level of damage that that would just give you a single extra chance per extractor.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SirJackDaReaper said:

Shield gate wouldn't help much either because it'd need a really long time to be beneficial and even then the high level enemies do such a high level of damage that that would just give you a single extra chance per extractor.

Very true, it would at least help with survivability

Not as much as armor of course, but it’s something. Your armor idea would be preferable.