Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Blessing Nerf

Nossius

Hello there,

As we all know, you, the people behind development and maintenance of Warframe, have been doing a bang up job on the continuous balance wave that brings the forefront to the middle of the pack and the ones that lack behind to the minimum required level of power and adoration that the tools of fun create fun; not the only fun, but still fun. Hence the coming nerf is to such: that has caused dependency issues for many Warframes. I would even dare to say addicted. Nourish.

Nourish as an ability provides an unmatched energy economy that makes many Warframes upkeep for ability casting to range from tolerable to amazing. The second part of nourish is the viral damage. Which viral being the highly sought after damage type, the helminth adds a high damage multiplier. So this nerf, from the information provided, seeks to level the helminth playing field and when used on other frames it will be at a significantly weaker state compared to its original. 

Now the undiscovered or unnoticed blessing; from the nice glow-ups that happened in recent memory, and where the culprit with possession and felony distribution, is under our focus; Grendel. Grendel has been given a new lease on life from the unused and unloved tools in the box to "...eeh works" but verily I doubt it made a significant impact on his usage. Because in my assumption, one and, if up to me, the only main issue was not fixedRestrictive gameplay. A gameplay that the so called meatball forces on its players; A hassle and excessive work that hampers fun and adds unnecessary interaction that does little compared to the competition. Imagine a helminth nourish is more fun on others being as an attachment rather than the original supplier. And yet not one frame's helminth is like that, the supplier always makes more use and gives more fun from the ability than the donation receiver. All this because meatball is a literal meatball, a bag of health, running around not being able to cast anything until he hast consumed. *Exhibit: all others cast nourish without consuming even with nerf. For the record the prosecution will like to rephrase cast to Spam*.

Hence my suggestion: meatball should be able to cast somethings at a nerfed or weaker state even while not having consumed. Then it will be a less cumbersome experience. Imagine a defense mission, between waves u can not refresh your nourish or have an easy belly shotgun or armor strip at the start. Unless  you change to a meat ball, armor strip, then unroll then shoot. Or first you have to look for enemies, even then, on medium to low levels, with given enough strength, and the abilities are of such that rely on strength, the consumed enemies will have perished before the tap of button to cast the ability. In both cases think of the fluidity and flow of the interaction. 

So makes high sense that my client should and must be released form his chains. The Chains of my client, Grendel, ?where others should be more free than than he to spam on his own territory. The chains that have bound my client to the state of his stomach. Thank you. 

The prosecution rests. 

Nossius,  

Watcher of Ace attorney gameplay        

P.S. The length of the consuming animation is a also big factor when considering flow because it makes you stand for a very long duration with your mouth open.

#VoteKomiforConclave.

Edited by Nossius
P.S. I added P.S. and komi ... yes #VoteKomiforConclave.

12 hours ago, Nossius said:

P.S. The length of the consuming animation is a also big factor when considering flow because it makes you stand for a very long duration with your mouth open.

Just roll around, dude, removes the animation limits and clears space so you can change back and shoot things again.

Too much overphrasing, cut to the chase.

Only Grendel needs stuff in his gut to use Nourish, yes, but also only Grendel heals from it. And the augment is only worth a damn on Grendel, considering it relies on the number of enemies in your gut to increase in duration.

You do not play Grendel JUST for Nourish. The other frames are here for that. Feasting is the main gameplay loop of Grendel, Feast itself is his main ability, it makes sense you'd be using it that much. Pulverize can already be cast without anything in gut, only Nourish and Regurgitate require enemies, and they kind of don't make sense thematically speaking without one.

Also, the title is misleading.

• Like 2