Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bloodshed Sigil - Untapped Customization & the Future of Sigils

This is a fashion-frame mini-rant. Since the syndicate changes awhile back sigils have now become a pretty desolate backwater for me.

Shoulder Sigils: The Vasero evolving sigil is fantastic and is now the only shoulder sigil I ever use, it is on 100% of my warframes. (I will say that the focus school sigils and the prisma lotus sigil are decent, but just not as good as vasero. The rest are white and I never use them). I submit that more sigils like Vasero would be the right choice. Shoulder flames (& other fx) are where it's at. Personally I'd try to find a way to update all the plain white sigils to be more interesting as well - being able to colorize them and add FX to them would make them real choices (at least for me). Another cool thing you could do is sync them to warframe activities, like making them flare up whenever you use an ability, or just your 4th ability, or get an hp orb or ammo, etc. (we already have code routes in there to make vasero work right?)

Back and Front sigils are entirely gone from my frames with only 3 occasional exceptions (depending on chest armor and syandana):

1. Mastery Sigil (new): looks pretty good and I sometimes use it on my back, pretty much never on the front though.
  2. Rift Sigil: when I'm looking for a chest sigil this is my alternate go-to, it adds a nice bit of flair, is very adjustable and takes colors.
  3. Bloodshed.

So now let's talk about the Bloodshed Sigil. I use it a LOT. Here's what's up:

equinox-small.jpg

saryn-small.jpg

Bloodshed is fantastic for adding extra glamour. It can be subtle or it can make a tremendous difference (as showcased in these two examples). I don't always want it, sometimes I'm after a clean look, but more often than not it's one of my main fashion accessories. Like the rift sigil it can be colored and adjusted at will, making it very versatile. (The main downside is that it's tied to kills but ey, it's still a win).

Now there might be technical reasons not to do this, but I think it's a massively untapped tool in our cosmetic arsenal. Imagine all the other variations you could make of this. Tiger and zebra stripes, spots, military camo varieties, you could even have gradients so that the feet and head have more or the inverse, do other in-game things similar to bloodshed like picking up energy orbs, etc etc. The Bloodshed is a particularly messy look but other varieties wouldn't necessarily be so.

But ok, aren't voidshells doing something similar? Well, yes and no. Voidshells are changing the physical surface (ok not literally but with normals that's basically the visual effect) whereas bloodshed is the paint over the top. So actually... they can be combined and work together. Here's one of my voidshell Vorunas for example:

voruna.jpg

Basically it's a fantastic tool in my fashion framing and I'd LOVE to have another dozen like it. I think this is the most potent use of sigils when it comes to the front and back (and because there are two slots - front and rear - you can even combine bloodshed with a more standard sigil if you want).

Because of syandanas however (which block almost all back sigils - not to mention weapons and frame-specific topology) I think there's a good possibility here to convert the back sigil slot into a pattern sigil slot for things like bloodshed that apply over the whole frame, and leave the front sigil slot as an option for the the more traditional sigils.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Information theoretically/hypothetically related to this problem:

*I think the bloody sigil has automatic censorship in the game code so when it is sensing it becomes invisible in fashion sharing.

*if I'm not mistaken, the government of some Asian countries "requires" the censorship of blood and gore, especially in entertainment products.

*it is difficult for developers to classify all colors similar to blood so the blood sigil simply disappears from the fashionframe.

*Note that you will never see anyone using the bloody sigil in public settings but it will be there on the player's profile.

Spoiler

Possible solution for visual censorship sensitivity:

Developers need to create a standard/default material/filter configuration that will be used to sense blood FX, meshes and textures related to organic degradation.

Basically this function must work on the RGB color scale code, especially R255. If Red is equal to or above 125 it must remain static at 125 while Green and Blue must receive this increase 125 divided between them until a total of 62 for Green and 62 for Blue.

In short, Red colors above 125 must deliver 1 point for Green and 1 point for Blue in order to simulate a 255-point scale. If green and blue are already on the 255 scale, the color will remain determined by Green255 and Blue255.

Edited by Famecans

On 2024-03-28 at 9:13 AM, Famecans said:

Information theoretically/hypothetically related to this problem:

*I think the bloody sigil has automatic censorship in the game code so when it is sensing it becomes invisible in fashion sharing.

*if I'm not mistaken, the government of some Asian countries "requires" the censorship of blood and gore, especially in entertainment products.

*it is difficult for developers to classify all colors similar to blood so the blood sigil simply disappears from the fashionframe.

*Note that you will never see anyone using the bloody sigil in public settings but it will be there on the player's profile.

The OP doesn't seem to be suggesting there's any kind of problem with the bloodshed sigil. They're saying that the whole-body effect of the sigil is pretty awesome and that it would be fun to have new patterns to play with. To trim things down a bit:

On 2024-03-14 at 8:22 PM, CrownOfShadows said:

I think it's a massively untapped tool in our cosmetic arsenal. Imagine all the other variations you could make of this. Tiger and zebra stripes, spots, military camo varieties, you could even have gradients so that the feet and head have more or the inverse, do other in-game things similar to bloodshed like picking up energy orbs, etc etc. The Bloodshed is a particularly messy look but other varieties wouldn't necessarily be so.

[…]

Basically it's a fantastic tool in my fashion framing and I'd LOVE to have another dozen like it. I think this is the most potent use of sigils when it comes to the front and back (and because there are two slots - front and rear - you can even combine bloodshed with a more standard sigil if you want).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2024-03-29 at 3:21 PM, Syrtica said:

The OP doesn't seem to be suggesting there's any kind of problem with the bloodshed sigil. They're saying that the whole-body effect of the sigil is pretty awesome and that it would be fun to have new patterns to play with.

Precisely