Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The warframe streams are generally not long enough to justify the required times for drops...

VoltrenXytech

i understand if streaming is time consuming and taxing mentally, but for todays stream you needed 2 whole hours of watch time to get all the drops, and they streamed for 2 hours 10 minutes, and unless you were always keeping the stream open, or were getting notified through something other than Twitch, you missed out of at least one or more of the drops, or in my case where i wasn't notified on twitch until 50 minutes from the end of the stream, you got no drops and lost all chance of getting anything

either the streams need to be much longer, like at least DOUBLE the max time for drops, or the drops watch time requirements need to be massively reduced, im genuinely pissed that i missed out because of Twitches current issues with notifications, i didn't even get an email notification that Warframe went live until 2 minutes ago... ive seen better notice from skeezy websites than from twitch

had i not been on Twitch watching a friends stream i wouldn't have even known there was a stream, let alone drops, because for the pats month Twitches drops page has been more bug filled than the Helldivers Universe, so i couldn't even see any upcoming drop events or half of what was already going on, hell i haven't see it display a drop event for Warframe in nearly 6 months, not even in the "ended drop events" tab

honestly either fix the time to drop ratio, or stop with the drop events, because its insulting at this point, and we get enough flak from other free to play games, like Fortnite's lack of functioning support and holiday events being stripped to nothing but a claim page hidden in the quest tab, MiHoYo's line up giving terrible rewards for external and anniversary events, or even just Destiny 2 being a complete Nob to its community and always begging for more money

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, ominumi said:

If you're watching stream for free loot you're doing it wrong.

im watching stream, for news on the game, and exclusive loot, there have been a few times where they give exclusive items or weapons that you either cant normally get, or the item is not worth the wait or grind, like the Athodia or Zylok

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ominumi said:

Why though? This is why they give the loot anyway? To boost the numbers. 

1 hour ago, VoltrenXytech said:

todays stream you needed 2 whole hours of watch time to get all the drops, and they streamed for 2 hours 10 minutes, and unless you were always keeping the stream open

I feel your pain, but it seems it was intentional. If you cant watch for some reason, you can have the stream in the background or open in different browser/tab with quality reduced and sound muffled to lets say 10% (if you mute it it may stop counting).

1 hour ago, VoltrenXytech said:

were getting notified through something other than Twitch,

That is the whole point. You really cannot rely on Twitch only. Official Stream Schedule is known ahead:

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/113-livestreams/

• Like 1

yeah, but then i have to memorize a schedule and hope i dont forget or get dates and times mixed up and even then if i had a notification chances are i wouldn't have gotten the last drop because of the 10 minute grace period for it

i would use my phones calendar but that things super broken, ever since it got an update my alerts and reminders are off by a good 30 minutes, and alarms don't pop half the time... i would get a new one but... no money... phones are so expensive nowadays

an in-game notification would help, cause they USED to do that and it was pretty good

• Like 1

On 2024-03-15 at 2:01 AM, VoltrenXytech said:

yeah, but then i have to memorize a schedule and hope i dont forget or get dates and times mixed up

Are calendar apps not available in your country? Or just normal paper calendars?

Always relying on others to remind you about stuff is a bit selfish, don't you think?

i would use my phones calendar but that things super broken, ever since it got an update my alerts and reminders are off by a good 30 minutes, and alarms don't pop half the time... i would get a new one but... no money... phones are so expensive nowadays

Whatever we did before we had phones. I know. We used paper callendars either handing in the visible spot or small notebooks called organizers.

an in-game notification would help, cause they USED to do that and it was pretty good

As in red text? You get an notification on News console.

19 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:
48 minutes ago, VoltrenXytech said:

yeah, but then i have to memorize a schedule and hope i dont forget or get dates and times mixed up

Are calendar apps not available in your country? Or just normal paper calendars?

They could just set it in Twitch. That will change dates automatically.

59 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

As in red text? You get an notification on News console.

you get a notification about the schedule, they rarely have it for their streams anymore, in fact Twitchcon is the first time this year they've had a notification in the news console for one of their streams that wasnt just a schedule

but i think you're all missing the actual point, you had 10 minutes of extra time to get the last drop, most people will miss that window, statistically even when everything goes perfectly 90% of users dont show up to stream until the 20-30 minute mark, and thats if everything goes PERFECTLY, which it never does

1 hour ago, ominumi said:

And then we have people living in different time zones. What about them? Do they have to wake up 2 am just for exclusive loot?

no, for that DE needs to stop being a twit about it and allow the rest of the community to be able to give out these drops, i find it highly suspect that its just not a thing anymore, you either have to watch Warframes Official channel, or you have to watch one of their hand picked community members stream and its usually only one or two people

this is the ONLY game with drops i have ever seen not let their community be Twitch Drop Distributors, its one of the reasons i dont stream the game at all, because no one has an incentive to watch, and im sure theirs some BS reason behind it that ill learn about later

which i should point out most people not in the Americas miss the drops because of DE's ridiculous and unreasonable nature on twitch drops 

3 hours ago, VoltrenXytech said:

but i think you're all missing the actual point, you had 10 minutes of extra time to get the last drop, most people will miss that window, statistically even when everything goes perfectly 90% of users dont show up to stream until the 20-30 minute mark, and thats if everything goes PERFECTLY, which it never does

I think you are. I already wrote I think it was intentional to reward everyone who tuned in at the right time and "watched" the whole thing. 

If you are late for something that is entirely on you, especially considering the time needed for the reward was listed ahead (but not the stream duration).

Yes, the system may need a bit refining, but in this case it was not at fault. Some streams require less time to watch for rewards, some more. It is the organiser right to set the times as they see fit. Do not like it? Do not participate.

PS: What was the prize anyway?

Edited by Zakkhar

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

I think you are. I already wrote I think it was intentional to reward everyone who tuned in at the right time and "watched" the whole thing. 

If you are late for something that is entirely your fault, especially considering the time needed for the reward was listed ahead (but not the stream duration).

my dude.... this is a game, not a corporate 9-5 job... punishing people for not being purely punctual is just flat out abhorrent and inconsiderate

its a bad move no matter how its presented, but then again so it the whole not allowing anyone outside of the official stream and hand picked community members participate in drops, that literally is killing off the streaming community and preventing any new streamers from joining it

Just now, VoltrenXytech said:

my dude.... this is a game, not a corporate 9-5 job... punishing people for not being purely punctual is just flat out abhorrent and inconsiderate

Exactly! It is not a corporate job, not everyone needs to participate. It is optional. 

You are seeing it as a punishement for people who were late. I see it as a reward for people who were punctual.

Posted (edited)
On 2024-03-15 at 7:08 AM, Zakkhar said:

Exactly! It is not a corporate job, not everyone needs to participate. It is optional. 

You are seeing it as a punishement for people who were late. I see it as a reward for people who were punctual.

and i see it as a punishment for those who were late against their own wills, and a spit in the face of the community to then raid another community member and not keep the drops going, this is literally supposed to be a seasonal event for the community at large, and yet most viewers wont even get any of it because they were not punctual... its like saying your gonna throw a party and then not give any food or anything after the first 2 hours and still keep the party going

even if its a regular non-holiday event, its still a rude move

imagine if other F2P games pulled something similar, oh wait i dont have to because destiny did something similar to its community and they lost most of their revenue and almost all their players afterwards, its almost as if you treat you community with kindness and respect its returned back to you, but if you spit on them and refuse to do anything with them beyond the official stream they tend to grow spiteful and leave or even just stop spending money on the game at all

i would also like to point out this is the 3rd M rated game ive seen that has massive "child friendly forum" issues

makes it super hard to talk naturally for me, and its makes NO logical sense, but i digress

Edited by VoltrenXytech

You still did not specify which stream you mean and what the prize was.

Was it Prime Time 384? The rules are known ahead of time: Claim Time: 45 Minutes (Drop 1), 90 Minutes (Drop 2) and 120 Minutes (Drop 3)

Edited by Zakkhar

4 hours ago, ominumi said:

And then we have people living in different time zones. What about them? Do they have to wake up 2 am just for exclusive loot?

no, for that DE needs to stop being a twit about it and allow the rest of the community to be able to give out these drops, i find it highly suspect that its just not a thing anymore, you either have to watch Warframes Official channel, or you have to watch one of their hand picked community members stream and its usually only one or two people

this is the ONLY game with drops i have ever seen not let their community be Twitch Drop Distributors, its one of the reasons i dont stream the game at all, because no one has an incentive to watch, and im sure theirs some BS reason behind it that ill learn about later

which i should point out most people not in the Americas miss the drops because of DE's ridiculous and unreasonable nature on twitch drops 

I was able to get the Primetime drops until the useless DST (Daylight Saving Time) started this month. There's no way I wake up that early. 

• Like 1

On 2024-03-15 at 8:59 AM, BroDutt said:

I was able to get the Primetime drops until the useless DST (Daylight Saving Time) started this month. There's no way I wake up that early. 

i can tell you that only me and like 3 friends even have a chance of getting the twitch drops because the rest of our group either lives in area that it would literally be the middle of the night, or stupidly early in the morning, its ridiculous to ONLY allow for that 2 hour window set on EST/EDT

and to make matters worse almost every time they do a stream its set just before most people get out of work in North America, or just after they came back from lunch, this isn't optimized at all for full extent of viewership reach, in fact it seems to be deliberately launched at low points in twitches viewership rates, so after all that it just leaves me and me alone that even remotely stands a chance of getting a twitch drop, and even then you have what just happened of not getting any notifications they went live until AFTER the stream ended

On 2024-03-15 at 7:57 AM, Zakkhar said:

You still did not specify which stream you mean and what the prize was.

Was it Prime Time 384? The rules are known ahead of time: Claim Time: 45 Minutes (Drop 1), 90 Minutes (Drop 2) and 120 Minutes (Drop 3)

its almost every stream, and yes while they have a schedule that doesn't help because they do not give you an estimate of how long they'll stream, which is funny because there has been a few streams with 2 hour rewards and they ended stream at 1h 55 minutes, there is basically no organization, and the stuff thats their is half-assed

i am still the only one of my friends that has a potatoed Athodai, Zylok, and Vastilok along with some random emblems and decorations all because im the only one thats been able to get twitch drops...

frankly its a fix it or get rid of it situation, because wow do a wide majority of players never get the twitch drops due to some really dumb problems that DE themselves either are causing or could fix and dont because they cant be bothered

38 minutes ago, VoltrenXytech said:

there is basically no organization, and the stuff thats their is half-assed

Great idea to have things change. Insult them. Feedback mastermind. Bravo!

27 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

like they listen? in case you haven't noticed they started pulling what destiny 2 did a while back and started to cut off contact with the player base

and what am i supposed to do, say the systems perfectly fine and has no problems, no, ill call a duck a duck, and a shoddy system a shoddy system, its why its called feedback its not super friendly unless someone's giving compliments, and for these systems there are no compliments to be had, but there is  A LOT of frustration, and ive kept it very tames compared to posts other have made on this exact topic

5 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

You know don't bother. TC is one of those people who gets a Tau Forged Archon Shard yet still complain it isn't the color he wants.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ominumi said:

You know don't bother. TC is one of those people who gets a Tau Forged Archon Shard yet still complain it isn't the color he wants.

9 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

ya know... i see why the majority of the community hates the official forums, and its not because DE is on here, its because of the weird crowd of people that would defend any decision made by DE, even if said decision was as bad as taking away items or resetting peoples accounts

and i thought people were joking when they say to be careful of the Forum Zealots, i just thought it was a joke, but clearly its not

enjoy the medals DE wont ever give you for defending them so hard, you're about as entertaining as someone who always plays devils advocate, even on topics that doing so would make you look like the single worst human being, but you do so because you THINK it tests the sturdiness of claims

Edited by VoltrenXytech

ya know... i see why the majority of the community hates the official forums, and its not because DE is on here, its because of the weird crowd of people that would defend any decision made by DE, even if said decision was as bad as taking away items or resetting peoples accounts

and i thought people were joking when they say to be careful of the Forum Zealots, i just thought it was a joke, but clearly its not

enjoy the medals DE wont ever give you for defending them so hard, you're about as entertaining as someone who always plays devils advocate, even on topics that doing so would make you look like the single worst human being, but you do so because you THINK it tests the sturdiness of claims

I'm not defending DE in any shape or form. Your characer is in question. Getting mad over free loot. You make it sound like DE has to bride you just to watch them play a video game.

Yea, I don't think DE realizes Twitch can have up to a 30min delay before telling you someone is live.

On 2024-03-14 at 8:53 PM, ominumi said:

!plat
!plat
!plat
!plat

Seriously though I often watched so I knew when to sell stuff like when they announced Ayatan. Half the time it's also the only place you actually get information on where new content is because it's 100% lacking in-game. Lets be real though. Like 50% of those people want drops and have it tabbed.

Unless something like this happens:

bUyOsO5.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Yea, I don't think DE realizes Twitch can have up to a 30min delay before telling you someone is live.

!plat
!plat
!plat
!plat

Seriously though I often watched so I knew when to sell stuff like when they announced Ayatan. Half the time it's also the only place you actually get information on where new content is because it's 100% lacking in-game. Lets be real though. Like 50% of those people want drops and have it tabbed.

Unless something like this happens:

bUyOsO5.jpg

Fashion Frame ideas...

Prime time is on the same day and time EVERY SINGLE WEEK... (other than when times change with daylight savings).  All you need to do is set an alarm on your phone for that day&time, that repeats each week.... for like 5 mins before it starts.  When your alarm goes off, you load the twitch page.   It's not that hard to do.

If you miss out because you didn't start the stream until long enough into it that you don't qualify for all the drops, then that's on you.

Usually they have music playing for about 5 mins before it actually starts, and that time seems to count towards the drops too.

With the new system they have, where you don't have to claim one drop before you can get the second, it's even easier -  just set the stream going, turn the sound down and do something else if you don't want to actually watch.  Come back when it's all done and claim your 3 drops.