Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two-Tone Energy Improvements!

I'd like to start of by saying that I absolutely adore the two-tone energy system

the tl;dr is: let us put two-tone energy on more things (railjacks, orbiters, landing craft, etc), and give us more control over what type of two-tone is used, a simple button will do

personally I would also like it if I didn't have to spend a forma on something to make it match my fashion, but that might just be me

now to go into further detail!

Two-tone on more stuff please!

let's say I have a nice two-tone energy, like this ephemera!

E3ZAFJ8.jpeg

now I want to match my ship or railjack with my warframe

welp, my main options are:

green

ucuZY1K.jpeg

or blue

PIDapfA.jpeg

neither of which match that well regardless of what shade I try, two-tone energy on orbiter/railjack interiors, as well as landing craft engines would fix this easily

and now the main reason for this post

More control over the two-tone please!

Currently there are three types of two-tone energy

gradient (my favorite), where the two colors fade into eachother

E3ZAFJ8.jpeg

mixed, where the two colors mix to create a new color

AGw82lE.jpeg

and separate, where the colors are unchanged, and simply affect different areas of the energy

5nz0R67.jpeg

my proposal is simply a button to cycle between the 3 options, so that the colors can be carefully decided, instead of being based on what you're coloring

here's a very rough mockup:

iQCY7bV.png

uchY0vY.png

dkSA8QN.png

Edited by Ya-boi-PHAT
forgot to scale some of the images

side tangent, but the inconsistency of which type is used also kinda bothers me

my gauss' helmet (nitrolyst) uses gradient, but the rest of the emissives use mixed...

it's not just a tennogen thing either, my veritux has a gradient on the edge of the blade, but mixed on the rest

and the trumna? mixed emissives, gradient projectile/explosions, and muzzle flash particles that use seperate...what even

having more consistency on that would make it waaaay easier to make my loadout match in color scheme

I can't imagine the amount of work it would take to make everything two-tone, and consistently at that... If it's not two-tone already, I doubt it'll be worked on again

Sidenote, I see we like the same energy colours

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pakaku said:

I can't imagine the amount of work it would take to make everything two-tone, and consistently at that... If it's not two-tone already, I doubt it'll be worked on again

Sidenote, I see we like the same energy colours

making them all consistent might be a bit of a pain depending on how the system works, tho it seems like they having a pretty efficient system for easily adding it to new things, since every new frame, weapon, accessory etc. gets it, and it was retroactively added to everything when the system was added

and yisss, purple, black, and gold, haven't seen a single piece of gear it doesn't work on

i really wish we had a way to preview how the colors will behave with abilities and such, because sometimes just putting them in the order wrong will make the colors look dull and muddy when in use. the little aura around the warframe while in the arsenal is unhelpful.

7 hours ago, Telluric said:

i really wish we had a way to preview how the colors will behave with abilities and such, because sometimes just putting them in the order wrong will make the colors look dull and muddy when in use. the little aura around the warframe while in the arsenal is unhelpful.

god, yeah, especially since there's no indication of which type of two-tone the ability uses until you check it in the captura or a mission