The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So umm. Why does nearly every Aura mod still suck?

Xzorn

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

It's cool CP stacks well with them but outside Pillage. Most are small in radius.

Terrify is definitely not what I'd call a "small radius". And those were just a few examples, and all of them were from Helminth.

You also have Avalanche, Gaze, Crush, Fusion Strike, Reckoning, Fire Blast, etc... And all of them have sizable or massive ranges.

8 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

With a single Tau Emerald Shard and Heat status at 13 Corrosive Procs.

I made the claim at 98% strip, not 99%.

8 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Level 200 Heavy Gunner (Ferrite)
Total Armor 10,815.87

I also said SP (steel path) heavy gunner. That is nowhere near the armor of a Heavy Gunner on SP.

Retesting it seems I mistakenly used a Gokstad Officer instead, not a Heavy Gunner.

------------------------

But to math it out, at ~45,200 (pre-strip) armor you will do less corrosive damage to a 98% stripped (aka now 904 armor) enemy (SP Heavy Gunner surpasses this at level ~400). And at ~90,400 armor you will do less damage to a 99% strip enemy (takes 3 seconds of heat proc duration for that to happen).

So if you're using corrosive to strip, I'm guessing you're doing near level cap runs? It does not take a long time for the important enemies to have that much armor in SP, and that is only Corrosive+Ferrite. Not Alloy, Sinew, or any other damage type. You're better off full stripping (and you're 100% better off if your DPS gun has a better element for bare flesh on it, like Viral).

Edited by KitMeHarder
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Retesting it seems I mistakenly used a Gokstad Officer instead.

------------------------

But to math it out, at ~45,200 armor you will do less damage to a 98% stripped enemy (SP Heavy Gunner surpasses this at level ~400). And at ~90,400 armor you will do less damage to a 99% strip enemy (takes 3 seconds of heat proc duration for that to happen).

So if you're using corrosive to strip, I'm guessing you're doing near level cap runs? It does not take a long time for the important enemies to have that much armor in SP, and that is only Corrosive+Ferrite. Not Alloy, Sinew, or any other damage type. You're better off full stripping (and you're 100% better off if your DPS gun has a better element on it like Viral).

The reduction doesn't change based on level or Normal Vs SP. A lvl 200 SP Gunner will end at roughly 300 Armor instead of 100. It makes a difference but so does IPS weight or base elemental. It's cool CP helps Armor Strip abilities but I don't se much gain in kill speed. Casting animation, energy cost, etc. You can just shoot.

I already mentioned Alloy and my point of mentioning that Puncture should get Heat's Armor reduction was for versatility. Making Cold multiplicative instead of additive and also being able to use Electric. sounds fun doesn't it? You were just saying a Tau Emerald is never better but it often can be. Viral is just way too strong. I mentioned this on the Nourish nerf Topic. I don't take it for energy gains. I take it for Corrosive + Viral + Heat. Players used to think old Viral was too strong comically.

I could discuss the new scuffed status system all day but in the end this is about Aura mods and their questionable design / value.

16 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

It's cool CP helps Armor Strip abilities but I don't se much gain in kill speed. Casting animation, energy cost, etc. You can just shoot.

16 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

You were just saying a Tau Emerald is never better but it often can be.

"You can just shoot" is very often only single target when it comes to needing 13-14 corrosive procs. At best you're using something like the Ocucor or Torid.

Even then, it is utterly incomparable to pressing one button and stripping everything in a massive radius. 30m, 40m, even 50m, and some of them are even near permanent like Gaze. Allowing me to ability nuke that entire area and nuke it without even needing LoS. Stripping with guns is near single target and has no where near the KPM.

Emerald shards are great if you're running near level cap Void Cascade/Disruption and you don't want to cast Tharros Strike on every Thrax/Demolisher (or you don't want to waste your helminth slot). But anything that can't apply 13-14 corrosive procs to multiple enemies at once will do better with ability stripping in this horde shooter game (and single target weapons aren't even worth mentioning).

• Like 2

I feel like a nudge in the right direction would be changing the other "self nerfing" auras like Melee Guidance to have 9 capacity, like Power Donation.

Edited by Nira